Crash on launch after Penthouse update

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
Nkara
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: Crash on launch after every update

Post by Nkara »

I have the same problem. Tried deleting any other app, restarting my iPad but the problem remains.
There's an article on Firemonkeys on the subject, can be followed here: https://help.firemonkeys.com.au/hc/en-u ... est+update

Hope they fix it really soon. :\
Game Center: Luckymoneyfrog
HFN on 22 Westside (starter house)
Simslover38917
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Sims update start up problem

Post by Simslover38917 »

I recently updated to the new penthouse update. Now my sims freeplay won't start up and I have deleted and reinstalled the game and restarted after downloading but nothing seems to work. I click on it and get the EA logo but after 10 seconds it just exits back to my home screen. Would anyone be able to help? What can I do?
ErinPW

Re: Crash on launch after Penthouse update

Post by ErinPW »

Simslover38917 wrote: 07 Jun 2017, 07:21 I recently updated to the new penthouse update. Now my sims freeplay won't start up and I have deleted and reinstalled the game and restarted after downloading but nothing seems to work. I click on it and get the EA logo but after 10 seconds it just exits back to my home screen. Would anyone be able to help? What can I do?
I have moved your post to an existing topic about the game crashing with the update. At the post above your's there is a link to an article at the Firemonkeys Help Center.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
warior
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: Sims update start up problem

Post by warior »

Simslover38917 wrote: 07 Jun 2017, 07:21 I recently updated to the new penthouse update. Now my sims freeplay won't start up and I have deleted and reinstalled the game and restarted after downloading but nothing seems to work. I click on it and get the EA logo but after 10 seconds it just exits back to my home screen. Would anyone be able to help? What can I do?
https://help.firemonkeys.com.au/hc/en-u ... est+update
- Some players have reported that after many tries of force quitting and reopening that they can eventually get in - worked for me on Android.
MoltresRider
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by MoltresRider »

I did all that too but sadly it didn't work for me
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

I was having the same problem on my galaxy tab 2. Uninstalling and reinstalling didn't help but clearing the data and cache is what finally worked for me. Fortunately I always save to the cloud before updating so I didn't lose any progress. The game works fine now for me.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Nkara
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Nkara »

It worked for me now, to just keep force quitting and trying to launch the game. Suddenly it started after trying over and over again.
Before that I had cleaned up and deleted apps I'm not using as well as photos. Not sure if that had anything to do with it, but it actually worked to just keep trying to launch the game.
Game Center: Luckymoneyfrog
HFN on 22 Westside (starter house)
MoltresRider
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Where's that update that Firemonkeys said was rolling out?

Post by MoltresRider »

three days ago, the reply to my wife, my sister, and I's trouble tickets was that there was a "hot fix" update being pushed out to fix the crashing problem. Three days later, still no update! What, did they make a false claim of an update push?! It is one thing if only one of us did not get the update, but all three of us? and we all, (except my sister) have multiple accounts. Not a single update!

Where this so called "update"?
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

MoltresRider wrote: 09 Jun 2017, 12:53 three days ago, the reply to my wife, my sister, and I's trouble tickets was that there was a "hot fix" update being pushed out to fix the crashing problem. Three days later, still no update! What, did they make a false claim of an update push?! It is one thing if only one of us did not get the update, but all three of us? and we all, (except my sister) have multiple accounts. Not a single update!

Where this so called "update"?
I have moved your post to the topic regarding game crashes at the Penthouse update.

There is no update, yet. The most recent informations can be found at the Firemonkeys' Help Center. The link has been postet several times at this topic.

If you are not satisfied with the Firemonkeys' response, please don't hesitate to contact them again.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
MoltresRider
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by MoltresRider »

There are thousands upon thousands of so called "fixes" people have posted at various places, sadly not a single one is an actual working fix! :( None of which actually work. Even the Firemonkeys article is not a working fix.