Summer Barbecue Event

This section is for The Sims Mobile Events
Simsaddict456
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Summer Barbecue Event

Post by Simsaddict456 »

There is a new event in sims mobile that last 7 days and seems pretty similar as the previous ones. Good luck everybody! You will need it :lol:
Attachments
For those that wonder what is the bonus for using cupcakes
For those that wonder what is the bonus for using cupcakes
Screenshot_20180703-222811.png
Screenshot_20180703-222735.png
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: Summer Barbecue Event

Post by SKatF »

Here's were I am so far:
1. Search potted plants for gnomes 10 times. Non potted plants like bushes do not work. Plants reset in about 5 minutes so you can use same one over if you don't have 10. Different sims can do it to reach total
2. Sprinkle potted plants with gnomes favorite drink 5 times
3. Place summer drink tray, the game put it in your inventory, so find it there. You may need to remove an item if you are at item cap.
R. Sample sumner drinks event at cafe. Any sim can do it. More than 5 hours. I got all excited and started this event and the Experiment with Summer Recipes event (at home, also more than 5 hours) early. I may be in trouble if the Experiment at home event finishes before it's due on the list, as I bet it will take time to reset. So I'd choose (if I had a do-over) don't start them until I was sure completion won't come too early.

Ok, I rushed event 4 with cupcakes. It did complete quest requirement event though I started it early. Reset is 8 hours
5. Experiment with Summer Recipes event at home.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Phew, by rushing event 4, I was able to then go to my house, where pink checkmark was waiting for completing event 5. When I tapped it, the quest task completed.
6. Spend 925 lemon slices on Sumner Ice Chests. You get slices for finishing events 4 and 5 plus miscellaneous along the way, so this should not be really hard if you have held off on buying until now (except the one time the game made you do it at the beginning.)
7. The summer drinks cafe event again. It resets in about 8 hours and cost to speed up resetting is simcash, about 40 as I recall.
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by simmare »

Is there any way to find out how many lemon slices you have? At least last time they showed you. No idea about this time.
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side
Level 60 achieved! 2/14/24

No Facebook, only GameCenter: MareZX1
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

simmare wrote: 04 Jul 2018, 00:40 Is there any way to find out how many lemon slices you have? At least last time they showed you. No idea about this time.
You can see how many lemon slices you have by either going to your Inventory and then the Tickets section. Or by tapping on the glass of lemonade in the corner that brings up the event screen. The lemon slices you have will be shown on the top left.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
mockingbird288z

Here's 1-7 that SkatF had noted in one list, plus parts 8 and 9. 9 is to spend 1,400 lemon slices but since the quest part is so short I don't see that hard part to be hard to do at all even if you spend any lemon slices you have earned before then.

1. Search in potted plants for gnome clues
2. Sprinkle the gnomes favorite drink on potted plants
3. Place Summer Drinks Tray at Home
4. Sample summer drink specials at the Cafe
5. Experiment with summer recipes at Home
6. Spend 925 Lemon Slices to open Summer Ice Chests
7. Sample summer drink specials at the Cafe
8. Experiment with summer recipes at Home
9. Spend 1,400 Lemon Slices to open Summer Ice Chests

As SkatF noted the Sample summer drink specials event at the Cafe resets in 8 hours.
The Summer recipes at Home event resets in 20 hours.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Thanks Leah. Was about to search internet for parts 8 & 9 and once more you came through!

I like that the occasional bonus while doing other things like work is 125 lemon slices.

I don't like that the item limit makes using all the cool new stuff almost impossible for me.
Simsaddict456
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Simsaddict456 »

I made a mistake yesterday and rushed through both events before I even started with the quest and now I have to wait 11 hours so I will be able to complete the fifth task. Oh well, I hope I will manage to complete it regardless.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Simsaddict456 wrote: 04 Jul 2018, 06:42 I made a mistake yesterday and rushed through both events before I even started with the quest and now I have to wait 11 hours so I will be able to complete the fifth task. Oh well, I hope I will manage to complete it regardless.
It's 6 days, so I would think so. You can start in advance as long as you complete in the right order. So if both were available, you could start 4 and 5 or 7 and 8 at the same time, as long as you finished 4 before 5 and 7 before 8. Since Drinks at Cafe is shorter than Experiment at home, it should happen naturally.
mockingbird288z

I'm trying not to care too much with this event. I'm also not going to use cupcakes to get a shorter event time. I'll just do what I've always done and occasionally use cupcakes to refill my sim's energy. Trying so hard on the last event to get the bubble blower and still not getting it (despite getting nearly all of everything else) was frustrating beyond belief so I'm just going to take this one easy. The first thing I got was the woman's jumpsuit and I really like it so I'm counting this event as a win and everything else will be a bonus.