ASOS event

This section is for The Sims Mobile Events
BlacKat
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: ASOS event

Post by BlacKat »

mockingbird288z wrote: 25 Apr 2018, 21:28
BlacKat wrote: 25 Apr 2018, 21:20 You have to buy 1500 worth of ASOS clothes to get the heirloom and start the Fashion career story. From what I've seen, you do not have to be complete in the original fashion story. The briefcase will appear in the fashion house only after 1500 has been bought in ASOS clothes. If you have a sim already in the fashion career, you have to switch its career and then start the new fashion career.

Feeling ya. Am still 229 away from the fashion career and seriously doubt I'll make the 3000 before it ends.
I only needed to spend 1,285 tokens to unlock it and the green bar is a little past the tick for the fashion story so I don't think 1,285 is needed but a little less than that.
Cool! I was basicing it on 3000 divided by 4 separate stages. So have now unlocked the fashion career. 👍🏻
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Maybe it's just my screen, but to me, the Western jacket and Western miniskirt don't go together at all. The jacket is black, white and red, while the skirt is black, white and orange. There are 4 types of pockets construction, 2 on jacket and 2 on skirt. Also the jacket is trimmed with fringe and metal studs, while the skirt is trimmed with white piping and white buttons.

End of fashion police rant. 😄
Attachments
Screenshot_2018-04-26-13-37-15-1.png
playsims
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by playsims »

Regarding the Asos Fashion Forecast Story, I have already previously unlocked it when I posted the question but still can not access it. It may require a sim to work up to Level 10 in the Fashion Design? Currently she's still on 87%.
Has anyone tried switching a sim that has already completed the Fashion Design carrier & currently on another career? My sim that has a previous 100% Fashion Design Carrier is already retired & gone. So I can not try it. Previous careers are supposedly to be saved.
ZeeGee

Post by ZeeGee »

SKatF wrote: 26 Apr 2018, 22:42 Maybe it's just my screen, but to me, the Western jacket and Western miniskirt don't go together at all. The jacket is black, white and red, while the skirt is black, white and orange. There are 4 types of pockets construction, 2 on jacket and 2 on skirt. Also the jacket is trimmed with fringe and metal studs, while the skirt is trimmed with white piping and white buttons.

My CONSTANT gripe with the Sims, especially FreePlay, nothing matches. Except in Sims 3, where you can make anything any color you want :D
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

playsims wrote: 26 Apr 2018, 23:10 Regarding the Asos Fashion Forecast Story, I have already previously unlocked it when I posted the question but still can not access it. It may require a sim to work up to Level 10 in the Fashion Design? Currently she's still on 87%.
Has anyone tried switching a sim that has already completed the Fashion Design carrier & currently on another career? My sim that has a previous 100% Fashion Design Carrier is already retired & gone. So I can not try it. Previous careers are supposedly to be saved.
You can't have more than one sim in a career at the same time as BlacKat said in their reply to your question.

I tried switching a sim from another career and even posted pictures here.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

ZeeGee wrote: 27 Apr 2018, 00:11
SKatF wrote: 26 Apr 2018, 22:42 Maybe it's just my screen, but to me, the Western jacket and Western miniskirt don't go together at all. The jacket is black, white and red, while the skirt is black, white and orange. There are 4 types of pockets construction, 2 on jacket and 2 on skirt. Also the jacket is trimmed with fringe and metal studs, while the skirt is trimmed with white piping and white buttons.

My CONSTANT gripe with the Sims, especially FreePlay, nothing matches. Except in Sims 3, where you can make anything any color you want :D

Even the "real life" versions of the western clothes don't match. The jacket is red while the skirt is orange. The Sims version of the clothes match the real life pretty well (at least the western jacket and skirt) so in this case I blame ASOS and not Sims. Or whoever picked which ASOS clothes to replicate. LOL
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Simsaddict456
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Simsaddict456 »

playsims wrote: 26 Apr 2018, 23:10 Regarding the Asos Fashion Forecast Story, I have already previously unlocked it when I posted the question but still can not access it. It may require a sim to work up to Level 10 in the Fashion Design? Currently she's still on 87%.
I have a sim that was level 10 in fashion career and is now in a different career and when I click on fashion career bubble it only shows one possible career story to pick. When I try the same thing with a sim that never was in a fashion career I can choose between two stories; the normal one and the asos one. I think this is a bug, perhaps you are experiencing the same thing? Did you try picking with a sim that was never in the fashion career if they have two options?
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

Simsaddict456 wrote: 27 Apr 2018, 13:20
I have a sim that was level 10 in fashion career and is now in a different career and when I click on fashion career bubble it only shows one possible career story to pick. When I try the same thing with a sim that never was in a fashion career I can choose between two stories; the normal one and the asos one. I think this is a bug, perhaps you are experiencing the same thing? Did you try picking with a sim that was never in the fashion career if they have two options?
Hope, this is a bug. I wanted the new career or at least one of them for Mina. After changeing to the hospital career I can only choose the older fashion story :?
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
playsims
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by playsims »

I am really confuse over this Asos Fashion Forecast career. My sim Ashley has just completed Fashion Design 100%, I still can not activate the Asos Forecast career. Should I be seeing a briefcase logo a) the site of the Fashion Designer building? or b) the runway with the big Black Asos Sign (After party is held)? I thought I would be able to switch the sim from Fashion Design (100% complete) to Asos Forecast career. But sorry no go.
If I tried to use another sim who I think has no previous Fashion Career experience before, I cant see a brief case logo because my Fashion Design sim Ashley is still in that career.
I have Sims switched careers before already but can not seem to get this Forecast thing to work.
playsims
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by playsims »

Ok. I finally got the Asos Forecast story to work.
I switch my 100% Fashion Design sim Ashley to work on another career.
Then got another Sim (who I think may not have done the Fashion Design before - not so sure about this) to click the briefcase in the Fashion Design building. This time I got 2 choices: Asos or the old Fashion Design.