LP Hoard

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
pandap4nts
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

LP Hoard

Post by pandap4nts »

Recalling the first time I reached 100 LP, I am surprised every time I look at my LP count now. It's far beyond what I used to imagine, yet I'm still somewhat stingy in using LP. Usually I try to keep it above a rather large number. What about you? How many LP do you usually try to keep? What motivates you use them, mostly?
Garage Update Gamecenter: pandap4nts 🐼
mockingbird288z

Re: LP Hoard

Post by mockingbird288z »

I currently have 13,500LP yet I'm also still stingy with my LP use. I'm actually trying to be more free with my LP use. I thought about it and realized that if I used 100LP on every new event/quest my current amount would get me through 135 events/quests. So I used LP to speed through the past two discovery quests and the teen life event (because I only have 2 teens). But I haven't used any LP on the Love is Blinds event.

My first goal back in the day was 1,000LP and I got to that sometime around September 2012. Then they added the ghost hunter hobby which at the time gave 17LPs in total for completing the grid and within the month of October I doubled the amount of LP they had. After that I tried never to get below 2,000. And then whenever I reached a new thousand that would become the new threshold I wouldn't go below. But now I would consider the threshold to be 10,000.

Time limits motivate me to use LP. :lol: Whether it's for a quest/event or a sale in the home store. A few months ago they brought back an old frisbee for 100LP. It cost 100LP back in 2012 but I refused to spend my LP on it but now I had enough LP that I was okay with blowing so much on a frisbee.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
HanaV47
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by HanaV47 »

I hardly ever seem to use LP anymore, but I also don't spend much time actively earning them so the number increases, but at a crawl. I think I'm at about 650 now after one year of playing. I needed them more before when I didn't have them, to get the time limited prizes for the original (non discovery) quests and hobbies. It seems to be more about SP these days.
GC: HanaV47
LVL 55
Pool Paradise Update
Simsaddict456
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Simsaddict456 »

I'm somewhere around 1000 at the moment 998 to be exact :) and I don't think I'm that stingy although I almost never use them to buy furniture but I spend them often in professions, I will have to use a few to finish love is blinds event and after I'm done with professions I will probably use them to complete monuments on the island
contrarysims
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by contrarysims »

I don't think I've ever had more than about 400 LP or SP at a time! My minimum is generally just 100 of each. At the moment I have 100 LP and 160SP. I've been going through a fair amount of LP lately rushing through events. Also using ultimate makeover on some sims whose names I had spelled wrong somehow when created them, or sims who are moving away from former partners.
HFN Community House, 2 Divers Way
HH Art school gallery, 3 Firehouse Road
pandap4nts
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by pandap4nts »

mockingbird288z wrote: 17 Jun 2017, 01:24 It cost 100LP back in 2012 but I refused to spend my LP on it but now I had enough LP that I was okay with blowing so much on a frisbee.
Ha, indeed! You earned that frisbee no doubt! That is amazing hoard; it's got me thinking of Scrooge McDuck's mountain of gold coins. :D
HanaV47 wrote: 17 Jun 2017, 05:43 It seems to be more about SP these days.
Yes, it does. I'm far too impatient to seriously grind for those, especially because when I'm playing I like to save my game so often. There's probably a thread about earning SP efficiently I should check out.
Simsaddict456 wrote: 17 Jun 2017, 07:52 I will probably use them to complete monuments on the island
That's a brilliant use, slogging away for all those resources manually is a drawn out affair. Maybe after I get to 2000+ LP I'll feel safe enough to make it happen.
contrarysims wrote: 17 Jun 2017, 08:08 Also using ultimate makeover on some sims whose names I had spelled wrong somehow when created them, or sims who are moving away from former partners.
Ha! Yes, some of my simcitizens could really use new names...but you know, that costs 12 LP! ;)
Garage Update Gamecenter: pandap4nts 🐼
penlopej
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by penlopej »

I am obsessed with getting LP. Stems from the beginning, about four and a half years ago when I first started playing. This was in the days before the weekly tasks. I remember one of the tasks was impossible for me to do and I didn't have the 5 LP's to progress so I was forced to buy some. I felt so guilty spending money on a game, I could laugh when I think of how much I now spend! Anyway since then I hoard and have about 7,000 on 2 of my games. It seems that all I do is cook, dive and occasionally ghost hunt. When I build houses it they are always tailored to the family they're built for. Sadly the family never gets to visit. I remember in the beginning my sims had a life now they are just LP slaves. C'est la vie.
JKCher
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by JKCher »

I'm around 4500. I'm still very stingy but like mockingbird, I'm trying to be a little freer with them, speeding up events, and the weekly goals. And also blowing them on crazy items. I remember making 500 my goal and I was never going to allow myself to go below that. I'd panic if I only had 500 now lol. I like to have lots in case I come to some event and have virtually no time to mess around with it.
I also have sims constantly working on gettin more with diving and the toddler playhouse and music hobby for babies. I do other hobbies from time to time but those I find easiest to manage and not feel I have to be in the game constantly. Sometimes I only check once a day.