Life orbs & personalities, hobbies and actions

The tips and guides section.
General guides and tips only, quests have their own subsection!
ErinPW

Re: Life orbs & personalities, hobbies and actions

Post by ErinPW »

playsims wrote:So in short, it is worthwhile to give personalities to the Sims so as to get extra interaction? I already have the different orbs & used a few of the platinum ones to pause favorite adult Sims' aging. They are mostly without personalities....yet.
Those special tasks give more XPs than others. If you don't need the XPs, you still might have fun with them. You can try it, and take the personalities away, if you don't like to play with them :)
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
playsims
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by playsims »

Although I have already gotten the 16 kinds of orbs, I am still confused about them. Are the orbs given for pausing age separate from the ones for achieving life dreams if they are given personalities later?
1) I have given adult sims without personalities platinum orbs (I presume the orb should be geeky as it was the first platinum I have earned) to pause aging at the beginning. Later when I started to set up personalities, I have given them platinum orbs according to personalities assigned. So that means they have 2 kinds of orbs with them? The 1st platinum for pausing aging & the 2nd one on the chosen personality?
2) For teenage sim that has not yet completed its life dream at that stage, I have given it a plantinum orb when setting up personality in the life dream menu, I notice that aging is not paused. That means another platinum orb for pausing aging?
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

playsims wrote:Are the orbs given for pausing age separate from the ones for achieving life dreams if they are given personalities later?
Yes, if you use an orb to pause a sim's aging that orbs is used up. If you want a paused sim to later have a personality and work on an orb or to just have an orb for the extra XP you would need to give them another orb.
playsims wrote:1) I have given adult sims without personalities platinum orbs (I presume the orb should be geeky as it was the first platinum I have earned) to pause aging at the beginning. Later when I started to set up personalities, I have given them platinum orbs according to personalities assigned. So that means they have 2 kinds of orbs with them? The 1st platinum for pausing aging & the 2nd one on the chosen personality?
Basically yes except that the 1st platinum orb is essentially a payment for the paused age. Once you use it to pause a sim's age you can't get it back. When you give a sim an orb for their personality/XP you can get that orb back whenever you want to. Except for seniors with platinum orbs - they have to pass on to get the personality orb back.
playsims wrote:2) For teenage sim that has not yet completed its life dream at that stage, I have given it a plantinum orb when setting up personality in the life dream menu, I notice that aging is not paused. That means another platinum orb for pausing aging?
Yes
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
playsims
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by playsims »

Mockingbird, Thanks so much for the explanations.

So if I unpaused a sim's aging, then later on wanted to pause back its aging, that would be another platinum orb used? Actually 1st orb was for the 1st time pausing, then another orb for repausing. A total of 2 used up for flipflopping :lol: :lol: ( Sorry if i sound confusing)

In the case of the teenage sim or younger, would it have been better to have started them at "No Orb" stage when setting up their personality? At least I get to pause them at any stage should I wish to keep them around.
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

playsims wrote:Mockingbird, Thanks so much for the explanations.

So if I unpaused a sim's aging, then later on wanted to pause back its aging, that would be another platinum orb used? Actually 1st orb was for the 1st time pausing, then another orb for repausing. A total of 2 used up for flipflopping :lol: :lol: ( Sorry if i sound confusing)
You're welcome! You're not confusing! Yes, you would need another orb to repause a previously paused (but not unpaused) sim. 2 orbs for flipflopping! :)
playsims wrote:In the case of the teenage sim or younger, would it have been better to have started them at "No Orb" stage when setting up their personality? At least I get to pause them at any stage should I wish to keep them around.
It all depends on what you wanted to do with the sims. And just giving a sim an orb is not permanent like using the orb to pause a sim so you can change your mind at any time.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update