What are the game benefits of changing your Sim's clothing?

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
jVanDuyn
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

What are the game benefits of changing your Sim's clothing?

Post by jVanDuyn »

Is there really any gaming advantage in changing your Sims' clothing (other than being able to distinguish various female Sims with same or similar DNA from each other - and much the same for discerning male Sims with like DNA (physical characteristics))? I have not found that I am benefitting via XP or Simoleons (or any other form of token benefits) during the course of the game. The process can be timely if you change each of your Sims into various individual pieces of clothing in their wardrobe (dressers). Outfits (including VIP ensembles) seem to be a timesaver as complete ensembles come readily coordinated (complete with shoes & vestments - and/or hats & coiffure). I change my infants', toddlers' and pre-teens' clothing simply to amuse myself but there is no visible game benefit in doing so (that I can detect, so far). Anyone care to elaborate of their findings in this area?

Platform: Android
Level: 55
VIP: 8
Town Value: 36,884,065
Sim Count: 36/36
Simoleons: 25,599,751
Social Points: 1,150
Lifestyle Points: 16
Rainbow Cake Slices: 3,640
Cupcakes: 0
3luv4eva3
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: What are the game benefits of changing your Sim's clothing?

Post by 3luv4eva3 »

I don't think there are any benefits that you are referring to. I never felt like I was gaining anything from it, just the satisfication of my Sims getting a new look now and then.
SFP: Level 55
VIP: Level 12
Version 5.76.0 - Live, Laugh, Loft

'low key' gamer, writer and binge watcher
jVanDuyn
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by jVanDuyn »

It is fun to change their clothes when not involved in a quest or professions' activity. Wardrobe options are fun for holidays or functions such as weddings (or as for the infants' & toddlers' outfits - dress clothes & playtime togs vs. wearing jammies). I also have my doubts about having my sims change into sleepwear before using the toilet. I mean to say, (most efficient method) all my adult Sims "P" & "Poo" with their clothes on, wash their hands (and sometimes take a shower (Good Scrub..or Rich Lather, (if time allows) & at rare times (if needed) a bath (quick dip - #1 choice)). Most often, I have my sims use the toilet and then take a shower and omit washing hands. Washing hands visibly reduces their social needs (their need to talk/socialize with other Simbeings) via their basic needs meter. Washing hands is quicker than having a "Good Scrub" but, as others have found, the longer the task the less drain on a Sim's basic needs. Someone asked me if it mattered if they left their Sims dressed while they "Use the Toilet". I believe it makes no difference. In older versions of Sims gameplay they would "drop their drawers" and the "censored area" would be masqued by a animated spherical pixel jumble. I believe the developer opted for less detail going into censoring basic toilet activities & put more emphasis on devising more sophisticated ambiance and architecture.

Thanks, 3luv4eva3, for concurring. Your reply was much appreciated. I always appreciate the tried & tested findings of my fellow Sim'mers here.

As always, loads of fun.

VanDy
chamilet
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by chamilet »

I hadn't noticed that they got rid of the pixelation. I just use the Singing Salmon for everyone. They haven't actually used the toilet in years!! :o
GC = chamilet (Glee characters) Please mention Sims
GC = LeslieGurun76 (Whovian characters) Please mention Sims
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by copperwood »

chamilet wrote: 19 Jul 2019, 15:21 I hadn't noticed that they got rid of the pixelation. I just use the Singing Salmon for everyone. They haven't actually used the toilet in years!! :o
There's still a pixelated circle, but your comment about your sims not using a toilet in years made e laugh. :lol:
SIMazing
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by SIMazing »

Not sure this counts as a benefit, but each of my sim families has their own color scheme. That way I can easily pick the right one from a crowd. This started way way way back when there wasn’t much to choose from in styles, and I’ve just kept it up through the years. Except for single sims. Not all of my singles have a color scheme, so sometimes I don’t keep it up.
HFN 1: Starter House with haunted upstairs, 1 firepole: (22 West Side)
HFN 2 -Clue House with 4 firepoles: on island behind Tempest of Bliss (3 Bliss Drive)
3luv4eva3
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by 3luv4eva3 »

SIMazing wrote: 20 Jul 2019, 06:18 Not sure this counts as a benefit, but each of my sim families has their own color scheme. That way I can easily pick the right one from a crowd. This started way way way back when there wasn’t much to choose from in styles, and I’ve just kept it up through the years. Except for single sims. Not all of my singles have a color scheme, so sometimes I don’t keep it up.
I do this for some of my families too, but only if they’re wearing swimwear haha.
SFP: Level 55
VIP: Level 12
Version 5.76.0 - Live, Laugh, Loft

'low key' gamer, writer and binge watcher
SIMazing
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by SIMazing »

3luv4eva3 wrote: 20 Jul 2019, 07:03
SIMazing wrote: 20 Jul 2019, 06:18 Not sure this counts as a benefit, but each of my sim families has their own color scheme. That way I can easily pick the right one from a crowd. This started way way way back when there wasn’t much to choose from in styles, and I’ve just kept it up through the years. Except for single sims. Not all of my singles have a color scheme, so sometimes I don’t keep it up.
I do this for some of my families too, but only if they’re wearing swimwear haha.
Nice. lol. I do it for all their attire - street clothes, swimsuits, pajamas, special evenings out, etc. Each family has two main colors and an accent. When the young ones grow up, get married and have kids, their kids get a combination of the married couple’s colors. Each child gets one dad color and one mom color. The only time it differs is if there isn’t a swimsuit or pj’s that match. Then they wear anything in the family color. :)
HFN 1: Starter House with haunted upstairs, 1 firepole: (22 West Side)
HFN 2 -Clue House with 4 firepoles: on island behind Tempest of Bliss (3 Bliss Drive)
jVanDuyn
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by jVanDuyn »

Greetings, everyone. Back again..right after tea & a slice. Got out of my jammies & put all my Sims folk in their proper morning attire!! Robes, (dressing gowns, if you will). Yes! My will to further the whimsy out of the game is back. I do remember coming across the Singing Salmon quite a while back when I was involved with the Muli-Story Constructions -- a tedious business but wanted to get to the next quest (Teenagers). I have no need of taking advantage of the "Singing Salmon" as the process that is required to obtain it is tedious & the time frame which it requires "recharging" is too time sensitive (consumes much "real time' -- very repetitious). Fishing is more fun in RL. I do enjoy that. I have 3,000+ legal Rainbow Cakes on each of my 5 Sims' Freeplay gaming devices (Android & Apple). When I'm not playing SFP, someone in the household or my fellow friends/ from my Xubuntu group is enjoying playing the "Simdickens" out of them..I used to go for the quest prizes but after reading several posts here it occurred to me that it was really futile trying to "beat the Sim clock" in real time without investing RL currency. I started off back in 2017/2018 with SFP -- I went to a chatroom that is SImWiki oriented to see what their opinion of Sims Freeplay was. A maelstrom of derision spewed from that chatroom. Wow! The Sims players seem to regard SFP players as complete imbeciles for wasting their RL time playing SFP. I say: To Each His Own! I had no idea their was so much malice between the two player factions..LOL!! I have played "The Sims" only briefly - it wasn't very challenging for me. I am glad I kept my SFP games on the mobile devices up-to-date after previously just researching this gaming genre. SFP is FUN & challenging. A bit bogged down with several superfluous quests & prizes but altogether, AFAIC - it helps bide the idle time when I'm not in the mood to compose & submit reports & findings. I love this forum & the great group of members who contribute & share their SFP experiences. Very impressed by the post "Its A Trap [Rant] by Sigs_Minock". Nice going, Sigs_Minock & FPF24! That post is 1st class in providing the basic rundown & "Findings of Fact" regarding game events/quests/prizes & homestore items you may utilize - very useful for SFP newcomers & midlevel players. This post is especially useful when considering the worthiness of pursuing a particular quest. I ran across most of the "money-grubbing" attractions/activities on my own. Thanks all who responded to my post and took part in this thread. I really enjoyed reading your responses. Here, at The SFP Unofficial Forum, members are polite (or, at the very least, civil). Glad to be back.

As always, loads of fun,

VanDy