[TUTORIAL] Professions Training/Specialization Training

The tips and guides section.
General guides and tips only, quests have their own subsection!
mockingbird288z

Re: [TUTORIAL] Professions Training

Post by mockingbird288z »

JakeSim wrote:I have noticed one of my two sims working is leveling up faster than the other one, I compared the two sims putting them to the tasks giving more work xp. Is this normal? The slower sim is the one who made the training.
My sims are leveling up mostly the same. One sim will get a few percentages ahead so I make sure the other one gets the van tasks or takes the next sim with the "special requests". It doesn't take long for the behind sim to catch up. The two sims alternate with who is a little ahead so it's not one sim always being ahead. Just by chance, I guess one sim will get the tasks for more XP when I'm not paying attention.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
JakeSim
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by JakeSim »

mockingbird288z wrote:My sims are leveling up mostly the same. One sim will get a few percentages ahead so I make sure the other one gets the van tasks or takes the next sim with the "special requests". It doesn't take long for the behind sim to catch up. The two sims alternate with who is a little ahead so it's not one sim always being ahead. Just by chance, I guess one sim will get the tasks for more XP when I'm not paying attention.
I managed to level both of them up to level 3 now and they're at the exact same level, I will see if they continue synchronized or not. I also made sure all the three areas are at level 6.
pinkribbon
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by pinkribbon »

JakeSim wrote:
mockingbird288z wrote:My sims are leveling up mostly the same. One sim will get a few percentages ahead so I make sure the other one gets the van tasks or takes the next sim with the "special requests". It doesn't take long for the behind sim to catch up. The two sims alternate with who is a little ahead so it's not one sim always being ahead. Just by chance, I guess one sim will get the tasks for more XP when I'm not paying attention.
I managed to level both of them up to level 3 now and they're at the exact same level, I will see if they continue synchronized or not. I also made sure all the three areas are at level 6.
Mine aren't really that even. One just started level 5 and one more than half way through level 4. I'm trying to push the one in particular towards level 6 so I can do something else. I mainly have her on the van and it helps for the most part.
TBD-36
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by TBD-36 »

My sim who did the training is about a day behind the one who did not, so I have been able to stagger building the stuff that comes after reaching level 6 a bit. Since you can't build all the specialized work stations at the same time and it would be tricky to get enough room in your resources storage area to have all the right stuff on hand to build both at once, anyway.
mockingbird288z

My sim who did the training lost all of her progress after the tutorial completed. She was all done with level 1. :( But I got her caught up to the other sim and they are the ones doing the back and forth with being a little ahead. I haven't been able to play much so they are working on level 5 but I've almost got the requirements for the areas available at level 6, just need 40 more donuts. It's annoying to have to keep selling the walky talkies and the flashlights, especially knowing they will still be needed. But, oh well.
pinkribbon
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by pinkribbon »

mockingbird288z wrote:My sim who did the training lost all of her progress after the tutorial completed. She was all done with level 1. :( But I got her caught up to the other sim and they are the ones doing the back and forth with being a little ahead. I haven't been able to play much so they are working on level 5 but I've almost got the requirements for the areas available at level 6, just need 40 more donuts. It's annoying to have to keep selling the walky talkies and the flashlights, especially knowing they will still be needed. But, oh well.
Agreed. I see that the Interview Room needs 800 walkies. I guess if we have to keep selling them we know they'll get them all back sooner rather than later. I've increased the storage to about 2200 but I don't like the constant increase in coins it costs.
mockingbird288z

pinkribbon wrote:
mockingbird288z wrote:My sim who did the training lost all of her progress after the tutorial completed. She was all done with level 1. :( But I got her caught up to the other sim and they are the ones doing the back and forth with being a little ahead. I haven't been able to play much so they are working on level 5 but I've almost got the requirements for the areas available at level 6, just need 40 more donuts. It's annoying to have to keep selling the walky talkies and the flashlights, especially knowing they will still be needed. But, oh well.
Agreed. I see that the Interview Room needs 800 walkies. I guess if we have to keep selling them we know they'll get them all back sooner rather than later. I've increased the storage to about 2200 but I don't like the constant increase in coins it costs.
Yeah, it's going to keep getting more and more expensive to increase the storage. The max storage amount is 5000 and the upgrade from 4900 to 5000 alone will cost §138,600. :shock: Just testing it from where I am aright now at 2400 available storage took me 8,310LP to get it to 5000. I've reset my game, of course, because nothing is worth that much LP!
TBD-36
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by TBD-36 »

Definitely not worth the LPs. However, as far as I can tell the police coins are only useful for expanding your storage or buying specific police resources (at a huge markup compared to what you can sell them for), so I don't mind using them to expand my storage.

I hate the interface for selling the resources. It is so clunky. But I'm sending a huge THANK YOU to whoever mentioned that we could sell them by clicking on them, because I might not have noticed otherwise.
pinkribbon
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by pinkribbon »

mockingbird288z wrote:
pinkribbon wrote:
Yeah, it's going to keep getting more and more expensive to increase the storage. The max storage amount is 5000 and the upgrade from 4900 to 5000 alone will cost §138,600. :shock: Just testing it from where I am aright now at 2400 available storage took me 8,310LP to get it to 5000. I've reset my game, of course, because nothing is worth that much LP!
How did you figure the LP? I don't have an option for that.
TBD-36
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by TBD-36 »

I think LP is only available as an option when you don't have sufficient police coins to purchase the next level of storage.