Party Tips

This is the subforum for all guides related to The Sims Mobile
Zazzy
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Party Tips

Post by Zazzy »

The key to a well-attended party is to purchase as many items from the Careers Collections and Hobby Collections as you can possibly fit in your house.
My Friend Code: GC4JJHP (no need to PM)
Player Name: Zazzy
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: Party Tips

Post by SKatF »

I hope it's ok to post questions about parties on this thread. (I need party tips.)

Is there any way to see whether a party will be simple or complex before you tap on it? It seems once you tap on a party, you're committed to it even if you've taken no action.

I've gone to parties with lots of attendees and special items to interact with, and other parties with literally no party items or decorrations in a nearly empty house with only two hosting sims in it.

Obviously, I'd rather attend the former type in the game. (Although in real life, sometimes the later type has been more fun!)
Simsaddict456
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Simsaddict456 »

SKatF wrote: 30 Mar 2018, 19:15 I hope it's ok to post questions about parties on this thread. (I need party tips.)

Is there any way to see whether a party will be simple or complex before you tap on it? It seems once you tap on a party, you're committed to it even if you've taken no action.

I've gone to parties with lots of attendees and special items to interact with, and other parties with literally no party items or decorrations in a nearly empty house with only two hosting sims in it.

Obviously, I'd rather attend the former type in the game. (Although in real life, sometimes the later type has been more fun!)
I have all my sims in hobbies and careers and if the party will have a lot of people and items it will look something like that. Another thing I look for is party that isn't a birthday party, because usually they are trown by people who just started playing and have no idea what they are doing, I usually have to click on find parties button a few times to stumble upon a more busy party :)
Attachments
_20180330_224555.JPG
Zazzy
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Zazzy »

When you host a party, take some time to use your own Sims to level up your party during the 24 hours. You don’t need any cake slices to do this. I just went to a party that only had 9 hours left on it and the level had not even gotten up to 2 which tells me the host didn’t spend any time levelling up her own party. I bailed out because I didn’t want to waste precious cake slices trying to level up a party that was clearly going nowhere.
My Friend Code: GC4JJHP (no need to PM)
Player Name: Zazzy
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

I was finally able to host a birthday party after unlocking the third sim. I used all 3 sims and tapped dilligently at tasks. As I leveled the party up, more sims came and it became easier.

Question: after I had my party to level 10, I did send my sims to work. If someone comes to the party, I'm wondering if they found my house empty. Mockingbird or Contrary might be able to answer this, as I see they both visited after my sims went to work (thanks for coming.) When I saw that, I pulled them from work temporarily and was able to do party interactions with them, before allowing them to return to work.
Simsaddict456
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Simsaddict456 »

I am pretty sure the sims stay in the house for visitors. There are no real time interactions between players with exception of the party chat so I would be surprised if the game would care about such details. When I visited all your sims were there :)
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

I think we are just visiting "copies" of sim's houses and sims. When I threw a party for the first time recently I noticed all of Erin's playable (I'm assuming) sims there at the same time. So it looks like we might bring all of our sims with us even if we only see the one e have selected.

When I went to your party, SKatF, your house was full of people. :)
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

mockingbird288z wrote: 07 Apr 2018, 16:29 I think we are just visiting "copies" of sim's houses and sims. When I threw a party for the first time recently I noticed all of Erin's playable (I'm assuming) sims there at the same time. So it looks like we might bring all of our sims with us even if we only see the one e have selected.

When I went to your party, SKatF, your house was full of people. :)
I sent them all and of course one at a time :) But for you and other visitors they stay, even if I brought them home.

Although it‘s kind of a copy, it does update if we leave the party and turn back. E.g. first there was the whirlpool and caused the stupid graphic bug. Then you said that you have removed it. So I turned home, came back and the tube was gone.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
contrarysims
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by contrarysims »

SKatF wrote: 06 Apr 2018, 13:42 Question: after I had my party to level 10, I did send my sims to work. If someone comes to the party, I'm wondering if they found my house empty. Mockingbird or Contrary might be able to answer this, as I see they both visited after my sims went to work (thanks for coming.) When I saw that, I pulled them from work temporarily and was able to do party interactions with them, before allowing them to return to work.
I was glad to see you were finally able to host your first party! And yes, it was totally packed with everyone's sims. I could definitely see all three of your sims.

I like to send all of my sims to parties too, more chances for all of them to get stickers. I do it by sending the first sim home, selecting a different one and returning to the party with each one at a time.
HFN Community House, 2 Divers Way
HH Art school gallery, 3 Firehouse Road
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

contrarysims wrote: 07 Apr 2018, 23:39
SKatF wrote: 06 Apr 2018, 13:42 Question: after I had my party to level 10, I did send my sims to work. If someone comes to the party, I'm wondering if they found my house empty. Mockingbird or Contrary might be able to answer this, as I see they both visited after my sims went to work (thanks for coming.) When I saw that, I pulled them from work temporarily and was able to do party interactions with them, before allowing them to return to work.
I was glad to see you were finally able to host your first party! And yes, it was totally packed with everyone's sims. I could definitely see all three of your sims.

I like to send all of my sims to parties too, more chances for all of them to get stickers. I do it by sending the first sim home, selecting a different one and returning to the party with each one at a time.
Good tip. I give your sims stickers every day. Also to other forum member's sims when I can identify them.