[TUTORIAL] Professions Training/Specialization Training

The tips and guides section.
General guides and tips only, quests have their own subsection!
pinkribbon
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: [TUTORIAL] Professions Training

Post by pinkribbon »

Savage_Xeno wrote:I'm having a little problem of my own, the Sim I used for the tutorial isn't gaining any kind of work exp. I had him quit and then reapply for the job to see if that would fix it but the bar still isn't moving. Do shorter tasks only move like in minuscule increments? I've had another Sim doing a few of the longer tasks (like the 2 minute motivations and and the video thing in the police van) and he's nearly to level two.
It's very slow. It's probably moving. I'm just on level 3 now.
TBD-36
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by TBD-36 »

It does not have to be the same police sim performing all 2 or 3 tasks for the multi-part requests, if you have two sims at work at the same time. With the police sim you want to level-up more quickly in their career, you can have them do the surveillance van and workout room tasks on multi-part requests (especially the high-paying mystery question mark ones), while the other one closes people's requests out (at the front desk, for example).
TBD-36
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by TBD-36 »

Oscar wrote:What's the maximum level for the rookie stuff? Anyone got that far yet?
And will we have to level up the things we unlock with level 7 as well?
Oh, you can only build your rookie equipment to upgrade-level 6, then you have to wait to reach job level 6 before unlocking the next equipment, which I'm sure will need upgrades.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

I'm not clear on how police job levels up. Is it from completing shifts like a normal job or from completing tasks at the station?
Simannity
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Simannity »

In one of my games (game A), I sent two sims to work at the same time. I had them help all the clients, one doing the longer tasks and the other the shorter tasks.
I noticed that all "clients" counted towards the quota of BOTH sims. Weird, right? Also I noticed no difference in job progress between the two sims.
In my other game (game B), I sent two sims at different times. In game B, the progress in their job level was significantly larger than in game A.
I suppose that this is because in game B, both sims helped 25 clients (making a total of 50), and in game A the two sims together helped 25 sims.
Conclusion: to maximise both progress in job level and resources gained, it is better to send your sims to work one at a time.
Simannity
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Simannity »

SKatF wrote:I'm not clear on how police job levels up. Is it from completing shifts like a normal job or from completing tasks at the station?
I think they level up anyway, but more so if they do the tasks.
pinkribbon
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by pinkribbon »

TBD-36 wrote:
Oscar wrote:What's the maximum level for the rookie stuff? Anyone got that far yet?
And will we have to level up the things we unlock with level 7 as well?
Oh, you can only build your rookie equipment to upgrade-level 6, then you have to wait to reach job level 6 before unlocking the next equipment, which I'm sure will need upgrades.
You can use LP to upgrade past level 6 if you really want. I don't think it's necessary though. I did one to level 7 that way but it didn't really make any difference.
TBD-36
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by TBD-36 »

Yes, just came here to post. It looks like it works similar to the monuments, where you can keep upgrading (upgrades claim to return a few % more XP or coins) for walkie talkies, flashlights, and things like fingerprints it handcuffs that aren't unlocked before profession level 6 (or buy using LPs).
Lilly
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Lilly »

What is the point of upgrading the workstations? I realize that upgrading them rewards you with extra XP, shortened task tasks, etc...But, will it be necessary to have workstations at a specific level in order to unlock other workstations?

Also, does anyone know if the police coins will be needed in order to build or upgrade any of the other areas/workstations? Or are the police coins simply given as a means to trade for resources?

I'm wondering if trading them is ok, or if I should be saving them because they'll be needed for upgrading/building like the constructor coins.
Lilly
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Lilly »

Lilly wrote:What is the point of upgrading the workstations? I realize that upgrading them rewards you with extra XP, shortened task tasks, etc...But, will it be necessary to have workstations at a specific level in order to unlock other workstations?

Also, does anyone know if the police coins will be needed in order to build or upgrade any of the other areas/workstations? Or are the police coins simply given as a means to trade for resources?

I'm wondering if trading them is ok, or if I should be saving them because they'll be needed for upgrading/building like the constructor coins.
Never mind...I found the information I wanted already. :D