Issues with the team building task

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
Aalinnutza
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Issues with the team building task

Post by Aalinnutza »

So I have noticed in the past week or so that every time I try to do the team building task at the police station, my Sims starts the task and about 2 minutes in it gets cancelled. I am a bit annoyed about this, as I am tired to use lp’s just to finish that stupid task. Any ideas what I could do to stop the glitch? And I noticed that some of my sims start planting but when I go back once the finished there are no plants. I am losing money and lp’s.
GC aalinnutza
HFN (really bad with maps and addresses) Next to the fire station with an N made out of pines (white flat roof)
Haunted house surrounded by the pool and pine!

Update: The most recent one
3luv4eva3
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: Issues with the team building task

Post by 3luv4eva3 »

Aalinnutza wrote: 20 Nov 2018, 08:17 So I have noticed in the past week or so that every time I try to do the team building task at the police station, my Sims starts the task and about 2 minutes in it gets cancelled. I am a bit annoyed about this, as I am tired to use lp’s just to finish that stupid task. Any ideas what I could do to stop the glitch? And I noticed that some of my sims start planting but when I go back once the finished there are no plants. I am losing money and lp’s.
I've had both issues in the past few months so you are most certainly not alone. I contacted Firemonkeys about the Team Building Task and they didn't get back to me until about five days later. This was part of the message I recieved from them:

'As I understand that you're unable to progress in the game task. I agree, interruptions like these can be really painful. Don't worry, I'll try my level best to help you out.

Your issue has been confirmed by the development team. A task to correct this has been added to the backlog, however, at this stage we don't have a timeline for an official fix. We understand that this may not be ideal but, due to the rarity and difficulty in reproducing the issue, support will no longer be able to assist.

Keep an eye out for future updates and always make sure you have the latest version of the game.'

So basically a fix for this is in the works, albeit we don't have a date for when this'll be fixed. You could try to email them, but I bet they'd give you an almost exact response. They give me an in-game currency gift to reimburse me for this (this turned out to be 70 LP's and $50,000 Simoleons, which I feel is justice for the LP's wasted and Simoleons not earned from the Police Station).

I haven't discussed the planting issue as it rarely occurs for me these days. Just make sure that when you do select the plant you want Simoleons from, you actually watch them walk to the Garden Patch. This ensures that the Simoleons spent on these plants is taken away from your full total of Simoleons when you begin planting. I do this every day now for the past two months and I've rarely had this issue since.
SFP: Level 55
VIP: Level 12
Version 5.76.0 - Live, Laugh, Loft

'low key' gamer, writer and binge watcher
Aalinnutza
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Aalinnutza »

Thank you for your reply. Due to a cold I was home most of the day yesterday so I found that if you start the team building task and leave the police station or close the game until after it’s finished the sim actually gets to complete said task. So unfortunately if you have a sim that finishes a task at the police station while your sim is doing the team building task I suggest you wait until both of them finish. This seems to actually work for me .
GC aalinnutza
HFN (really bad with maps and addresses) Next to the fire station with an N made out of pines (white flat roof)
Haunted house surrounded by the pool and pine!

Update: The most recent one
Simbellini
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Simbellini »

I've had a similar problem with a fully qualified nurse at the hospital. She would display the blue footprints and abandon the task. Eventually the game would take an LP off me and still not complete.
I know Firemonkeys are supposed to be on this but in the end I found it so frustrating that I've started re-qualifying another sim - really tedious but no problems so far.