12 Days of Winterfest Event

This section is for The Sims Mobile Events
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: 12 Days of Winterfest Event

Post by SKatF »

Latte and Skate is a 6 hour cooldown before you can do it again.
Search for Regiftable Gift is 9 hours.
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

SKatF wrote: 14 Dec 2018, 00:30 Some of the prizes come with more than one color. Example my elf tights came with 8 of 8.
I think all of the main prizes will come with more than one color (the prizes you can chose which ones you want and the ones that come from just collecting candy canes). But the loot box prizes don't. Wonder if that's how it will be for all loot box events from now on. :(
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
mockingbird288z

SKatF wrote: 14 Dec 2018, 01:12 Latte and Skate is a 6 hour cooldown before you can do it again.
Search for Regiftable Gift is 9 hours.
Winterfest Holiday Party, Last Minute Shopping, and Winter Waterfront Mystery all also have a 6 hour cooldown. If you use 1 cupcake for them (Latte & Skate as well) you also get 90 bonus candy canes. And spending 2 cupcakes in the beginning cut the time down to about an 1.
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by simmare »

I'm doing Winter Waterfront Mystery and there's an ornament-generating machine where you can make ornaments. They go into your Career Order Items list. Tapping on one says "decorate the tree!" Um... What tree? What can we do with them?
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side
Level 60 achieved! 2/14/24

No Facebook, only GameCenter: MareZX1
mockingbird288z

simmare wrote: 14 Dec 2018, 02:19 I'm doing Winter Waterfront Mystery and there's an ornament-generating machine where you can make ornaments. They go into your Career Order Items list. Tapping on one says "decorate the tree!" Um... What tree? What can we do with them?
The tree in the downtown area. One of the actions for the event in downtown (Winterfest Holiday Party, I think?) is to decorate the tree. It takes 100 ornaments. You keep the ornaments when you finish an event instead of them disappearing, though. So you don't need to try and get 100 ornaments in one event. You can also get ornaments in the Winterfest Holiday Party event and the Last Minute Shopping event. I couldn't find anything that gave ornaments in the Latte & Skate event.
valerian
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by valerian »

Any advice on how to earn candy canes? To get 800 candy canes ... that is waaaaay too much even with doing llama & the events I get when I click on the sofa (cause they have cool down times). :( Anything I am missing?
lvl 54
HFN: #4 West Oceanside
HH: #1 West Oceanside
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

valerian wrote: 14 Dec 2018, 19:28 Any advice on how to earn candy canes? To get 800 candy canes ... that is waaaaay too much even with doing llama & the events I get when I click on the sofa (cause they have cool down times). :( Anything I am missing?
These helped me:
1. Try to save emptying your candy cane generating present pile until you get "earn candy cane" task if it's coming soon. If task is not coming soon, of course, empty it so it keeps filling.
2. If possible, use 1 cupcake for each Winterfest event to earn the 90 extra candy canes when on the "earn candy cane" task.
valerian
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by valerian »

SKatF wrote: 14 Dec 2018, 20:20 These helped me:
1. Try to save emptying your candy cane generating present pile until you get "earn candy cane" task if it's coming soon. If task is not coming soon, of course, empty it so it keeps filling.
2. If possible, use 1 cupcake for each Winterfest event to earn the 90 extra candy canes when on the "earn candy cane" task.
thank you for the advice :) :) I have only 5 cupcakes (I don't get them very often when I watch adverts) so not sure how often I can do that. :cry:
regarding the present pile - ah yes, I almost forgot about that, but do you think it is better to empty if often or let it fill all the way up? I mean does it fill a) quicker when emptied when it's not filled all the way, b) or slower? Not sure if the question makes sense with my english, but I give an example - the presents are empty and a) first candy cane fills in in a minute (I don't know the real times, just an exmple) and the second is filled in in a minute and a half and so on... or b) first fills in 10min, second in 9,5min, and so on. Or if it's equal times. :shock: (I was wondering this already during the autumn event, but that didn't have such crazy requirements so I wasn't bothered as much about it)
lvl 54
HFN: #4 West Oceanside
HH: #1 West Oceanside
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

valerian wrote: 14 Dec 2018, 20:38
SKatF wrote: 14 Dec 2018, 20:20 These helped me:
thank you for the advice :) :) I have only 5 cupcakes (I don't get them very often when I watch adverts) so not sure how often I can do that. :cry:
regarding the present pile - ah yes, I almost forgot about that, but do you think it is better to empty if often or let it fill all the way up? I mean does it fill a) quicker when emptied when it's not filled all the way, b) or slower? Not sure if the question makes sense with my english, but I give an example - the presents are empty and a) first candy cane fills in in a minute (I don't know the real times, just an exmple) and the second is filled in in a minute and a half and so on... or b) first fills in 10min, second in 9,5min, and so on. Or if it's equal times. :shock: (I was wondering this already during the autumn event, but that didn't have such crazy requirements so I wasn't bothered as much about it)
I think it's a pretty steady pace but have never watched closely over a longer period of time.
playsims
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by playsims »

Am I missing something? Missing hens in garbage cans? What garbage cans? Unlike Freeplay, the garbage can is in front near the mailbox. There's no garbage can there in Sims Mobile!