Pool cleaner not working

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
JustinsRide146
Banned

Pool cleaner not working

Post by JustinsRide146 »

I searched around for this problem but didn't come across anything. there's a years old post but it appears to be a different problem. the guy is getting an error message. I'm not.

When I visit a lot, especially if I haven't visited it in awhile, the pool will be dirty even though there's a pool cleaner in it. I have to tell a sim to clean it. It's been this way for a few updates now. It used to be always clean if there's a pool cleaner in it, even if not visited in ages. But now I have to clean it. It will stay clean after I clean it, but this isn't always the case. Sometimes it gets dirty again.

Is there something I'm missing? I've tried multiple cleaners in a pool, but it still gets dirty with the cleaners.

I liked the pool cleaner when I first got it. Now I think its the worst $1.29 I've ever spent.
mockingbird288z

Re: Pool cleaner not working

Post by mockingbird288z »

Sometimes this happens to me. Most often after my game has crashed but not always. I have to take the pool cleaner out and then place it back into the pool for the game to recognize that there is a pool cleaner in the pool. Once I do that the pool stays clean.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Atheletic Brownie
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Atheletic Brownie »

JustinsRide146 wrote: 19 Jul 2017, 17:53 When I visit a lot, especially if I haven't visited it in awhile, the pool will be dirty even though there's a pool cleaner in it.

Is there something I'm missing? I've tried multiple cleaners in a pool, but it still gets dirty with the cleaners.
Pools cleaners have behaved that way in my town since I got them not too long ago - the pools I don't visit regularly turn green even with cleaner(s) in them. For me, I just give it a minute or so to work. The water gradually transitions from toxic green to blue. I assumed that was normal, cause the cleaner looks like an underwater Roomba. So, it won't have big enough batteries to run 24/7, but only works when we're at the house cause we can theoretically charge it before we leave and plop it in when we return to the lot (yes I overthink things sometimes)

Pools at houses I visit regularly remain pristine, with no noticeable change in colour. If I know the lot is going to remain empty for a while, especially during grinding events, I just put on a weather machine an make it snow to keep the pool in its current clean state.
JustinsRide146
Banned

Post by JustinsRide146 »

It used to remain clean always even if you haven't visited the lot in awhile. It quit doing that sometime early this year.
Fayew
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Fayew »

I haven't experienced that problem yet.