[Tips] For new SFP players

The tips and guides section.
General guides and tips only, quests have their own subsection!
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: [Tips] For new SFP players

Post by Butterfly »

What's a good reason for starting a new SFP game...just curious because I have thought about it?
slk0807
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by slk0807 »

I just started a second game because I'm not having much luck finding neighbors and this way I can create my own "house for neighbors" that has everything in it I need to get SP for my first game. Hoping it works out! I've only been playing my first game for about 9 months and I'm on level 54 in that. Just reached level 8 on my new game, and trying to build up the simoleons.
Level 54
HFN: 22 West Side
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

slk0807 wrote: 27 Feb 2017, 23:47 I just started a second game because I'm not having much luck finding neighbors and this way I can create my own "house for neighbors" that has everything in it I need to get SP for my first game. Hoping it works out! I've only been playing my first game for about 9 months and I'm on level 54 in that. Just reached level 8 on my new game, and trying to build up the simoleons.
I did the same. I'm now in love with both my games and it can run me ragged trying to keep up with events in more than one. Plus dividing my in game purchases between two games.

Another choice I kind of wish I'd made instead is to copy the current game as a second game. Then it will have everything you already worked for for you to visit for social tasks. And you only need to keep up with one game (your original one), copying it over periodically. Also, that way if you make any purchases, you won't have to do it for both games or decide which one gets it. But you have to keep your saves straight.
slynkee
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by slynkee »

Is there basic information somewhere that I'm missing? Such as a list of abbreviations- what does TV stand for in this forum?

What is the max number of Sims you can have? If you adopt does that increase the maximum population, or are you just paying to get them sooner?
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

slynkee wrote: 15 Feb 2018, 01:54 Is there basic information somewhere that I'm missing? Such as a list of abbreviations- what does TV stand for in this forum?

What is the max number of Sims you can have? If you adopt does that increase the maximum population, or are you just paying to get them sooner?
TV stands for Town Value.

The number of sims depends on your level and your VIP level. The max amount of sims at the max level is 34. With VIP 15 the max amount of sims is 39.

When you send real money to adopt a sim you are just paying to get them sooner. For example, if you are at level 31 (which means your next sim is unlocked at level 32) and you adopt a sim your next sim will be unlocked at level 34.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Simsgirl09
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Simsgirl09 »

Hello! I have been wondering.... How do you get houseboats? 😕
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

Simsgirl09 wrote: 03 Feb 2019, 04:08 Hello! I have been wondering.... How do you get houseboats? 😕
If I recall correctly, you have to reach a certain level on the monuments to unlock a houseboat plot. I think each one unlocks a different houseboat plot.

Ruth
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
RubyRed
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by RubyRed »

get lvl 5 in the 4 moments, each one that gets to lvl 5 unlocks a houseboat. You can also click on the house boat spot and I think it will tell you which one needs to get to lvl 5 to open it.