Update 11.0.0 - June 13th

Post your information regarding updates here
mockingbird288z

Re: Update 11.0.0 - June 13th

Post by mockingbird288z »

playsims wrote: 15 Jul 2018, 03:02 Is there anything more to unlock if you complete a hobby,professions or relationship several times already?
I am getting bored doing the same things over & over again although by different sims. I am definitely not paying real cash just to unlock the piano hobby & Benefactor career. I'll eventually get to that 600 simcash as long as they dont keep on increasing the price.
I guess the answer would be "heirlooms" but even that is like... but why? lol 'Cause you get the heirlooms to do events faster but if there's no real reason to do events because you've already completed all the stories...

I need to get 13 more heirlooms (17 if I were to include the new surgeon heirloom and three Tinker traits) and I'm just one lifestyle away from being maxed on that. I have the simoleons to buy a ton of stuff and be done with that right now but I only buy one new item a day to make sure I can keep finishing the daily to-do list without having to buy simcash items. Plus, most of those simoleons are saved for future land expansions (100,000 simoleons saved up just for those very expensive lots - I think that should cover two of them).

If all future content/stories are going to be locked behind a paywall or unlocked by jumping through hoops (events) then I really don't see the point of continuing to play. Can you imagine if FreePlay had announced a new hobby that you could only unlock by paying $7 for? It's like the basic Sims Mobile game is free-to-play but you gotta play to get the "full unlock" of Sims Mobile. And then keep paying over and over.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Hate to say, Mockingbird, but $100,000 may not be enough to clear your land. I'm currently saving for my third to last plot. Last one was about $45,000 and 5 or 6 days.
Screenshot_2018-07-15-19-02-15-1.png
I'm in constant "sticker shock" over the rising cost/time to clear your lot. It's one of the reasons I haven't retired a sim lately. I want them at the top earning level possible for career as they are all beavering away at careers to earn $$$ for land.
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

SKatF wrote: 15 Jul 2018, 23:07 Hate to say, Mockingbird, but $100,000 may not be enough to clear your land. I'm currently saving for my third to last plot. Last one was about $45,000 and 5 or 6 days.

I'm in constant "sticker shock" over the rising cost/time to clear your lot. It's one of the reasons I haven't retired a sim lately. I want them at the top earning level possible for career as they are all beavering away at careers to earn $$$ for land.
Well, I mean I know it won't clear all my land! :lol: I said the 100,000 should cover two of the more expensive lots and it sounds like it will.

I know one of the last ones is 60k, or it was months ago (don't know if they've increased it since then). So that's what I was saving up for and then just kept saving. Right now I actually have enough for that 53K lot and still have 60k left. Since I'm not really in a rush to clear land I'm okay with where I'm at. Currently my new limit (amount of money where I won't go under) is 110k. The next time I clear land it will be when I can do it but also have my new limit at 120k. That's my general rule anyway - earn 10k more than I need for the current plot. And then sometimes I'll forget about actually clearing a plot of land and bump up my limit by more than 10k. It's a system that works for me! I'm also keeping in mind what ever the cost of the waterfront will be or any new career buildings in that location - that is if it's not going to be real money! :lol:
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

mockingbird288z wrote: 16 Jul 2018, 04:49
SKatF wrote: 15 Jul 2018, 23:07 Hate to say, Mockingbird, but $100,000 may not be enough to clear your land. I'm currently saving for my third to last plot. Last one was about $45,000 and 5 or 6 days.

Well, I mean I know it won't clear all my land! :lol: I said the 100,000 should cover two of the more expensive lots and it sounds like it will.

I know one of the last ones is 60k, or it was months ago (don't know if they've increased it since then). So that's what I was saving up for and then just kept saving. Right now I actually have enough for that 53K lot and still have 60k left. Since I'm not really in a rush to clear land I'm okay with where I'm at. Currently my new limit (amount of money where I won't go under) is 110k. The next time I clear land it will be when I can do it but also have my new limit at 120k. That's my general rule anyway - earn 10k more than I need for the current plot. And then sometimes I'll forget about actually clearing a plot of land and bump up my limit by more than 10k. It's a system that works for me! I'm also keeping in mind what ever the cost of the waterfront will be or any new career buildings in that location - that is if it's not going to be real money! :lol:
I admire your self dicipline. I'm good at budgeting in RL, but not so much in sims😒. I can usually resist clothes and furniture, but not more space.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

I don't play Sims. Do they have only one house too? I really miss having more than one in this game.
Simsaddict456
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Simsaddict456 »

SKatF wrote: 16 Jul 2018, 19:51 I don't play Sims. Do they have only one house too? I really miss having more than one in this game.
No, you can have multiple houses in all the versions of the main game :) I am fine with have only one, but I would love if I could somehow save my current build so I could always return to it if I tried to change stuff and didn't like the result, and the ability to change the surrounding area.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Simsaddict456 wrote: 17 Jul 2018, 05:02
SKatF wrote: 16 Jul 2018, 19:51 I don't play Sims. Do they have only one house too? I really miss having more than one in this game.
No, you can have multiple houses in all the versions of the main game :) I am fine with have only one, but I would love if I could somehow save my current build so I could always return to it if I tried to change stuff and didn't like the result, and the ability to change the surrounding area.
Yes, a manual save and reset is something I really miss.