Wizard Cottage Template Issue

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
Mariel Bravef
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Wizard Cottage Template Issue

Post by Mariel Bravef »

So, I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this issue...
A few batches of architect homes ago, I built one that was built of the wizard cottage template, thinking to tear it apart and use the lot for my own custom house. However, in edit mode, I noticed the amount that I could scroll to the back of the lot was severely limited, to the extent that I couldn't even pan back far enough to grab an item sitting about two or three squares away from the back. I tried deleting the upper stories, and so on, and it made no difference. Having never had this happen anywhere else, I decided to keep testing and I built the actual wizards cottage on a different house lot (a premium one). I found that it also had issues with limited panning range towards the back, although not as badly as the architect house.
I am curious whether anyone else has noticed this kind of phenomenon on the wizards cottage template as well? (or with any other house also).
Mariel Bravef on Facebook, feel free to add me :)
Friend House: Starter lot. Social task and hobby items both. Let me know how I can improve it!
Haunted: Across from the maternity store
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: Wizard Cottage Template Issue

Post by copperwood »

I just checked my wizard cottage (small lot and original template), and I had no problem panning.
Mariel Bravef
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Mariel Bravef »

copperwood wrote: 11 Sep 2018, 20:20 I just checked my wizard cottage (small lot and original template), and I had no problem panning.
That's good. I think I will build another on a small lot and see if there is a difference, for research sake.

UPDATE: yeah, the cottage I built on the normal lot seems fine. It's just the premium lot that's iffy, I guess. If someone else could test the cottage template on a premium lot and see if they also have an issue, I'd appreciate it.
Friend House: Starter lot. Social task and hobby items both. Let me know how I can improve it!
SimmerDown
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by SimmerDown »

YES, mine has been like that for ages...that house template only, but on ANY of the large lots. Soooooo frustrating - but I put up with it because I really do love the grounds of the lot...the leaves make me happy🍁🍂🍃
Mariel Bravef
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Mariel Bravef »

SimmerDown wrote: 11 Sep 2018, 22:26 YES, mine has been like that for ages...that house template only, but on ANY of the large lots. Soooooo frustrating - but I put up with it because I really do love the grounds of the lot...the leaves make me happy🍁🍂🍃
Yeah I built my medieval themed house on the lot and the panning issue has been really annoying me :P