Life Dreams: cannot change personality

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
contrarysims
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Life Dreams: cannot change personality

Post by contrarysims »

I'm just figuring out this whole Life Dreams and personalities business. I have been able to assign personalities to most of my sims, and to change them as many times as I like to get the Life Dreams options I preferred.
However, only one couple cannot change their personalities. I get a message: "this Sim cannot change their personality in this location. Send them home and try again." But they are at their home. I have tried force quitting and reopening the game, restarting my device, sending them to the park and then back home again, but still the same message. There is a baby on the way at the house, could that be causing it? I'm not sure why that would make the game think they aren't at home. Has anyone else ever experienced this?
HFN Community House, 2 Divers Way
HH Art school gallery, 3 Firehouse Road
ErinPW

Re: Life Dreams: cannot change personality

Post by ErinPW »

In my game this happens at the Wizard's Cottage on a small lot. It seems the game doesn't recognize it's a sim's home and not the special quest location.

If your family lives on a Wizard's template, you may want to send a help request to the Firemonkeys. To resolve it on your own you'll have to wait until the baby is born and then move the family to another house, which is pretty expensive :(
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
contrarysims
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by contrarysims »

Yes, it is a remodelled wizards cottage. What a pain! I might just do the moving house trick, rather than wait around for firemonkies to answer my ticket. Thanks for the suggestions.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

contrarysims wrote: 12 Jun 2017, 08:15 Yes, it is a remodelled wizards cottage. What a pain! I might just do the moving house trick, rather than wait around for firemonkies to answer my ticket. Thanks for the suggestions.
You're welcome!
iOS 17.4.1

SIMazing
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by SIMazing »

They don't have to be at their own home to get a new personality, but just on a home lot. Send them to another sim's home lot, and make sure they aren't busy.
HFN 1: Starter House with haunted upstairs, 1 firepole: (22 West Side)
HFN 2 -Clue House with 4 firepoles: on island behind Tempest of Bliss (3 Bliss Drive)
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

SIMazing wrote: 12 Jun 2017, 13:59 They don't have to be at their own home to get a new personality, but just on a home lot. Send them to another sim's home lot, and make sure they aren't busy.
Thank you for this, SIMazing!

I didn't work on lifedreams for so long already, so I didn't think far enough *facepalm* :oops:
iOS 17.4.1

contrarysims
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by contrarysims »

SIMazing wrote: 12 Jun 2017, 13:59 They don't have to be at their own home to get a new personality, but just on a home lot. Send them to another sim's home lot, and make sure they aren't busy.
It worked! Thanks, I probably wouldn't have tried that, since the message implied they have to be at their own home. Now they can save those moving costs to spend on the new baby! :D
SIMazing
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by SIMazing »

You're both welcome. :D
HFN 1: Starter House with haunted upstairs, 1 firepole: (22 West Side)
HFN 2 -Clue House with 4 firepoles: on island behind Tempest of Bliss (3 Bliss Drive)