This section is for The Sims Mobile Events
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Back to School event

Post by SKatF »

Until someone posts a better list ...
1. Complete any relationship event
2. Ask 5 friends/acquaintances about local universities. (Can't be strangers)
3. Ask 5 friends "are you a teacher?"
4. Investigate home study courses
5. Homeschool event - 12 hours
6. Spend 250 apples
7. Search plants 5 times. Could use indoor and outdoor plants. A few didn't offer task, most did. Plant resets task in 5 minutes for folks that don't have many
8. Study in Cafe event. 11 hours 25 minutes.
9. Ask around for study buddy 5X
10. Spend 250 apples on lunchbag
11. Ask about educational conspiracy
12. Marine Biology fieldtrip. 11 hours 25 minutes
13. Ask about alien abductions 5X
14. Complete a Llama Zoom task set
15. Spend 250 Apples on a Lunch Bag.
16. Slack off from studying 1X
17. Complete Homeschool Event – 12 hours
18. Ask around about UFOs – 6X
19. Complete a Llama Zoom task set
20. Spend 250 Apples on a Lunch Bag.
21. Debate about existence of aliens – 4X
22. Study at the Cafe Event – 12 hours
23. Complete a Llama Zoom task set
24. Spend 250 Apples on a Lunch Bag
25. Marine Biology Field Trip Event – 12 hours
26. Complete a llama zoom task set
27. Ask about Landgraab Inc. Learning Annex – 5X
28. Spend 250 Apples on a Lunch Bag.
29. Complete Homeschool Event – 12 hours
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: Back to School event

Post by SKatF »

SKatF wrote: 20 Sep 2018, 17:51 Until someone posts a better list ...
2. Ask 5 friends/acquaintences about local universities. (Can't be strangers)
Homescool event takes 14 hours to reset.
6. Spend 250 apples
7. Search plants 5 times. Could use indoor and outdoor plants. A few didn't offer task, most did. Plant resets task in 5 minutes for folks that don't have many.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

SKatF wrote: 20 Sep 2018, 18:47
SKatF wrote: 20 Sep 2018, 17:51 Until someone posts a better list ...
2. Ask 5 friends/acquaintences about local universities. (Can't be strangers)
Homescool event takes 14 hours to reset.
6. Spend 250 apples
7. Search plants 5 times. Could use indoor and outdoor plants. A few didn't offer task, most did. Plant resets task in 5 minutes for folks that don't have many.
Study at Cafe is also 14 hour reset.
NOTE: forgot to mention that all short tasks take seconds to complete. Cost is 3 energy each action. So #2, for example, is 3 energy x 5 times = 15 energy to complete. Can use more than one of your sims.

9. Ask around for study buddy 5X
10. Spend 250 apples on lunchbag
11. Ask about educational conspiracy
12. Marine Biology fieldtrip. 11 hours 25 minutes.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

OK Just saw typo in subject. Maybe moderator can correct?

Looked up quest online. Sims Cimmunity on Sims Mobile site and viewed a video on YouTube by an EA GameChanger. These are official so hope it's ok to post that they said the remaining tasks are
Part 13: Ask about alien abductions 5X
Part 14: Complete a Llama Zoom task set
Part 15: Spend 250 Apples on a Lunch Bag.
Part 16: Slack off from studying 1X
Part 17: Complete Homeschool Event – 12 hours
Part 18: Ask around about UFOs – 6X
Part 19: Complete a Llama Zoom task set
Part 20: Spend 250 Apples on a Lunch Bag.
Part 21: Debate about existence of aliens – 4X
Part 22: Study at the Cafe Event – 12 hours
Part 23: Complete a Llama Zoom task set
Part 24: Spend 250 Apples on a Lunch Bag
Part 25: Marine Biology Field Trip Event – 12 hours
Part 26: Complete a llama zoom task set
Part 27: Ask about Landgraab Inc. Learning Annex – 5X
Part 28: Spend 250 Apples on a Lunch Bag.
Part 29: Complete Homeschool Event – 12 hours
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

Thanks SKat!

I've added all the tasks to your opening post. :)
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
mockingbird288z

I haven't been getting the 25 apples for events as often as I did for past events. I know it's random but I feel like the chance of getting them has decreased. Maybe they are trying to get people to do the LlamaZoom cause we get 250 apples for that. What have you guys experienced?
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

mockingbird288z wrote: 22 Sep 2018, 19:26 I haven't been getting the 25 apples for events as often as I did for past events. I know it's random but I feel like the chance of getting them has decreased. Maybe they are trying to get people to do the LlamaZoom cause we get 250 apples for that. What have you guys experienced?
I noticed that, too.

The 12 hour time on special events that earn apples really limit llama zoom completion, too, as it ties up a sim for so long. I was hoping finishing a 12 hour event task might complete a long llama zoom task, but so far I haven't seen it work. So doing the 12 hour event tasks after the quest is done seem like a bad choice. Am I missing something?
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Looks like (from parties and sims wandering through town) a fair amount of players are getting the gnome costume. I got it in my 4th lunchbag.

Lots of repeats now and it seems like the consolation prize for duplicate clothing (simoleans) is not very generous, varies but mostly 125. Hairdo repeats are 5 gems. I got 25 simcash once.

The separation of clothing colorways into two separate prizes feels cheap. And that long skirt with the odd side drapes is puzzling. What top would go with it? There wasn't really much for me to be excited about in this event.
mockingbird288z

SKatF wrote: 22 Sep 2018, 20:28
mockingbird288z wrote: 22 Sep 2018, 19:26 I haven't been getting the 25 apples for events as often as I did for past events. I know it's random but I feel like the chance of getting them has decreased. Maybe they are trying to get people to do the LlamaZoom cause we get 250 apples for that. What have you guys experienced?
I noticed that, too.

The 12 hour time on special events that earn apples really limit llama zoom completion, too, as it ties up a sim for so long. I was hoping finishing a 12 hour event task might complete a long llama zoom task, but so far I haven't seen it work. So doing the 12 hour event tasks after the quest is done seem like a bad choice. Am I missing something?
Glad it's not just me, at least. It's annoying, though, that they are trying to force our hands with the llamazooms.

I wasn't sure about doing the 12 hour events now that I'm done with the quest, either. But I decided to try and do them when I can. When popping in and out of the game to use energy and speed up the tasks I can usually cut it down to 6 hours, less if I refill energy with the bed/tub, etc. I figured since the most I've ever done is 3 llamazoom tasks a day it's worth it to do only 2 llamazooms and the 12 hour events instead. I don't really want the put the time in to do more than that and I may end up not doing it anyway, it's just the plan for now.

All I'm really planning on doing right now is waiting a bit to start some of the 12 hour events so that I can have my sims start them all at the same time. Overall because of the llamazooms and these 12 hour tasks it feels like I'm actually spending more time playing the game during this event than past ones and I am not happy with that. I really am starting to hate these llamazooms.
mockingbird288z

SKatF wrote: 22 Sep 2018, 20:36 Looks like (from parties and sims wandering through town) a fair amount of players are getting the gnome costume. I got it in my 4th lunchbag.

Lots of repeats now and it seems like the consolation prize for duplicate clothing (simoleans) is not very generous, varies but mostly 125. Hairdo repeats are 5 gems. I got 25 simcash once.

The separation of clothing colorways into two separate prizes feels cheap. And that long skirt with the odd side drapes is puzzling. What top would go with it? There wasn't really much for me to be excited about in this event.
I must have a hex on my account. :lol: I haven't gotten the "big item" since the Hot Tub. Looking at all the items I really just wanted the hairstyles and I have 3 of those at least.

Splitting every clothing item into two prizes is one of the most annoying things they've done. They aren't fooling anybody. Ah, yes, we simmers won't notice that the "cool flight jacket" and the "sharp flight jacket" are the same identical jacket in different colors.

My favorite pieces in the clothes are the scalloped skirts and the skinny jeans. I have one of each and hope to get the other colors. The men's clothes are boring as always - the bowler shirts are just different patterns of the shirt from the summer throwdown league event just like the other summer event shirt was the same as the shirt from the luxury event. Some new, different, clothes for men would be nice.