Flipping houses?

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
jgray678
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Flipping houses?

Post by jgray678 »

Someone was telling me they "flip" houses. I guess they sell all of the items in the house, sell the rooms, then demolish and rebuild? Any tips on how this works? Has anyone done this to build sim$?

[im not sure if this is against any rules]
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: Flipping houses?

Post by copperwood »

I did this when I started a second game. Here is my post from the tips for new players thread:
copperwood wrote: 30 Jan 2017, 06:11 I just recently started a second game. The best tip I can give is to make a lot of money early on. To do this have your first couple of sims make enough money to build the Japanese Retreat house. You need 9000 simoleons.
Delete the second house and it's sim.
Build Japanese retreat.
Delete room by room. Items will go into inventory and you get money from deleting the rooms.
Don't forget to put outdoor water features into inventory or sell them (they are worth 5000 simoleons each)
Once you have everything valuable in your inventory and all the rooms deleted, demolish the lot.
Repeat this until you have enough money.

I did this till I had over a million. I also built the Neo Tokyo house a few times because I wanted the 3 star tv and some other items. With all the items going into inventory you can sell them later on.
But unless I'm missing something, I don't think this works once you have a few houses. Then they get a lot more expensive and take a long time to build.
jgray678
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by jgray678 »

Thanks for this! The person who told me about this said they sold/deleted all of the starter houses in their town to do this method. And kept deleting houses so they'd only have 2 or so until they made enough money. It sounds kind of pointless to me? So trying to wrap my head around the idea. Also open for any money-making suggestions. :)
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by copperwood »

jgray678 wrote: 08 Jul 2017, 02:50 Thanks for this! The person who told me about this said they sold/deleted all of the starter houses in their town to do this method. And kept deleting houses so they'd only have 2 or so until they made enough money. It sounds kind of pointless to me? So trying to wrap my head around the idea. Also open for any money-making suggestions. :)
You can get over a million this way in a couple hours. Building the second house in the game only takes 5 minutes and since you demolish the lot after clearing it, it takes the same 5 minutes next time. So it's great when you start out. I think I built the Japanese house over 30 times lol. But it won't work anymore once you have a few sims.
jgray678
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by jgray678 »

I see! I have like 15 sims. I could have more, I just don't have enough money to build any houses lol. I'm still working on building things on the island with life orbs. I stopped playing and recently started again. Do you think it's worth it to delete all my houses and kinda start over? And use this method to make money?
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by copperwood »

jgray678 wrote: 08 Jul 2017, 03:34 I see! I have like 15 sims. I could have more, I just don't have enough money to build any houses lol. I'm still working on building things on the island with life orbs. I stopped playing and recently started again. Do you think it's worth it to delete all my houses and kinda start over? And use this method to make money?
No, you would lose a lot of value by deleting all the houses you already have. Plus you would have to delete most of your sims.
jgray678
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by jgray678 »

Ohhh I see. Well I guess it'll be a good idea once I'm on my next game lol. Thank you for your advice!
Lishws720
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Lishws720 »

It really only works if you're down to the original first two houses. As you build more houses, they cost more and take longer. If you've just started out and have maybe 7 or 8 sims, and you want to have the babies line up right behind the parents in the simtracker, you could delete all sims except the first two (if they're married and living in the first house) and any babies they have (also living in the first house), then demo all houses down to the first one, and start rebuilding the second house over and over until you build up as many simoleons as you desire. The Japanese Retreat gives you the most bang for your simoleon buck, and you build up quite an inventory of three-star items. As copperwood said, the outdoor water features (as well as the samurai statue) sell for §5000 each. It takes a few hours to build, sell off rooms, clean up the outdoor area down to just the grass, demo, and rebuild about 30 or so times, but you will have lots of simoleons, big ticket items you can sell for quick simoleons, and an inventory filled with two- and three-star items! I credited minisaga for coming up with the idea in that same [TIPS] For New SFP Players thread in February 2016. It's a brilliant way to start a new game, or backtrack if you're not too far along in the game!
AliciaWS720 on Game Center: §418 mil town value, VIP 10, level 55. Started as a new game during the DIY update. Special thanks to all of you very creative people on this forum for inspiration in designing houses!

My game is fully updated on iOS.