World of Luxury Event

This section is for The Sims Mobile Events
playsims
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: World of Luxury Event

Post by playsims »

For me, no sense in wasting my hard-earned simcash for the $75 chest, which may turn out to be another duplicate. I have less than 400 simcash. Still working hard to get the 4th Sim @550 simcash. I guess I can kiss the Bubble Bar good-bye unless Fairy Godmother decides to take pity on me on my last dice.
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

I've decided I'm not going to buy the simcash box, either. If the bubble blower was just a regular item in the store I wouldn't spend 75 simcash for it. If it was a limited time item in the "Featured" section (like the hair and make up bundle was) I wouldn't spend 75 simcash for it. So I'm not going to spend 75 simcash to have a minimal chance at it.

I've gotten 3/3 couches, 5/6 lanterns, 6/6 rugs, 8/8 dividers, 7/8 poufs, 4/4 mirrors, 6/6 accent tables, 6/6 tapestries, and all the clothing/accessories. I've stayed up later than I should have to do the short regular events to make sure I get enough of the bonus coins to get to 200 coins once I do the luxury events later this morning. After opening those 4 chests I will be done with this event no matter what. And honesty, at this point, I think I will be more disappointed if I don't get 1 more lantern and 1 more pouf than if I don't get the bubble bar. :lol:
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

I'm happy that I have reached the 1.700 coins today. Within the last three trials to get something I really wanted I got the boho shirt \o/
Time to calm down :)
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

ErinPW wrote: 31 May 2018, 17:13 I'm happy that I have reached the 1.700 coins today. Within the last three trials to get something I really wanted I got the boho shirt \o/
I think the clothes and other items in the event are attractive and can see various ways to use them. The actions were cute too ... I may never see a refrigerator the same again! They got so much right, it's a pity the structure of the event prize winning ruined it for many.
mockingbird288z

ErinPW wrote: 31 May 2018, 17:13 I'm happy that I have reached the 1.700 coins today. Within the last three trials to get something I really wanted I got the boho shirt \o/
I'm glad you got the boho shirt!!!
mockingbird288z

As expected, I did not get the Bubble bar. And I had to laugh when my very last box was the bracelets. Although I used over 5,000 coins and I'm a little disappointed I can't say that I'm upset. I got 300 simcash from this event which makes it all worth it, really. I hope all of these types of events include a simcash prize from now on.
playsims
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by playsims »

No bubble bar for me either. I missed the last chance to reach up to 50 deluxe coins for an ornate box. Fall asleep! More likely it's another repeat. At least I did got 1 $75 simcash prize in the last few boxes.
contrarysims
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by contrarysims »

I'm disappointed too, and just a little bit upset. Although I'm very happy with the other prizes I received, which are all lovely, I unlocked them all within about four days. So for the remaining week I busted my ass around the clock, interrupting regular sleep to try to get the bubble bar. I shouldn't have wasted my time.

This is the problem with how they've structured the events. Why even bother when the odds are so slim and your efforts probably won't pay off?

(I didn't get much simcash out of this either, but I sure do have a lot of tickets now.)
HFN Community House, 2 Divers Way
HH Art school gallery, 3 Firehouse Road
indiekicks
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by indiekicks »

contrarysims wrote: 31 May 2018, 22:57 I'm disappointed too, and just a little bit upset. Although I'm very happy with the other prizes I received, which are all lovely, I unlocked them all within about four days. So for the remaining week I busted my ass around the clock, interrupting regular sleep to try to get the bubble bar. I shouldn't have wasted my time.

This is the problem with how they've structured the events. Why even bother when the odds are so slim and your efforts probably won't pay off?

(I didn't get much simcash out of this either, but I sure do have a lot of tickets now.)
Super late on this but I so agree. After the event ended I wasn’t as bummed about the bubble bar as I thought I’d be but still annoys me that I played every day from the start, unlocked pretty much everything else in the first few days... but this one item eluded me for two whole weeks. Bleh.