Why does the Sim Limit not get the hate it deserves?

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
Dankmemer420
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Why does the Sim Limit not get the hate it deserves?

Post by Dankmemer420 »

I remember, 4 years ago, when all the Sims Freeplay community talked about was how much they HATED life dreams. I didn’t like it but, I didn’t hate it. I still don’t hate it, and guess why: it is the only way to get around the sim limit. And now with reversing age being free, life dreams is not as hated, but you still have to kill sims, and while the aging system may not force you to, the sim limit does! I have been playing off and on since April 2014. My first game on my iPod 4 got that 2 billion sim limit glitch, and I ran my count up to 34 quick, and then it changed to 34/34, ever since that, I have hated the sim limit with a burning passion. I played a lot in 2016, but I didn’t play from fall of 2016 until 2 weeks ago, and I was on level 30, (now 32). I was very disappointed to learn that you still can’t have more than 34 sims, or 39 if you hit vip 15 which is like hundreds of dollars. Why does this stupid thing not get more hate? It literally has been one of the main things that makes us have to kill sims for years! I’m happy EA made reversing age free, but they need to do something about this. I mean, I get that older devices can’t run well with 40+ sims (my iPod 4 could run with 34, but it was bad, I still think it would have been bad if I didn’t have that many. My SFP ended up biting the dust right before I got a phone, which was a little over a year after I hit 34/34.) I have an iPhone SE that could probably run 50-55 sims good. I think that the sim limit should be in the upper 50s to lower 60s, what do you think?
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: Why does the Sim Limit not get the hate it deserves?

Post by SKatF »

Why do you have to kill your sims? With the ability to change just about everything about them, I just switch mine around if I get bored with their looks.
Mariel Bravef
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: Why does the Sim Limit not get the hate it deserves?

Post by Mariel Bravef »

I agree the Sim limit is too low. I think there needs to be a limit, because too many sims could be hard to keep track of and could slow down the game. But 34 is not enough in my opinion. A limit of 50 or so would make more sense, and make things more flexible without overloading your game. As it is I'm not sure we can even have enough Sims for all the houses we can build, what with apartments and houseboats. And that was if you only put one sim per house, and who wants to do that? Your sims would be pretty lonely.
Another thing I have an issue with is the two children per family limit. It isn't realistic. I would like it if children only counted as a half-sim with regards to the four sim limit. So you could have two parents and four kids; one parent and six kids; or two parents, one grandparent, and two kids, etc. The number of adults/seniors in the house could still be limited to 4. That way families would be more flexible without having to change the limit on the number of adult roommates.
Mariel Bravef on Facebook, feel free to add me :)
Friend House: Starter lot. Social task and hobby items both. Let me know how I can improve it!
Haunted: Across from the maternity store