Tips about weekly tasks

The tips and guides section.
General guides and tips only, quests have their own subsection!
ErinPW

Re: Tips about goals

Post by ErinPW »

HordePrime wrote:
hiser1974 wrote:Thanks for the tips regarding the bbq and goals.
I had the grill'em all goal. It was done on a free bbq and my sims went to sit at a picnic table to eat.
After 6:30H to goal seemed stuck on 0s remaining.
Then I remembered this thread, reread it and let it go for another 90m, so 8H in total. Then the goal did complete 8-)
I've had a similar thing happen after a Preteen eats Microwavable Popcorn.
It works fine with the cheaper microwaves, but with the 3-star one, it seems to take a couple of minutes longer than it says it does to actually finish the goal. - It stays on zero for a while like the BBQ one did. Weird.
If you tap the 3-star microwave, Popcorn should take 9 minutes.
The child Sites down on a 3-star chair, then tap the child, the info box shows a bit less than 9 minutes. It takes a few seconds at the microwave itself, so the time is ok.

If there is a 2-star chair
2-star chair
2-star chair
If there is no chair
No chair is like 1-star
No chair is like 1-star
Yes, it's weird. And annoying, because the players don't know what's wrong :( Who would guess, that the time for this task is related to the chair instead of the microwave or grill?
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

Palmjill wrote:Just finished the goal plant garlic between 8pm and 6am. Unlike before the goal does NOT complete on starting between those 2 times. Rather you need to finish planting between those 2 times. I actually started planting just after 12 noon and completed the goal just after 8 pm.
Yesterday I had a strange experience with this goal .... I sent Emma to plant garlic at 6.01pm with the option to finish with an LP. The goal completed immediately :o

If any player gets this goal, s/he should give it a try, if s/he can. But, to be on the save side, send 1 sim at after 12 noon, too :)
iOS 17.4.1

Palmjill
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Palmjill »

ErinPW wrote:
Palmjill wrote:Just finished the goal plant garlic between 8pm and 6am. Unlike before the goal does NOT complete on starting between those 2 times. Rather you need to finish planting between those 2 times. I actually started planting just after 12 noon and completed the goal just after 8 pm.
Yesterday I had a strange experience with this goal .... I sent Emma to plant garlic at 6.01pm with the option to finish with an LP. The goal completed immediately :o

If any player gets this goal, s/he should give it a try, if s/he can. But, to be on the save side, send 1 sim at after 12 noon, too :)
Was it 6.01 pm or 8.01pm? Anyway looks like they might have changed it! Will definitely try it out.
Not updated and Not playing! (please excuse zombies)
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

It was 6.01 pm. I had to look several times, because I couldn't believe it :lol:
iOS 17.4.1

Palmjill
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Palmjill »

ErinPW wrote:It was 6.01 pm. I had to look several times, because I couldn't believe it :lol:
Thanks, Erin. Very strange indeed. Will try a random time next time the goal pops up :lol:
calleighwolfe
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by calleighwolfe »

I wish I had read this this morning :lol: , this is my next goal, it's 5:20 pm and I was just waiting for it to be 8:00pm or so xD.

Oh well, I'll start right now xD. It's gonna finish during night anyways xD.

ETA: Oh wait! But I won't be up before 6am so it won't complete right? :( *sighs* I have to wait until tomorrow :(
I'm on Facebook! Just ask ;)
It might take me a while to answer, but I will :)
Level 55. TV: 124,171,224
HFN: Starter House
Haunted House: 1 EastSide
Tutti Frutti Update
Signature updated on March 17th, 2022
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

calleighwolfe wrote:
I wish I had read this this morning :lol: , this is my next goal, it's 5:20 pm and I was just waiting for it to be 8:00pm or so xD.

ETA: Oh wait! But I won't be up before 6am so it won't complete right? :( *sighs* I have to wait until tomorrow :(
Can you give it a try a little bit past 6 pm? If you read a few posts above yours, in my game this goal completed immediately at that time, when it showed up a few days ago. It's weird, but worth a try, I think :)
iOS 17.4.1

calleighwolfe
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by calleighwolfe »

ErinPW wrote:
calleighwolfe wrote:

Can you give it a try a little bit past 6 pm? If you read a few posts above yours, in my game this goal completed immediately at that time, when it showed up a few days ago. It's weird, but worth a try, I think :)
I totally did it and it worked! :D. It completed at 18:38, right when I started it :D. Thanks!!!
I'm on Facebook! Just ask ;)
It might take me a while to answer, but I will :)
Level 55. TV: 124,171,224
HFN: Starter House
Haunted House: 1 EastSide
Tutti Frutti Update
Signature updated on March 17th, 2022
Palmjill
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Palmjill »

ErinPW wrote: Can you give it a try a little bit past 6 pm? If you read a few posts above yours, in my game this goal completed immediately at that time, when it showed up a few days ago. It's weird, but worth a try, I think :)
I actually tried it at a random time (can't remember when but before 6 pm) and it did not work. So the magic time seems to be after 6pm ;)
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

calleighwolfe wrote:
ErinPW wrote:
I totally did it and it worked! :D. It completed at 18:38, right when I started it :D. Thanks!!!
You're very welcome! Happy, it worked :)

Palmjill wrote:
ErinPW wrote: Can you give it a try a little bit past 6 pm? If you read a few posts above yours, in my game this goal completed immediately at that time, when it showed up a few days ago. It's weird, but worth a try, I think :)
I actually tried it at a random time (can't remember when but before 6 pm) and it did not work. So the magic time seems to be after 6pm ;)
Obviously the time "between 8pm and 6am" is not mentioned correct. I guess, it should be "between 6pm and 8am" or "between 6pm and 6am"
There are several goals in my (german) game where the times are mixed up. I never thought this could have happen in english games, too :o
iOS 17.4.1