What tablet do you run Sims Freeplay on?

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
linmanfu
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

What tablet do you run Sims Freeplay on?

Post by linmanfu »

My sister wants to buy an Android tablet so that she can play Sims Freeplay and has asked me for advice.

Could anyone from this forum share what tablet you use, please? I'd be especially interested to know whether anyone has got it running on a tablet with 2GB of RAM.

I know that the official system requirements are very low (Android 2.3.3), but in reality the game won't even complete installation on either my phone (2GB) or my tablet (1GB), so it's clear that those system requirements aren't realistic.
JaneRoettinger
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: What tablet do you run Sims Freeplay on?

Post by JaneRoettinger »

I have some old phone with 1 Gb RAM and Android 2.4.4 and I could install this game on it (but it took several hours). SFP works but is very slow, laggy and often shuts down without any cause. It takes about 5 minutes just to start the app. It's hard to play on such slow device. Maybe with 2 GB RAM it would be better but I'm not sure about this.
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by simmare »

Not sure how much RAM it has, but I’m on an iPad Pro 12.9, original version. So far the game has run smoothly, except for randomly logging me out of Game Center (but that’s the operating system - iOS 13 is evil)
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side
Level 60 achieved! 2/14/24

No Facebook, only GameCenter: MareZX1
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

I play on Galaxy Tab A with 32 hard drive and 2 GB Ram. SFP and Sims Mobile run fine on it.

I also have a recent model Kindle that SFP runs well on and is much less costly device. I think mine was about $60 on sale. It does not have Sims Mobile, however.