[Cooking] how to make lots of lp, simoleans with ease

The tips and guides section.
General guides and tips only, quests have their own subsection!
Nicklm2016
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Re: [Cooking] how to make lots of lp, simoleans with ease

Post by Nicklm2016 »

Lishws720 wrote:
Nicklm2016 wrote:Had a read of this thread and it sounds great. However, as I do this I'm getting tonnes of XP but very little in the way of Simoleons and LP's.

I've got a a room full of sims continually making Cheese & Tomato on toast.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks
You need to have one sim complete all the ranks. Put one to the stove and one for cleanup until that one sim has completed the grid and ranked up to level 6 (you may have to fill the grid twice, because the first time you get the cutting boards as a reward for completing the grid, not LP.)

Once you have unlocked the entire grid, you can have 10 sims working together to fill in the grid, and they don't have to be level 6. In fact, once they reach level 6 (and each get an LP for reaching that rank), you can have them do another hobby briefly, then bring them back to cooking. Not only will you get 5 LP for completing each grid, but once they reach level 6 again, they each get an LP (10 LP at once if you have ten sims working on the same lot!).
That makes sense now! Thanks so much! :D
Lishws720
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Lishws720 »

Glad to help!
AliciaWS720 on Game Center: §418 mil town value, VIP 10, level 55. Started as a new game during the DIY update. Special thanks to all of you very creative people on this forum for inspiration in designing houses!

My game is fully updated on iOS.
a_strange_occurrence
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by a_strange_occurrence »

If you put all of your Sims on cooking, that means they lose whatever skill levels earned in other hobbies, is that right? I'm eager to try out this method but I've invested time into developing individual hobbies for each sim so I'd hate to have to give it all up.

Maybe this strategy is better suited for higher level players who have enough idle Sims to employ in cooking tasks and have reached the top levels for their respective hobbies.
mockingbird288z wrote:
Summerdream314 wrote:Hi, thanks all for the great advice. I have a question, which hobbies are you giving up to have all of these cooks? I have one sim just hanging out in each hobby at the max. Should I not be doing it this way. I am at lv33 but am just at the adult quest.
Thanks
Each player is different, some people like to have one sim at max on every hobby and others don't. I am one of the latter. Once I get a sim maxed out on a hobby and/or complete the gird to unlock everything I switch them to a new hobby. There isn't a necessity to have a sim on max at every level, it's just a preference thing.

The only time it would help to have a sim at max level is if they add more levels to the hobby but it's been almost 2 years since they last did that.

Nevermind - I see my question has already been answered in this thread. If you're jsut starting out and haven't unlocked the grid for a particular hobby, is there any purpose in having two Sims simultaneously pursuing the same hobby? It doesn't help speed up the process of unlocking the grid, right?

Once a grid has been unlocked and you've collected all the collectibles, what will your rewards after that point as you restart your sim on the same hobby?
pinkribbon
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by pinkribbon »

a_strange_occurrence wrote:
Nevermind - I see my question has already been answered in this thread. If you're jsut starting out and haven't unlocked the grid for a particular hobby, is there any purpose in having two Sims simultaneously pursuing the same hobby? It doesn't help speed up the process of unlocking the grid, right?

Once a grid has been unlocked and you've collected all the collectibles, what will your rewards after that point as you restart your sim on the same hobby?
In regards to having 2 sims on a hobby - they could possibly unlock the hobby faster together (if they each get different things in one line then you have 2/3 instead of 1/3). Which is why we have multiple sims cooking or ghost hunting, etc because they can unlock x amount of things filling the grid faster. It's harder when the rest of the grid isn't available yet, obviously.

Depends on the hobby - some hobbies have a few rewards first but then it's usually 3, 5 or 6 (toddler house) lps when you finish. That's why ghost hunting & cooking are the best. They're short options & give you 5lps!
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

When I am trying to unlock all levels of a new hobby, I have a few sims do it until level one grid is filled. Then I just have one sim do it until level two is unlocked as all the awards will be duplicates until next level is unlocked. The other sims do productive things like work or plant.

Once the sim I've chosen to be primary hobbiest for that hobby has unlocked the next level, I have the supplemental sims join in again until that grid is filled. And repeat until hobby is totally filled.

I am a hobby switcher. Once a sim gets to the top level, I switch her to another hobby as I think I get more LP from reaching hobby level 6 than from filling grids.
a_strange_occurrence
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by a_strange_occurrence »

pinkribbon wrote:
In regards to having 2 sims on a hobby - they could possibly unlock the hobby faster together (if they each get different things in one line then you have 2/3 instead of 1/3). Which is why we have multiple sims cooking or ghost hunting, etc because they can unlock x amount of things filling the grid faster. It's harder when the rest of the grid isn't available yet, obviously.

Depends on the hobby - some hobbies have a few rewards first but then it's usually 3, 5 or 6 (toddler house) lps when you finish. That's why ghost hunting & cooking are the best. They're short options & give you 5lps!
SKatF wrote:When I am trying to unlock all levels of a new hobby, I have a few sims do it until level one grid is filled. Then I just have one sim do it until level two is unlocked as all the awards will be duplicates until next level is unlocked. The other sims do productive things like work or plant.

Once the sim I've chosen to be primary hobbiest for that hobby has unlocked the next level, I have the supplemental sims join in again until that grid is filled. And repeat until hobby is totally filled.

I am a hobby switcher. Once a sim gets to the top level, I switch her to another hobby as I think I get more LP from reaching hobby level 6 than from filling grids.
These are such great ideas, thank you PinkRibbon & SKatF. The key point here as I understand it (please correct me if I am wrong) is that when I'm starting out on a hobby - so long as one Sim is at a higher level than the rest then it wouldn't matter if other sims aren't at that level yet. So in other words, can lower level sims come together to help the highest level Sim to fill up the newly locked level?

Also, I am still a bit confused about the difference between Levels and Grids. Once I have one sim, as in the designated primary hobbiest, at the max skill level, do I need to keep her in the hobby to ensure I continue to reap the rewards of the unlocked grid?

Trying to keep track of which sim and which hobby is in progress makes it more complicated when deciding where to allocate a sim for unlocking a new hobby. I guess the way I am doing it isn't the most effective. Am I better off systematically targeting one hobby at a time employing multiple sims? I think once I clarify the other two questions I will understand how to proceed correctly.
pinkribbon
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by pinkribbon »

Once you unlock a level it's unlocked. I'll use cooking as the example. Say you have a sim that is level 6 and has unlocked everything on the grid. If you start a new sim on the hobby they can unlock any part of that grid - so, even though the rolling pin is "level 5" they can unlock it. It just first needs to be unlocked in the game. The sim that you maxed out on level 6 can move on to another hobby. You don't need to have a sim on a hobby for it to remain open, once it's open it's open!
coricutecore
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by coricutecore »

After reading through this thread I see three options to clean up plates:
1. Cancel out the action after you tell a sim to clean
2. Buy a couple of sinks and let them wash the dishes (or get footprints) as you go
3. Fill the lot and demolish.
I have tried 1 and 2, but haven't tried filling the lot yet. How long does it take to fill the lot? What will happen once it's full? Will sims refuse to cook without space to put the plates? It would be nice to have some expectations before I fill up my whole lot with plates! :lol:
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

coricutecore wrote: I have tried 1 and 2, but haven't tried filling the lot yet. How long does it take to fill the lot? What will happen once it's full? Will sims refuse to cook without space to put the plates? It would be nice to have some expectations before I fill up my whole lot with plates! :lol:
When your sims run out of space to place the dishes on tables and counters they start placing them on the floor and when they've run out of empty spaces on the floor (within their general vicinity) they start to place them on top of other plates. You can have any number of plates stacked on top of each other but eventually the lot will start to lag. I demolish the lot once the lag becomes noticeable/unbearable.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
annarose
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by annarose »

I'm interested to know what experienced simmers consider to be a good number of LP's and SP's to have on hand. I have about 1,000 LP's at the moment, but know that I can go through a lot if I'm trying to finish quests and time limited events. I also used up most of my SP's to unlock the extra slots in the Market Events. It's going to be a lot of work to build those up again ...