Space Explorer Career Quest

This section is for The Sims Mobile Events
mockingbird288z

Space Explorer Career Quest

Post by mockingbird288z »

The info going around is that the quest starts at 10:00am on Thursday, August 30th in your time zone.

Part 1: Limitless Potential - 3 day time limit (all this does is unlock the actual quest so you have 3 days to do this before the 4 day time limit on the quest starts)
1. Tap on a Sim and complete the It's Just Rocket Science event (about an hour)

Part 2: Space Explorer Career Quest
1. Tap on a bed and dream of space
2. Tap on a sofa and read about space
3. Ask 3 sims about UFO sightings
4. Earn 650 simoleons
5. Tap on a park bench and look up at sky
6. Complete all Llamazoom tasks and collect rewards
7. Tap on a sim and complete the It's Just Rocket Science Event (about 8 hrs with a NPC or 4 hrs with 2 of your own sims)
8. Tap on a table and apply for astronaut training
9. Tap on a Sim and complete the Get in Shape Event (about 8 hrs with a NPC or 4 hrs with 2 of your own sims)
10. Complete all Llamazoom tasks and collect rewards
11. Tap on a table and keep filling out more paperwork
12. Complete all Llamazoom tasks and collect rewards
13. Tap on a Sim and complete the Get in Shape Event (about 8 hrs with a NPC or 4 hrs with 2 of your own sims)
14. Complete all Llamazoom tasks and collect rewards
15. Tap on a sim and complete the It's Just Rocket Science Event (about 8 hrs with a NPC or 4 hrs with 2 of your own sims)
16. Tap on a mirror and practice interview answers
17. Tap on a Sim and complete the Get in Shape Event (about 8 hrs with a NPC or 4 hrs with 2 of your own sims)
18. Complete all Llamazoom tasks and collect rewards
19. Tap on a sim and complete the It's Just Rocket Science Event (about 8 hrs with a NPC or 4 hrs with 2 of your own sims)
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: Space Explorer Career Quest

Post by SKatF »

My #7 is 8 hours. I was using another player's sim as my partner. It looks like it's the same as some past quests. If you use 2 of your own controlled sims, it's half the time
mockingbird288z

SKatF wrote: 30 Aug 2018, 18:42 My #7 is 8 hours. I was using another player's sim as my partner. It looks like it's the same as some past quests. If you use 2 of your own controlled sims, it's half the time
Ah, okay. So it's the same as the Get in Shape event. I thought it might be but was hoping the 4 hours was the NPC time and it would be 2 hours with your own sims. I guess it's safe to assume that just any relationship events (events you do with another sim) are like this.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

I'm doing one of the 2 sim tasks using 2 of my own sims for the first time. I was hoping when my sim ran out of energy, I could switch to the other sim and keep going. But no luck. So the second sim is basically non-productive for the 4 hour task time.

I'm wondering if it's because a Suprising Choice made one sim mad at the other for giving a crummy birthday gift. (The grasping chit asked for a gift from her friend, then was angry because it wasn't good enough.) I hate these surprising choice scenarios. Such poor values, not to say poor manners!

Anyway, has anyone done these 2 sim tasks and been able to use both sims' energy? Or is it always just one sim who can act and the other is just along for the ride?
Shona
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Shona »

Yes, I'm using 2 of my own sims for the Get in Shape event and can use both sims' energy.
mockingbird288z

Yeah, it's probably because of the surprising choice punishment. Usually you can use both sim's energy on actions. The actions don't speed up the time as much as they do when using just one of your sims so being able to use both sim's energy balances that out.

Oh, and I found out that those 8 hour events count towards the "complete a long event" for the Llamazoom. After having one of my sims tied up doing an 5 hour long event in preparation. :roll:
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

mockingbird288z wrote: 31 Aug 2018, 01:01 Yeah, it's probably because of the surprising choice punishment. Usually you can use both sim's energy on actions. The actions don't speed up the time as much as they do when using just one of your sims so being able to use both sim's energy balances that out.

Oh, and I found out that those 8 hour events count towards the "complete a long event" for the Llamazoom. After having one of my sims tied up doing an 5 hour long event in preparation. :roll:
So the advantage is 4 hour task instead of 8 hour task, but if you help, it won't matter if you use 2 sims or one, the time saved will be the same? I guess tjat makes mefeel a bit better about the Surprising Choice punishment. It really feels like Maxis is holding your game hostage - fork over simcash or simoleans or we'll screw up your gameplay for 8 hours.
mockingbird288z

SKatF wrote: 31 Aug 2018, 04:20
mockingbird288z wrote: 31 Aug 2018, 01:01 Yeah, it's probably because of the surprising choice punishment. Usually you can use both sim's energy on actions. The actions don't speed up the time as much as they do when using just one of your sims so being able to use both sim's energy balances that out.

So the advantage is 4 hour task instead of 8 hour task, but if you help, it won't matter if you use 2 sims or one, the time saved will be the same? I guess tjat makes mefeel a bit better about the Surprising Choice punishment. It really feels like Maxis is holding your game hostage - fork over simcash or simoleans or we'll screw up your gameplay for 8 hours.
What I meant was that when using one of your sims and an NPC an action that costs 2 energies would speed the time up say 5 minutes. But when you are doing an event between two of your own sims that same action would only speed up the time by 2.5 minutes. So you need to use both of your sims energy on actions to get the same amount of time taken off as you would when it's 1 sim and a NPC. So that part balances out because it ends up the same. The benefit is that it takes half of the time to begin with. So you did end up losing a little bit of an advantage because of the punishment.

Sorry, I didn't word it very carefully before.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

I did a comparison. If you use 1 of your own sims, each energy used to speed up progress gains you 15 points in event progress. If you use 2 of your own sims, you get 10 points for each energy used, but you can swich between sims and use both (assuming neither is suffering a Surprpising Choice penalty.😏)

Assume fully charged sims at 30 energy for ease of calculating:
1 sim 30 energy x 15 points = 450 points progress
2 sims 30 energy x 2 sims x 10 points = 600 points progress.

So besides original time cut in half, progess is somewhat faster, although not impressively so. (I think it's a rook that the game isn't set up for the same 15 point progress per energy used, since you are tying up 2 of your sims.)

This assumes you tap away until energy is exhausted on both sims to speed things up. If you're just setting the game up and leaving for RL activities, the energy/progress ratio is irrelevant.
mockingbird288z

I'm not sure points progress and time sped up are always the same. How much time is sped up per action/points towards progress depends on what chapter of a story you are on (and based on my experience, if you are using two or one of your own sims for relationship events). For example, with the beginning chapters of any story you can sped through the whole time with just a few actions/points progress. Meaning less progress points are needed to complete that event. But by the time you get to Chapters 5 and higher your progress points and energy don't get you as far in shaving time off.

I think in using two sims while the overall time might be cut in half the amount of progress points needed isn't exactly cut in half. Or maybe not cut in half at all? I just know that when I use energy on events where I'm using two sims it always shaves less time off the time remaining than it does when I'm just using one of my sims. Thus, I have to use both sim's energy to have the same effect on time remaining as I would if I had just been using 1 sim. It's just that the overall time is less so I don't care.