Update 12.2.0

Post your information regarding updates here
mockingbird288z

Re: Update 12.2.0

Post by mockingbird288z »

SKatF wrote: 29 Nov 2018, 18:07
mockingbird288z wrote: 29 Nov 2018, 00:37 In a topic that seems locked and not open for replies EA has posted on their support site that the prices of the new system were unintentional and they're working on fixing it.

For a change as large as this and one that they had to know would not be popular the one thing they should have done was make sure it was working properly. And to take so long to address the issue!!

There's no mention of the glitches still going on and no mention of the floors and wallpapers that have gone missing.
The cynic in me does not believe the new prices were unintentional, although the intensity of player response may have caught them off guard.

The loss of already paid for content may have been unplanned and I'm glad they're fixing it.
Those were my exact thoughts. That is was 100% intentional and they (naively) thought there wouldn't be this big of a backlash or that there would be some backlash and maybe even people would leave but they'd get new players and "survive" the backlash. Kinda like what happened when FreePlay introduced death.

My other thought was this is all intentional, the extreme prices and the partial walk-back. Now they can say they listened to us and fixed the game. And the idea is we begrudgingly accept the change to how the different colors are priced while being thankful it wasn't as bad as it could have been. :roll:

It's hard not to be cynical when we're dealing with EA. I still haven't updated yet and I won't until the fix is in or I guess until the pre-event quest starts.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
mockingbird288z

I just got this pop up in my game. I guess that means the “fix” is in.
5B48FB1F-A3C6-438E-8C35-487511423C3C.png
They’re trying sooo hard to make this pay for colors thing sound like such a great idea.

They’ve adjusted “several higher-priced” colors - not all? And the “sale” prices are now the normal prices... wasn’t part of the complaints that there weren’t any sale prices to begin with? None of the prices were actually slashed to begin with. Are they now?

Edit: That black dress that cost 18,000 simoleons and 7 Llamazoom tickets? That then changed to 345 simcash for just the black color? It’s cheaper now!!! By a whole whopping 145 simcash! Isn’t that great, guys!? This is the best. 😑😑😑
0B391E9B-6568-496E-9B8D-EEF67443DD9A.jpeg
What should have happened is the price drop down to 10,000 simoleons and 1 or 2 Llamazoom tickets and then the cost of the other colors be something like 300 or 400 simoleons.
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by simmare »

I just got the in-game update too, and now I'm getting crash issues. I tried to attend a party and everything just froze. Went to another location for a relationship event and everything froze. Tried to get my "free" 150 simcash and everything froze. Getting really frustrated with this game...
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side
Level 60 achieved! 2/14/24

No Facebook, only GameCenter: MareZX1
mockingbird288z

150 simcash gift? Hmm, I wonder if I would get that once I update or not. I also wonder if there’s a time limit on accepting it. Like, can I still hold off on updating until the pre-event and still get the 150 simcash then or would I not get it?
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Don't know how long it will last, but buy things you want before updating!
Screenshot_20181201-002613_The Sims.jpg
The parties are still crashing. Friends only parties are filling with strangers so friends can't attend. I have a friend request I can neither accept nor deny that keeps popping up as new.

Stashing simcash and cupcakes for Christmas event and hoping for better things.
indiekicks
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by indiekicks »

I was already on a short hiatus from the game but this... makes me never want to play again. If I hadn’t already sunk so much money into it, I’d probably just delete the game. They spend way more time coming up with new money grubbing tactics and pretty much no time at all improving user experience.

Well at least this made me pick up FreePlay again. Which is also full of money grubbing but at least the gameplay isn’t so repetitive and glitchy.