ASOS event

This section is for The Sims Mobile Events
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: ASOS event

Post by SKatF »

There is a wait time between #6 and #7 as the site is the same and makes you wait about 6 hours unless you spend simcashto hurry it.

Earning simcash is many times more problematic than earning social points in SFP. If anything drives me away from SM, it will be the pricing for items.
contrarysims
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by contrarysims »

SKatF wrote: 20 Apr 2018, 19:16 FYI the Pink Borg Jacket is for males and color can't change. I don't mind guys wearing pink (why not?) but I was kind of hoping it was for females. Too bad they don't have gender neutral clothes (ie either genders could wear them.)
I was kind of expecting most of the clothes to be unisex, but apparently not!
HFN Community House, 2 Divers Way
HH Art school gallery, 3 Firehouse Road
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

SKatF wrote: 20 Apr 2018, 10:12 Task list:
Task 1 is the ASOS special event at the Market Square.
Task 2 is another ASOS special event at Market Square
Task 3 is a ASOS Fashionable Fun event you can do at home with any sim already your friend. Click on friend and scroll down the list of tasks until you find Fashionable Fun.
Task 4 is to buy a piece of ASOS clothing. I held off buying until now, and was I glad I hadn't spent ASOS coins already as previous purchases before you get this task did NOT count for completion.
Task 5 is the ASOS Fashion Designer Challenge event at the fashion studio

Wish I'd known what task 5 would be as I finished the fashion studio ASOS event just before buying the clothing, and have to wait many hours before I can do it again for the quest. If I'd known, I would have purchased before I finished the event.

Posting the tasks here might help others who are not there yet. I looked at some online videos, and these appear to be the rest of the tasks for the quest.
Task 6 is Fashion Show Rehersal at the Market Square
Task 7 is ASOS Spring Fashion Show at Market Square
Task 8 is to buy another ASOS clothing item
Task 9 is ASOS Afterparty
Task 10 is ASOS Marketing Campaign at Agency Downtown
Task 11 is unlock the photography career by buying more ASOS clothing. (ie..doing more ASOS events and earning ASOS coins to buy)
OK, I'm confused. It was time for #7 Fashion Show, but all I could get at Market Square was Afterparty. I'll see how it goes.
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

SKatF wrote: 21 Apr 2018, 02:11
Task 3 is a ASOS Fashionable Fun event you can do at home with any sim already your friend. Click on friend and scroll down the list of tasks until you find Fashionable Fun.
Task 4 is to buy a piece of ASOS clothing. I held off buying until now, and was I glad I hadn't spent ASOS coins already as previous purchases before you get this task did NOT count for completion.

Wish I'd known what task 5 would be as I finished the fashion studio ASOS event just before buying the clothing, and have to wait many hours before I can do it again for the quest. If I'd known, I would have purchased before I finished the event.

Posting the tasks here might help others who are not there yet. I looked at some online videos, and these appear to be the rest of the tasks for the quest.
Task 11 is unlock the photography career by buying more ASOS clothing. (ie..doing more ASOS events and earning ASOS coins to buy)
OK, I'm confused. It was time for #7 Fashion Show, but all I could get at Market Square was Afterparty. I'll see how it goes.
Your list is what I had - I was doing #7 when you posted. Now I'm just waiting to get 100 more of the tokens to get the mac coat for #8. With 11 days left I'm not worried about finishing the quest goals and the coat is the only thing I really want. Plus it makes my brain happy to get the most expensive thing first. :lol:
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
mockingbird288z

contrarysims wrote: 20 Apr 2018, 22:51
SKatF wrote: 20 Apr 2018, 19:16 FYI the Pink Borg Jacket is for males and color can't change. I don't mind guys wearing pink (why not?) but I was kind of hoping it was for females. Too bad they don't have gender neutral clothes (ie either genders could wear them.)
I thought the western jacket was for males when I first saw it. Then noticed that one of the female sims in the pic was wearing it. I like it better for males. I'm not really a fan of any of the clothes, the vinyl mac is the only one I like. I'm mostly interested in the new stories.
contrarysims
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by contrarysims »

mockingbird288z wrote: 21 Apr 2018, 02:44
contrarysims wrote: 20 Apr 2018, 22:51
I thought the western jacket was for males when I first saw it. Then noticed that one of the female sims in the pic was wearing it. I like it better for males. I'm not really a fan of any of the clothes, the vinyl mac is the only one I like. I'm mostly interested in the new stories.
Same, they aren't my taste at all! But it seems that to unlock all of the story/career prizes, you must purchase all of the clothing. The cost of all of them add up to 3000 tokens.

I had some trouble with the Friendship event at first. It seems it can't be done with a friend who has a storyline event queued up, or with a stranger/acquaintance. So it has to be done with another sim you have already started a friendship with, but only if you're at the point of levelling up to reach the next storyline part. A little inconvenient and confusing.
HFN Community House, 2 Divers Way
HH Art school gallery, 3 Firehouse Road
mockingbird288z

SKatF wrote: 20 Apr 2018, 21:01
Earning simcash is many times more problematic than earning social points in SFP. If anything drives me away from SM, it will be the pricing for items.
A thousand times this. They need to add more ways to add simcash. The way it is set up now (how often simcash is offered as a reward vs. how much is needed to purchase things) it's obvious they want us to just buy it. I've never bought straight currency for any game before but I'm really considering it for this game. I am still very far away from earning enough simcash to unlock my 4th sim and feel like I'm just waiting to really start playing the game until I can do that. What few simcash I do earn has to be saved so it's really frustrating to level up and unlock new items that all cost simcash and such high amounts of simcash, too.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

SKatF wrote: 21 Apr 2018, 02:11

Yep, for #7, just do the Afterparty that shows up and you can complete the Fashion Show task. I am kind of disappointed. I thought I'd see sims strutting the ASOS runway for this task, not same old actions. Then I went on to #8 and am waiting 6 hours until I can do #9 Afterparty (again).
BlacKat
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by BlacKat »

Hi everyone. Was wondering where the clothes purchased have gone. I can't find them anywhere.

And thank you so very much for the task list. Has so helped me when getting to #5. Made the mistake of buying clothes too soon, but definitely helped me to know what #5 and beyond was!
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

BlacKat wrote: 21 Apr 2018, 16:34 Hi everyone. Was wondering where the clothes purchased have gone. I can't find them anywhere.

And thank you so very much for the task list. Has so helped me when getting to #5. Made the mistake of buying clothes too soon, but definitely helped me to know what #5 and beyond was!
The clothes are either female or male and the sections are marked with the little red star. Did you possibly look with the other gender?
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View