"Finish Row" Button will be removed (Time Limited Hobby Prizes)

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
ErinPW

"Finish Row" Button will be removed (Time Limited Hobby Prizes)

Post by ErinPW »

A nice feature will be removed :?

Quoted from Firemonkeys Help Center
We're removing the button that allows you to quick-complete a row with LifePoints in Hobby Collections. You might see some things change in your game.

CBF_buttom_how_it_works.JPG

What is the Finish Row button?

Usually, you'll need to perform a hobby task (e.g. 'Quick Practice' in Woodworking for 5 hours) or spend LifePoints with the Lucky Spin to obtain a collection of 12 collectables and get a prize in a hobby. This button made things a bit easier but it wasn't what we hoped it would be.

Sorry, but we've encountered some unforeseen problems with this feature and we need to take it out.

What happens when the Finish Row button goes?

If you are currently performing a limited time hobby the button may disappear. To avoid any more issues that would affect The Sims FreePlay experience in a bad way, this could happen anytime soon, so don't expect the button to stay until you have completed a collection.

Note: You can still continue performing the hobby or using LifePoints with the Lucky Spin for a chance to obtain collectables. For more help with completing hobby events or collections check out our guide here!

What hobbies are affected?

Any hobby with a limited time prize. Hobbies like Breakdancing (triggered after completing the Salsa Dancing Hobby) or Hobby Events scheduled by the game each update, such as the Long Hair Event that ran during the Penthouses update.

Thanks for sticking with us!
Attachments
"Finish Row" Button will be removed.
"Finish Row" Button will be removed.
Last edited by ErinPW on 07 Aug 2017, 17:47, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Clarified title
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
Simsaddict456
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: Time Limited Hobby Prizes "Finish Row" Button will be removed

Post by Simsaddict456 »

Ugh now this sounds just way too convenient for them :/ This button was super useful and I've never had any trouble with it
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

I've tested it a lot in another game and also never had a problem with it. It "wasn't what they hoped it would be"? What did they hope it would be? An incentive to spend real life money on LP?
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

They also announced this change on the official FB site, but the text is a little different (and not edited.) I still don't get the reason. Neither had I issues with hobbies, nor did I read from other users. Except too many repeats, so players have to use LPs to get the reward. And this one has always been there.
Attachments
Announcement on the official FB site
Announcement on the official FB site
iOS 17.4.1

Reshiram
Banned

"Complete row" missing from Limited Time Hobby Events?!

Post by Reshiram »

I's spamming the Complete Row Option since it came out. Now it's not there for Mean Curls! Now I've got to Lucky Spin the old fashioned way. My Family's in for the long haul now cause of this!

Any Ideas why it's missing?

It wasn't in there very long
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

ReshiramVorePred wrote: 05 Aug 2017, 14:25 I's spamming the Complete Row Option since it came out. Now it's not there for Mean Curls! Now I've got to Lucky Spin the old fashioned way. My Family's in for the long haul now cause of this!

Any Ideas why it's missing?

It wasn't in there very long
I have moved your post to the appropriate topic.

The Firemonkeys have announced the removal a few days ago. The announcement ist quoted at the opening post of this topic.
iOS 17.4.1