ASOS event

This section is for The Sims Mobile Events
BlacKat
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: ASOS event

Post by BlacKat »

Found the clothes. Had to log out and in to get them.

As to the tasks. Started both #5 and #6 at the same time. Finished #5 first, then #6 immediately after. Both counted in order. On to the wait for #7.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Has anyone figured whether there is a pattern of when non-ASOS events earn you the ASOS tokens? So far it seems totally random to me. Random being my assumption, I'm doing as many quick events as my real life schedule will allow to improve my chances to get tokens.

I know there are forum members that see patterns much more quickly than I do, so if anyone sees it's not ramdom, please let us know the pattern! I think it may be difficult to get enough tokens to complete the event without spending simcash (ie real life $ as simcash is so hard to get otherwise.)
BlacKat
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by BlacKat »

I've seen where events alternate whether ASOS coins are given. Seems like two of the same events in a row (two quick hobby sessions with help) give ASOS coins and the third doesn't.
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

It seems random to me, too. And it feels like there's a limit. I'll get it randomly in the beginning of the day but by the end of the day I just don't get any tokens. Has anyone gotten any tokens from a non-ASOS relationship event? I haven't.

I really don't expect to get all of the clothes. I've looked at the stories unlocked from purchasing the clothes and the items unlocked through the stories and there wasn't anything that looked worth it to me. So I'm okay with not getting everything. Honestly, there's just so many things in the cons list for this game that I'm not going to set alarms or spend real money to finish this event.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Simsaddict456
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Simsaddict456 »

I am also doing the short events and I get more in the beginning of the day, but I also get some in the evenings. I did get them from doing events with kids. I also don't like the clothes that much but I would like to get the new stories. I already have more than 1000 points so I should complete it with no problems even if I will focus on freeplay now but I do have quite a lot of cupcakes and all four sims. What are your cons? :)
mockingbird288z

My cons are this, this, and this. Heavy emphasis on the last one.

They very clearly want people to buy simcash. And I'm not convinced they haven't changed it so that the piano heirloom is only unlocked with simcash. I got 3 simcash yesterday through watching adds and I was so excited. Brought my total to a whopping 174! Just 341 to go to me 4th sim! So like maybe by August if I'm lucky. :roll:

I've said privately to someone that I can see myself getting stuck in the game. Out of new items to purchase for simoleons and unable to increase my lifestyle because all the rest of the new items cost simcash.

The only really good thing about the limited time events so far has been the added chance to get Simcash. 1 Simcash for every quest is 11 simcash we wouldn't have received otherwise. Which is a lot especially considering my only other way I'm guaranteed Simcash right now is for a quest to clear land. 1 sim cash in exchange for over §4,000.

I've got 1,013 tokens. So Roughly 1,000 tokens earned in 4 days. And for a 12 day event that should mean I can get the 3,000 but 100 tokens of that first 1,000 was from the quest and while that's technically not a lot I'm keeping that in mind and I wasn't too busy over the weekend so could play more. With that I'm not counting on being able to replicate roughly 250 tokens a day even if I end up using some of the 86 cupcakes I have. I just don't care for any of the rewards enough to spend more time that I would have normally on this game.
Simsaddict456
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Simsaddict456 »

mockingbird288z wrote: 23 Apr 2018, 15:14
Oh yeah these are pretty bad. I have to say I feel like the whole game is weirdly balanced. They swaped and changed so many things during soft launch (which is understandable, they were getting some pretty harsh criticism) and it definitely feels like they went a bit overboard. A lot of new features feel rushed to me and some old stuff that don't fit in at all now were just left as they were. It feels to me like we are still in soft launch waiting for them to balance out things and polish all the bugs. In the patch before the worldwide launch they were having events each weekend. Every event had five stages and they were pretty time consuming but the prize for the final stage was 60 Simcash and the prices made more sense then. I am pretty sure they will be forced to bring stuff like that back in the game if they want to keep any long term players. I have a lot of opinions about all this :lol: I may have procrastinated this weekend with watching game developer's conferences about free to play games and I found them really interesting. If anyone else is interested, not every talk is accessible but the older ones are all free I think :) Sadly there are none by the freeplay team but there is one from the simcity buildit designer :)
https://www.gdcvault.com/search.php#&ca ... erence_id=
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

mockingbird288z wrote: 23 Apr 2018, 03:31 It seems random to me, too. And it feels like there's a limit. I'll get it randomly in the beginning of the day but by the end of the day I just don't get any tokens. Has anyone gotten any tokens from a non-ASOS relationship event? I haven't.
I would have said no, but I just got some from a 1 hour relationship event. I know work events seem to generate more for me. I haven't been working on hobbies much, so I'm not sure of them.
mockingbird288z

SKatF wrote: 23 Apr 2018, 22:15
mockingbird288z wrote: 23 Apr 2018, 03:31 It seems random to me, too. And it feels like there's a limit. I'll get it randomly in the beginning of the day but by the end of the day I just don't get any tokens. Has anyone gotten any tokens from a non-ASOS relationship event? I haven't.
I would have said no, but I just got some from a 1 hour relationship event. I know work events seem to generate more for me. I haven't been working on hobbies much, so I'm not sure of them.
I got 3 from a family event last night but since I seem to get them more often (and 5 or 6) with the other events I've been focusing on those. I have gotten them from hobby events but I haven't noticed if it's about the same amount or less than what I get, or how often I get them, from career events.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Be careful if you are trying to complete an ASOS Fashionably Fun Friends event. There is a regular friend event with a very similar name. For me, the regular event showed up first on my list and the ASOS event was the fourth event choice on the list.

I'm an impatient tapper, and learned the hard way to look for the ASOS label on the event.
Attachments
ASOS event
ASOS event
Not ASOS event.
Not ASOS event.