[TUTORIAL] Professions Training/Specialization Training

The tips and guides section.
General guides and tips only, quests have their own subsection!
ErinPW

Re: [TUTORIAL] Professions Training/Specialization Training

Post by ErinPW »

valtys wrote:So I have a weird issue that has been going on for two days. I cannot upgrade anything on the movie set despite having all the things I need. It all asks for VIP 7 which suggests I have something already being upgraded. Yet, I have checked a million times and nothing else is being upgraded. Is this a bug?
This happened to me as well. It helped to reset the game and download the saved data.
I didn't try the troubleshooting advices of the Firemonkeys but possibly they'd help, too. If both doesn't help, it's probably needed to ask them for help.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
valtys
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by valtys »

ErinPW wrote:
valtys wrote:So I have a weird issue that has been going on for two days. I cannot upgrade anything on the movie set despite having all the things I need. It all asks for VIP 7 which suggests I have something already being upgraded. Yet, I have checked a million times and nothing else is being upgraded. Is this a bug?
This happened to me as well. It helped to reset the game and download the saved data.
I didn't try the troubleshooting advices of the Firemonkeys but possibly they'd help, too. If both doesn't help, it's probably needed to ask them for help.
Just tried the reset and it worked, thanks!
Gamecenter: oneleaftea
HFN's: 1 East Oceanside by Lighthouse: Has everything. Includes firepole!
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

valtys wrote:[...]

Just tried the reset and it worked, thanks!
You're very welcome :) I'm glad, it worked!
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
Uri888
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Uri888 »

I've had the same problem a couple of times and for me just closing and reopening the game fixed it.
Simannity
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Simannity »

Is it just me, or are there fewer appearances of "important sims" lately? Makes it difficult to get certain badges :(
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Certainly fewer when you have that goal.
Debbilu_7
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Debbilu_7 »

The thought that new professions (and existing ones) will most likely follow this format is a bit depressing... :(
The help and tips from this forum have made it progress a lot faster but, compared to a quest that requires tedious grinding, this is going to go on indefinitely!
At first, this "game within a game" was a nice diversion but, if it were a new game, I think I would have deleted it by now. :oops:
**Sorry for being such a Negative Nellie**
Updated town info in profile
penlopej
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by penlopej »

Debbilu_7 wrote:The thought that new professions (and existing ones) will most likely follow this format is a bit depressing... :(
The help and tips from this forum have made it progress a lot faster but, compared to a quest that requires tedious grinding, this is going to go on indefinitely!
At first, this "game within a game" was a nice diversion but, if it were a new game, I think I would have deleted it by now. :oops:
**Sorry for being such a Negative Nellie**
You're not a negative Nellie, or if you are then so am I. I think the professions are a bit of a cop out for FM. We get to grind indefinitely without any real gain. I don't count locations that I will never visit again. I don't send my sims to work usually as I always used them to get simoleans and to level up by planting, when I first started, and by doing hobbies like cooking and diving. I've always been a bit obsessed with getting LP's as I had to pay to buy some when I first began so that I could complete a task that would let me progress in the game. As you say, the only consolation is that we have this forum which helps so much.
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

The max storage for the movie studio is 2600. I hope the storage for any other profession is better than the one for the movie studio. It's so expensive and only increases 50 every time. Ridiculous.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Ravenna
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Re: [TUTORIAL] Professions Training

Post by Ravenna »

calleighwolfe wrote:Still in Level 5 :lol:. I went back to work this week so now I don't have time to acompany my sims to work haha.

I have one question. I'm in level 5 of Rookie. Once I'm in level 6 of Rookie I unlock the two specialties, right? Will my sims start working at level 1 of those jobs or at level 6?

I'm in level 7 :D