Building or Remodeling Help

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Re: Building or Remodeling Help

Post by Perturbee »

Arcadia wrote: I will give graph paper a try. I was working on a two story house and it went all crazy on me. I couldn't add a room, it kept closing the game. I shut it down and when I turn it back on, no one had any tasks, and my toddler is stuck outside the fence and she can't get home. She can walk on the beach but can't get her in the house.
The only way to get your sim back from the beach (or road) behind the houses is by whistling them to another house, then whistle them back. I've had this happening twice on a street-lot and this was the only way out.

The building crash is another bug unfortunately. I don't know of any work-around, in the previous version it helped having a sim standing at the mailbox.
Rosie_58
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Rosie_58 »

Is there a way to know by looking at the rooms which was created first?
Sue Dwyer
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Sue Dwyer »

There's no indicator that I know of which room has the immovable wall. You can try resizing the rooms to see what works (without confirming and paying), unless there is a room above it. In that case, it can become painfully expensive.
katgames
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by katgames »

Rosie_58 wrote:Is there a way to know by looking at the rooms which was created first?
You can move them out and look. Just cancel it. The ones that move have sort of arrows on them. The ones that have no arrows do not move. But you can play with it like laying floor to look at it and then canceling the purchase. Just move slowly and make sure to cancel the action till you know that's the move you want to make.
:geek:
HFN: #1 West Oceanside near Campgrounds
HH: Next to Fire Station
Still no police station in mah town :roll:
Rosie_58
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Rosie_58 »

Thanks to Sue Dwyer and Katgames :) for your replies. I will try what you both suggested as I change houses in my 2nd town. Am I only keeping a few houses and changing the rest. Would it be better to change the houses room by room/remove rooms or demolish the houses? If I demolish the houses would those houses take longer to collect from them?
katgames
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by katgames »

Rosie_58 wrote:Thanks to Sue Dwyer and Katgames :) for your replies. I will try what you both suggested as I change houses in my 2nd town. Am I only keeping a few houses and changing the rest. Would it be better to change the houses room by room/remove rooms or demolish the houses? If I demolish the houses would those houses take longer to collect from them?
That's kinda personal choice. That's why I like graph paper. I helps you see how to get what you want in the fewest moves--least expensive route. The only total demo I did was that guest house you get with the premium beach house. The main reason I bought that one was to steal the furniture and demo the rooms. I think there is some drop in TV that lowers costs with a demo but someone more experienced should address that.

I tend to rearrange or start with empty lots. I sell everything or manually remove it to inventory. I don't trust their "automatic" store in inventory. I do ever door and window myself. Should get floors and wall coverings too. They could do that if they wanted. Sell anything you can. Good luck. It sounds like an adventure. Let us see you final results!
:geek:
HFN: #1 West Oceanside near Campgrounds
HH: Next to Fire Station
Still no police station in mah town :roll: