[Update] The golden years

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
SIMazing
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Re: [Update] The golden years

Post by SIMazing »

Akmawmaw wrote:Is it just me, or does this seem like a kind of bizarrely worded quest? There's still punishment to be dished out? Then we get struck by lightning and food poisoned? Hmmmm.
Yes, I found this quest line to be the meanest and more disturbing of all quests I've ever been on in any game! :x
Especially knowing that many of us don't like our sims being mean to each other (which likely reflects a greater group uncounted for), and then having to be especially hateful in the game, and torturing our sims, that is just cruel to us players. :?
HFN 1: Starter House with haunted upstairs, 1 firepole: (22 West Side)
HFN 2 -Clue House with 4 firepoles: on island behind Tempest of Bliss (3 Bliss Drive)
Hufflepuff Karen
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Hufflepuff Karen »

SIMazing wrote:
Akmawmaw wrote:Is it just me, or does this seem like a kind of bizarrely worded quest? There's still punishment to be dished out? Then we get struck by lightning and food poisoned? Hmmmm.
Yes, I found this quest line to be the meanest and more disturbing of all quests I've ever been on in any game! :x
Especially knowing that many of us don't like our sims being mean to each other (which likely reflects a greater group uncounted for), and then having to be especially hateful in the game, and torturing our sims, that is just cruel to us players. :?
I didn't like having to complain to Old Arabella, so anybody that complained and got the dislike thing, I made them be nice over and over again until the dislike went away. I was afraid if I DID decide to age up Arabella she would be cranky because of the people who complained all the time. I am about to blow 12 LP to finish the Bingo Hall and the fish-a-thon will finish in 40 minutes. So before Old Arabella leaves, I'm going to have everybody go be nice to her lots of times, since I have a few extra hours and then I'll do the last parts of the quest. Hopefully, if I do decide to age her up, she won't be mean or cranky! I would like her to make quilts though and I want to get her some more cats while she's still working, before she retires and really gets to be Arabella Figg :) Wish the wardrobe additions came with a coat, a hat and maybe an apron...
I think, therefore, I Sim! (Or I did before they told me to "harvest" them)
HFN at Starter House (22 West Side); Pools& pets at several homes
Ghost hunting 2 Museum Blvd
GC: Hufflepuff Karen
TV $330,648,445 on 03/12/2014; Lvl 48
SIMazing
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by SIMazing »

Hufflepuff Karen wrote:
SIMazing wrote:
I didn't like having to complain to Old Arabella, so anybody that complained and got the dislike thing, I made them be nice over and over again until the dislike went away. I was afraid if I DID decide to age up Arabella she would be cranky because of the people who complained all the time. I am about to blow 12 LP to finish the Bingo Hall and the fish-a-thon will finish in 40 minutes. So before Old Arabella leaves, I'm going to have everybody go be nice to her lots of times, since I have a few extra hours and then I'll do the last parts of the quest. Hopefully, if I do decide to age her up, she won't be mean or cranky! I would like her to make quilts though and I want to get her some more cats while she's still working, before she retires and really gets to be Arabella Figg :) Wish the wardrobe additions came with a coat, a hat and maybe an apron...
I wish I had thought of that! I only had the young Reverend be nice to his Old self. But I did have everyone in town who had been part of the meanness that occurred (both age groups/quests) be nice to each and restore their relationships.
HFN 1: Starter House with haunted upstairs, 1 firepole: (22 West Side)
HFN 2 -Clue House with 4 firepoles: on island behind Tempest of Bliss (3 Bliss Drive)
Akmawmaw
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Akmawmaw »

It won't let me quote too many quotes but just wanted to say that I did the same thing. Brought as many as I could,to the park to be nice to old me. Well, that sounds kind of weird but anyway, they were all nice to her. I'm glad I'm not the only one who found this quests story line a bit disturbing.
mudgenie
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by mudgenie »

EvilEmily2213 wrote:I just want to thank all of you who were smart enough to make deer farms. One and only one of my neighbors did and I made about $2,000 5lps and 2sp while I was there for only 20 minutes! If you have a deer farm add me please! My Game Center is evilemily207@aol.com or ErMerGerd2213. And as soon as my current teen idol gets his 3lps I'm going to grow him and let you know if I messed up a good thing or if I can make another one lol wish me luck :D
How many deer did they have to get those kind of results? I have about 20 deer in my park but I may add more if that works better. I haven't updated yet. Don't want to yet till I finish building my second teen idol mansion and make some more LPs. Thanks.
Spirited Away Ghost hunting house below swim center on the left side
HFN at Starter house #22
Check out the house next to the volcano. :D
Current Update
hiser1974

Post by hiser1974 »

Regarding the mean actions during the questlines, I'm glad I keep one seperate sim for that kind of actions.
He is the most hated sim in town (and in Antoher Sim Town). That way the rest of my sims can all be nice to each other and be friends.
mudgenie
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by mudgenie »

Are the multiple free reindeer available after updating if you "earned" them b4 the update or do they disappear?
Thanks!
HFN at Starter house #22
Current Update
mudgenie
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by mudgenie »

mudgenie wrote:
EvilEmily2213 wrote:I just want to thank all of you who were smart enough to make deer farms. One and only one of my neighbors did and I made about $2,000 5lps and 2sp while I was there for only 20 minutes! If you have a deer farm add me please! My Game Center is evilemily207@aol.com or ErMerGerd2213. And as soon as my current teen idol gets his 3lps I'm going to grow him and let you know if I messed up a good thing or if I can make another one lol wish me luck :D
How many deer did they have to get those kind of results? I have about 20 deer in my park but I may add more if that works better. I haven't updated yet. Don't want to yet till I finish building my second teen idol mansion and make some more LPs. Thanks.
Well I tested 20 deer, a dog and a cat for 10 minutes and got $2222 and 1 LP. It's probably pretty variable.
HFN at Starter house #22
Current Update
cdriley29
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by cdriley29 »

mudgenie wrote:
mudgenie wrote:
Well I tested 20 deer, a dog and a cat for 10 minutes and got $2222 and 1 LP. It's probably pretty variable.
I know that Microdot has about 70 deer in hers, so in 5 minutes i *could* get about 3LP. thats only if i managed to luck out.

I do know that drops tend to be better in the morning. within 3 hours i easily got about 50K in Simoleans and about 40ish LPs
Game Center: cdriley29
Akmawmaw
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Akmawmaw »

Rain Deerman had a herd of about twenty on the island. He went to the shelter and picked up a couple stray mutts to help with the herding. They mostly just lay around and play with their lobster. He was doing okay but there were some breeding shenanigans going on and before you know, his herd had doubled to about forty. He's doing much better now. They're starting to be more profitable. If he had about ten dogs and ten cats in the mix, he'd probably be able to afford their feed without his side farming business, but, alas, he's allergic to cats and can barely afford the two lazy mutts and the reindeer, much less several more "designer dogs". He's content with his little eclectic, eccentric little world for now and the occasional visitor who drops by and helps him with his herd.