[Mystery Island Bugs] Need help?

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

[Mystery Island Bugs] Need help?

Post by Perturbee »

If you encounter a serious problem or find a bug not listed, please let us know and submit a ticket on the support site here: https://firemonkeys.zendesk.com/

Currently known bugs:
REMEMBER: Save to the cloud often!!!

If you dont know how to, read this: https://firemonkeys.zendesk.com/entries ... I-lose-it-

[Mystery Island] Bugs list
Some of these are already reported here: https://firemonkeys.zendesk.com/entries ... e-release-
- Update causes crashes when a sim is in another town while updating, or when visiting.
Please visit the https://firemonkeys.zendesk.com/entries ... nd-Update- and follow the instructions within. If it doesn't solve your problem, submit a ticket there.
- Sims might randomly disappear (most can be whistled back, but some never return). Work-around: Whistle your sims to any location plus give them at least a short task before leaving the house.
- Work timers don't correct themselves, quitting job then starting it again (or even another job) doesn't solve it either (even after waiting 24+ hours). Pre-teens can not change schools so if they are enrolled and quit, they still can't go to school.(FIXED POST-MYSTERY ISLAND - Stay tuned for more details!)
- Competition Center's timer doesn't get corrected with the update. (FIXED POST-MYSTERY ISLAND - Stay tuned for more details!)
- Lights in some houses are broken.
- Houses turn randomly invisible.
- TV sound randomly stays on.
- Some people experience a closed Nightclub (at their neighbours).
- Facebook/Game Center accounts randomly disconnect (mostly on iOS).
- Editing houses causes them to turn red under certain circumstances.
- Path to front door randomly re-lays itself.
- Untouched Weather machines randomly cause "One or more Sims were unable to continue their actions when the weather changed."
- Volleyball in a pool causes the action to be cancelled or stuck when looking at another house or town.
- Gardening seeds randomly get charged again when visiting the house (so multiple times paying for the same seed).
- Gardening causes random 66% pay outs even if the sim is inspired.
- Buildings in progress with less than 336 hours to go, get reset to 336 hours after update.
- Goals are not recognized as being completed for some players, happens on all devices.
- Performance dropped and battery usage has increased.
- Floors and walls are still invisible on Kindle devices.
- Timer reset bug when "Practice Making Films" with the video camera still happens in multi-floor houses.
Work-around: use only at single/ground floor houses.
- Sims change hobby without notice. (I.e. one day a level 4 diver, next am ice skater).
- When visiting a neighbour's town where a baby is on the way, a popup might appear stating "Where are you going? Someone needs to stay home and wait for the baby to arrive." Sim can be whistled back to their home town, but travelling in the neighbour's town is nearly impossible.

- Simsie bug (Giant fish not giving a caught fish) seems to be fixed for most players.
- NOT A BUG: Town map rewards (XP/§) have been cut in half and rounded down.

The new way to submit bugs and problems is now through: http://firemonkeys.zendesk.com/
Lenny
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: [Mystery Island Bugs] Need help?

Post by Lenny »

The closed nightclub isn't just a neighbours problem. I cant access my own one. The sims randomly changing into their work clothes problem is back. Didn't experience this one during the neighbours update. I also consider this a bug now: the dog from the houseboat walks, sits, sleeps and digs on the water all the time. I found this rather funny at the beginning but he can't be whistled to his kennel or the bowl. He does not come to be hugged or play frisbee either. The cat on the other hand stays on board or the boardwalk.
Facebook: Nevasa Simm (please PM me on this board, if you want me to add you as a friend, I'm not using facebook Messenger on a regular basis)
Hounted House: 1 Diver's Way
HNF/Rendeer Farm: 3 Firehouse Road
Version: Christmas in London
Sue Dwyer
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Sue Dwyer »

Lenny wrote:The closed nightclub isn't just a neighbours problem. I cant access my own one. ✄Snip✄
You're right about the Nightclub being closed in home neighborhoods. Mine is closed and the people waiting outside within the ropes would not go home. I had to go elsewhere and whistle each one over.

I will miss the Nightclub because it's the best way to develop relationships, especially between multiple Sims.
bloodcool
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by bloodcool »

I kept forgetting to post this bug:

When the toddler is having a quick dip or bath, you will need a adult Sim. On a random basis, if you exit the house(after the bathing started i.e. toddler in bath tub and adult sitting beside) and return back to the house (via Sim tracker), there's a chance that the adult becomes free, while the toddler is still in the bath tub.

Not really a big issue since XP is still awarded when toddler finished bathing.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

bloodcool wrote:I kept forgetting to post this bug:

When the toddler is having a quick dip or bath, you will need a adult Sim. On a random basis, if you exit the house(after the bathing started i.e. toddler in bath tub and adult sitting beside) and return back to the house (via Sim tracker), there's a chance that the adult becomes free, while the toddler is still in the bath tub.

Not really a big issue since XP is still awarded when toddler finished bathing.
This happens in my game since I have toddlers, when I leave the house before the adult arrived at the tube.
It cannot be too bad. Toddlers also can use the kiddie pool without an adult nearby ...
Modern Ranch Update, 5.84.0
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
espressonist
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by espressonist »

Sue Dwyer wrote:
Lenny wrote:The closed nightclub isn't just a neighbours problem. I cant access my own one. ✄Snip✄
You're right about the Nightclub being closed in home neighborhoods. Mine is closed and the people waiting outside within the ropes would not go home. I had to go elsewhere and whistle each one over.

I will miss the Nightclub because it's the best way to develop relationships, especially between multiple Sims.
Ugh. I should have read this. I just started building mine...a waste, from how it sounds.
Game Center: Espressonist

Just started my game over- be patient with my tiny town!
Delphine
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by Delphine »

Don't worry, not everybody gets this bug. Your Nightclub may work :)
FB : Catalina Delphine (look for the squirrel ;) )
GC : DelphOrka
Updated, everything built but the volcano
(Please, don't look at my mistakes in English, my French iPad always puts capital letters and accents everywhere)
nogard0
Sim Teen
Sim Teen
Location: alexandria, va, usa, earth, solar system, milky way galaxy, universe, dimension (name)???

Post by nogard0 »

call enough sims over to nightclub and some may get in if the outside roped in area gets too full.
SFP tv ~ 41,435,102
im nothing but empty shell
(i took out my brain so people couldnt read my mind)

nothing is over the rainbow but very thin air !

u post pics.
GC nogard0
FB sue.donim.144
cant visit FB TVs below §200m

64 GB iPad 4/Air iOS 9.2
Lenny
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Lenny »

nogard0 wrote:call enough sims over to nightclub and some may get in if the outside roped in area gets too full.
Does not work. You can only have ten there. Nine stay outide, only one will be inside. No mater how often I call them back and forth.
Facebook: Nevasa Simm (please PM me on this board, if you want me to add you as a friend, I'm not using facebook Messenger on a regular basis)
Hounted House: 1 Diver's Way
HNF/Rendeer Farm: 3 Firehouse Road
Version: Christmas in London
espressonist
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by espressonist »

Delphine wrote:Don't worry, not everybody gets this bug. Your Nightclub may work :)
They can't go in, if they appear outside. If they come and end up already inside, they're good. No one can drink though.
Game Center: Espressonist

Just started my game over- be patient with my tiny town!