Problems with new update?

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
ErinPW

Re: Problems with new update?

Post by ErinPW »

moondrake wrote:This is all very disheartening. I haven't been playing for that long and my game glitched and skipped the Quest for Toddlers, so I can't build the Pet Store and I am able to have only the one dog I started with. Now the game plans to murder all my Sims? I paid good cash money this weekend to get a toddler and a preteen, I wasnt aware I was only going to be able to have them for a short time before the game designers killed them. I am not following all this talk of orbs, but perhaps I will have it figured out by the time I need it. I am still on Alien Weather Machines, I assume the game won't start killing off my sims till I get to this Personality Quest? What happens if I never complete (or start any of the tasks for) the Personality Quest? Can it simply be ignored? When this game works it is a lot of fun but I have been jerked around in several ways by glitches and now the new update plans to kill off my sims. The first one of my characters killed by the game will be the last time I play it.
You can ignore the Quest. But then you won't have access to future Quests :?
Source: https://firemonkeys.zendesk.com/hc/en-u ... ife-Dreams
babhiemiao29 wrote:I have a question to those who already started to "quarantine" their sims. Based on the original game, putting your sim in an isolated room with nothing to replenish their needs tends to die right? So to those who already started to "preserve" their favorite sims, can you tell us the lengths(in terms of days) to which your sim's needs has already been depleted and that no grim reaper came to "fetch" them.

Thanks ~
I don't think, you'd have to isolate your sims. Just let them at home and don't visit and play with them.

The Return of the Zombie sims ...
:cry:
Modern Ranch Update, 5.84.0
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
blackbrit
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by blackbrit »

moondrake wrote:This is all very disheartening. I haven't been playing for that long and my game glitched and skipped the Quest for Toddlers, so I can't build the Pet Store and I am able to have only the one dog I started with. Now the game plans to murder all my Sims? I paid good cash money this weekend to get a toddler and a preteen, I wasnt aware I was only going to be able to have them for a short time before the game designers killed them. I am not following all this talk of orbs, but perhaps I will have it figured out by the time I need it. I am still on Alien Weather Machines, I assume the game won't start killing off my sims till I get to this Personality Quest? What happens if I never complete (or start any of the tasks for) the Personality Quest? Can it simply be ignored? When this game works it is a lot of fun but I have been jerked around in several ways by glitches and now the new update plans to kill off my sims. The first one of my characters killed by the game will be the last time I play it.
What level are you on? (Sorry, I'm not sure what order things progress in now.) The Life Dreams quest doesn't kick in until level 24, I think. So you may not have to do it for a while, depending on your current level. That will give you plenty of time to figure out how (and if) you want to play.

I think you should definitely put in a support ticket at FM so you can get the Quest for Toddlers back. With all the uproar about the update, I would hope their tech support people are taking care of players when something like that happens. Here's where you ask them for help:

https://firemonkeys.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
L 55, Easter Update
HFN, #2 Firehouse RD.
Haunted House #20 West Side. Pre-built HH @ #1 Firehouse RD.
"C" for 74 cats, "R" for 80 reindeer; See map view
GC: blackbrit.1
For GC: Mention Hay Day or SFP
moondrake
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by moondrake »

blackbrit wrote: What level are you on? (Sorry, I'm not sure what order things progress in now.) The Life Dreams quest doesn't kick in until level 24, I think. So you may not have to do it for a while, depending on your current level. That will give you plenty of time to figure out how (and if) you want to play.

I think you should definitely put in a support ticket at FM so you can get the Quest for Toddlers back. With all the uproar about the update, I would hope their tech support people are taking care of players when something like that happens. Here's where you ask them for help:

I'm on level 19.1. I am working on the Alien Weather Machines Quest in an unhurried fashion as I am more interested in playing the characters than accomplishing in-game goals. It sounds as if my best approach is simply not to do any elements of the Personality Quest until/unless there is a new update which makes death optional, or at least gives the sims a much longer lifespan. This 41 day lifespan nonsense makes a 24 hour task akin to someone spending two years of their life doing a single thing.

I'd honestly been assuming there was nothing they could do to fix my individual problem. But I did put in a ticket yesterday explaining the problem, thinking maybe there was a way they could throw me a couple of pets or activate my pet store. That's what I am really missing. I am very animal oriented, so having only one pet in my whole town feels sad. Reading all the furor over the update yesterday I was thinking that my problem was probably the last thing they were worried about, though.
Last edited by moondrake on 18 Mar 2014, 22:15, edited 1 time in total.
blackbrit
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by blackbrit »

moondrake wrote:
blackbrit wrote: What level are you on? (Sorry, I'm not sure what order things progress in now.) The Life Dreams quest doesn't kick in until level 24, I think. So you may not have to do it for a while, depending on your current level. That will give you plenty of time to figure out how (and if) you want to play.

I'm on level 19.1. I am working on the Alien Weather Machines Quest in an unhurried fashion as I am more interested in playing the characters than accomplishing in-game goals. It sounds as if my best approach is simply not to do any elements of the Personality Quest until/unless there is a new update which makes death optional, or at least gives the sims a much longer lifespan. This 47 day lifespan nonsense makes a 24 hour task akin to someone spending two years of their life doing a single thing.

I'd honestly been assuming there was nothing they could do to fix my individual problem. But I did put in a ticket yesterday explaining the problem, thinking maybe there was a way they could throw me a couple of pets or activate my pet store. That's what I am really missing. I am very animal oriented, so having only one pet in my whole town feels sad. Reading all the furor over the update yesterday I was thinking that my problem was probably the last thing they were worried about, though.
Being on level 19 should protect you from the automatic aging, right? It shouldn't be available to you until you hit level 24. This is a good thing. Unless I'm misunderstanding how the quests work now...
L 55, Easter Update
HFN, #2 Firehouse RD.
Haunted House #20 West Side. Pre-built HH @ #1 Firehouse RD.
"C" for 74 cats, "R" for 80 reindeer; See map view
GC: blackbrit.1
For GC: Mention Hay Day or SFP