Cannot place furniture in ski chalet

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
Loreleilee
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: Cannot place furniture in ski chalet

Post by Loreleilee »

kls1st wrote: 07 Jun 2019, 21:37
Loreleilee wrote: 07 Jun 2019, 21:30
kls1st wrote: 07 Jun 2019, 21:27 Do you have mezzanines yet? Expensive but maybe a workable way to achieve the same result...
I don’t know what that is so I probably don’t have it yet
It’s from All Mezzed Up, I think it was called, event? quest? Can’t remember fersure.
I don’t think I’ve done that event yet
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

Wecome to the forum, Loreleilee!

Sure you're tapping at the ground floor when trying to place the landing. Have you tried to turn it around? If you take it from the inventory it doesn't have the right direction.

Like kls1t said, mezzanines are expensive, but easier to handle. But the "All mezzed up" only shows up after completing three other discovery quests (DIY Homes).

Attachments
From inventory
From inventory
Turned one time
Turned one time
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
Loreleilee
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Loreleilee »

ErinPW wrote: 08 Jun 2019, 06:17 Wecome to the forum, Loreleilee!

Sure you're tapping at the ground floor when trying to place the landing. Have you tried to turn it around? If you take it from the inventory it doesn't have the right direction.

Like kls1t said, mezzanines are expensive, but easier to handle. But the "All mezzed up" only shows up after completing three other discovery quests (DIY Homes).

Okay I did try that and it wasn’t working when I did, but I just tried it again. So everytime I tried it before I selected the landing from my inventory, moved it over the living room, and then rotated it and it wasn’t working. This time I selected it from my inventory, rotated it and then placed in it the living room and it worked.

My only problem now is that if I want to move or place furniture in the living room I still have to remove the landing, move/place the furniture and then replace the landing (as long as the landing decides it wants to be put back again)
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

Loreleilee wrote: 08 Jun 2019, 08:51 […]

Okay I did try that and it wasn’t working when I did, but I just tried it again. So everytime I tried it before I selected the landing from my inventory, moved it over the living room, and then rotated it and it wasn’t working. This time I selected it from my inventory, rotated it and then placed in it the living room and it worked.

My only problem now is that if I want to move or place furniture in the living room I still have to remove the landing, move/place the furniture and then replace the landing (as long as the landing decides it wants to be put back again)
That thing is pretty tricky to handle, isn't it? I'm glad you got it done now.

It may comfort you to know that no player can move or place anything below the landing :)
iOS 17.4.1

Loreleilee
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Loreleilee »

ErinPW wrote: 08 Jun 2019, 09:29
Loreleilee wrote: 08 Jun 2019, 08:51 […]

That thing is pretty tricky to handle, isn't it? I'm glad you got it done now.

It may comfort you to know that no player can move or place anything below the landing :)
Okay, thank you!
mzsganuh
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by mzsganuh »

Same problem....can't find a solution. :(

I accidentally removed the sofa and now can't put it back.
TwilightMoon
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by TwilightMoon »

ErinPW wrote: 08 Jun 2019, 06:17 Wecome to the forum, Loreleilee!

Hi Erin,
I too am unable to place anything below the mezzanine area and am seeking help. I was happy to find your reply to the other forum member but I am just a little confused when it comes to "placing the landing" and "turning it around." Would you mind elaborating a bit? And, is the landing the strip of flooring with the rails on one side and the bedrooms on the other, and if so, how is it placed in your inventory? Thanks so much Erin...I appreciate any assistance you can provide. :)
Goldfinch 3
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Goldfinch 3 »

I think this is a Firemonkeys glitch in this update. I bought a penthouse with a mezzanine ages ago. No problem with redecorating before. But I tried to change a rug under the Grey Chalet u-shaped couch and both flew into inventory. I could not place down anything on the floor. Also, tried to move a plant and could not put down on the old or new spot. So, I am leaving well enough alone for now and hoping it’s fixed next update. Yes, I should submit a ticket to Support but I’m also dealing with the Missing Claus missing truffles problem as well. I’m exasperated! :evil:
GC: Goldfinch 3
Level 55-Holiday Francais
HFN: 3 Star located at Starter House.
HH(s): 1 on Island as well as 2 on Mainland
Mariel Bravef
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Mariel Bravef »

Goldfinch 3 wrote: 23 Jun 2019, 22:56 I think this is a Firemonkeys glitch in this update. I bought a penthouse with a mezzanine ages ago. No problem with redecorating before. But I tried to change a rug under the Grey Chalet u-shaped couch and both flew into inventory. I could not place down anything on the floor. Also, tried to move a plant and could not put down on the old or new spot. So, I am leaving well enough alone for now and hoping it’s fixed next update. Yes, I should submit a ticket to Support but I’m also dealing with the Missing Claus missing truffles problem as well. I’m exasperated! :evil:
Don't blame you! I'm so glad I finished the missing claus quest last time around and don't have to stress about that AND the simchase bug. This game (can be) super fun and the concept is awesome but GOOD GOSH I have begun to despise the company that develops and runs support for it 🙄
Mariel Bravef on Facebook, feel free to add me :)
Friend House: Starter lot. Social task and hobby items both. Let me know how I can improve it!
Haunted: Across from the maternity store
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

TwilightMoon wrote: 23 Jun 2019, 18:19 […]

Hi Erin,
I too am unable to place anything below the mezzanine area and am seeking help. I was happy to find your reply to the other forum member but I am just a little confused when it comes to "placing the landing" and "turning it around." Would you mind elaborating a bit? And, is the landing the strip of flooring with the rails on one side and the bedrooms on the other, and if so, how is it placed in your inventory? Thanks so much Erin...I appreciate any assistance you can provide. :)
Hi,

the thing at the Snow Chalet is not a mezzanine but a landing that can be placed in inventory like furniture and stairs. To put it into inventory we go to the upper floor and then tap somewhere in the middle like near the big couch. Then the buttons appear like shown in the pictures I posted earlier in this topic. In inventory it will be stored in the stairs tab. You can replace it at the Snow Chalet or in other homes like other objects from inventory.

Leah described how to place the landing at another topic here:
mockingbird288z wrote: 14 Jan 2018, 19:55
For starters the room has to be big enough. And you have to be on the first floor (or the room that is going to be underneath the open area) to actually place it. If you start on the first floor it's easier to get it into place if you move it with the "move" button while you have it selected. It's the one with four arrows going in four directions. If you start on the second floor (or the room that is going to be just the open space) you can drag it into place easier than you can on the first floor - you don't need to use the move button. But then once it is where you want it to be you need to tap the floor arrow down to the floor underneath to actually place it.
Hope, this helps :)
iOS 17.4.1