(Discussion) Should Sims Free Play use another medium other than Facebook?

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
Ryuzakiryuuga
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

(Discussion) Should Sims Free Play use another medium other than Facebook?

Post by Ryuzakiryuuga »

With the current situation that is happening to Facebook right now? I'm sure you guys are up to date with news circulating currently.

Me personally, I've always wanted to delete my Facebook as I feel it's getting a bit too personal for me. Obtrusive, I may say.

So I think Sims FP should open for more way to save your data other than Facebook and GC.

What do you think?
Simsaddict456
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: (Discussion) Should Sims Free Play use another medium other than Facebook?

Post by Simsaddict456 »

You can always create a separate account just for games. That is what I have. But they could have at least one other option :)
kls1st
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by kls1st »

I don’t do facebook and won’t. Fortunately I’ve still got neighbors in my old game center account and will keep that as long as I can. I don’t go visiting much but like the option. If it goes away then that’s that for that.
bluebeariscool
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bluebeariscool »

I’ve never used FB for neighbours in the game either. I could never be bothered with a separate account just for the game and didn’t want strangers (albeit it some lovely ones!) on my personal FB account. I too have neighbours through GC account and it’s a real shame that’s no longer an option to add new friends.
GC: bluebeariscool
HFN: Starter House has fire pole, oven Fire, dirty pool and everything else needed for social tasks (I think)
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by copperwood »

I deleted my real Facebook account years ago. I've got a couple fake ones for my games and went through all the privacy and other settings to turn off whatever I possibly could. I don't trust Facebook with any personal information and wished that games stopped using them. But most likely they get a kickback from Facebook.

Just remember anytime something is free, you're the product.
kls1st
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by kls1st »

I think it’s unlikely, but maybe the bad press facebook has been getting lately will be an impetus for developers to find another option.
bloodredroses01
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bloodredroses01 »

I refuse to use FB for games and thanks to Game Center being defunct I no longer can get SP by visiting neighbors because it’s useless since I have so few neighbors and they don’t have much of what I need to complete the tasks.

FM needs to jump all over Apple until they get Game Center back up and running again so that there is an alternative to FB.
Morgan Rose
GameCenter: BloodRedRoses01 (not that it matters)
Party of the Decade update