[TUTORIAL] Professions Training/Specialization Training

The tips and guides section.
General guides and tips only, quests have their own subsection!
monelley
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: [TUTORIAL] Professions Training/Specialization Training

Post by monelley »

calleighwolfe wrote:I'll answer myself hahaha

I just cancelled the sim's shift, sent him home and a couple of the guests went home by themselves eventually :S. Then I just worked with the other two :)
It would be nice if you could decline to help a sim instead of having to cancel a shift and hope the sims you can't help go home.
xjuelx
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by xjuelx »

How do you get the golden shield resources that are needed to build the chief's office and Division 51? I assumed we would get them from the visitors like all the other resources, but both of my sims have been at level nine of their specialties for about a week now and I still haven't seen one yet. Are they just extremely rare, or can we only get them by trading for police tape and recorders? Even though both locations became available to build at level nine, it looks like my sims will probably reach level ten before I'll even come close to having all the resources needed to actually build either of them.
TBD-36
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by TBD-36 »

They are not given out as far as I have seen. You have to build them by trading in 10 police tape and 10 recorders per shield.
xjuelx
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by xjuelx »

Thank you for replying. :) I should have known it wasn't going to be that easy.
Nay078
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Nay078 »

my agent hasn't earnt her fourth badge in over a week, level 8, the task is to collect 6 recording devices but I have only collect a maximum of 4 in as shift ( double shifts every day) and some shift I can't collect any? It getting frustrating, is anyone else experiencing this?
Nay078
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Nay078 »

are the golden shields you refer to xjulex the police badges? If so, click on the career tab and where it profiles your sims career you will see how many badges (golden shields) you have earnt or empty shields if you haven't earnt any. Under these badges is a task that your sims needs to complete by the end of their shift. If they complete it you earn a badge, but if you fall short it begins again on the following shift and previous items collected gone :-/
randy_thrandy
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by randy_thrandy »

Nay078 wrote: Under these badges is a task that your sims needs to complete by the end of their shift. If they complete it you earn a badge, but if you fall short it begins again on the following shift and previous items collected gone :-/
This is a miserable way to design a game. :C The first time i collected nearly 2/3 of the requirements when my shift ended and the next day i was so upset to see all the progress gone. :P
party king 5eva ~(⌐■u■)~
Nay078
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Nay078 »

I know, I feel your disappointment. The 1st time I spent the 20 Lp I was under the assumption that surely my resources would carry over to the next shift, nope, gone, it is lousy of the game makers, agreed!
TBD-36
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by TBD-36 »

Sometimes the "important sims" with the special requests (pink question marks) will give out a few of the resource you need, but it all seems very random.
TBD-36
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: [TUTORIAL] Professions Training

Post by TBD-36 »

mockingbird288z wrote:Here are the requirements to build the different areas and what is needed for each upgrade.
If you have a chance to put together a list like this, I would love to see it. The one above really helped me with strategically planning my police occupation game play. I am going to try to sit back and relax a bit about the Movie professions. At least now I know that there probably aren't any big tricks waiting for you when you upgrade the last workstation to Level 20.