Does anyone know about the first person view?

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
Simsaddict456
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: Does anyone know about the first person view?

Post by Simsaddict456 »

ErinPW wrote: 03 May 2017, 17:50
JaneRoettinger wrote: 03 May 2017, 17:40
ilovethesims wrote: 25 Apr 2017, 17:34 What's this! I just saw this in the app store description and saw this:
See here: viewtopic.php?p=62158#p62158
Thank you, Jane! I have merged the related posts into this topic now :)
Thank you, I'm sorry I posted in the current changes thread, it really was pretty offtopic, especially since all the articles about tango ar are at least two months old. It was always pretty obvious from the trailers that firemonkeys have some internal tools that allow them to record the game in first person perspective, but I am still surprised that they polished it enough to make an ar game. I actually have no idea if the first person view is already available to some people or if there is no phone currently on the market that is able to support it, does anyone know?
contrarysims
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by contrarysims »

I was confused by this too. That little note in the play store is super vague and a google search for "tango" brings up nothing relevant of course. It looks really exciting, shame it's only available on some devices so far.
HFN Community House, 2 Divers Way
HH Art school gallery, 3 Firehouse Road
MoltresRider
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by MoltresRider »

How do I do this? This topic only talks about the first person view but provides no instructions on how to do the first person view.
JakeSim
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by JakeSim »

MoltresRider wrote: 22 May 2017, 11:50 How do I do this? This topic only talks about the first person view but provides no instructions on how to do the first person view.
Well if you have the Lenovo Phab 2 Pro you must have the instructions in the device itself about installing apps and using the AR. Otherwise me particularly I'm not too familiar with the function of that phone since I don't own one sorry. Maybe someone else can provide a step by step guide.
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by copperwood »

MoltresRider wrote: 22 May 2017, 11:50 How do I do this? This topic only talks about the first person view but provides no instructions on how to do the first person view.
There's currently only 1 device that supports Tango. The one mentioned in the post above. Asus Zenfone AR is supposed to come out in the summer and I read that Moto Z may get a mod that supports Tango. I'm sure there'll be lots of more devices supporting it within a year.

They should have mentioned that you need a Tango augmented reality capable device.
marcx
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

First person view? (android)

Post by marcx »

Is this a thing? I heard about the tango but I don't know how that works. Is there anyway for me to be able to just walk around in my Sims house?
mockingbird288z

Re: First person view? (android)

Post by mockingbird288z »

marcx wrote: 03 Apr 2018, 22:33 Is this a thing? I heard about the tango but I don't know how that works. Is there anyway for me to be able to just walk around in my Sims house?
Hi, I've moved your post to the a topic about Tango. You need a device that supports Tango to be able to use it. As far as I know there were only a few devices that supported Tango.

A quick search for "Google Tango" brought me to the wiki page for it which states:
On 15 December 2017, Google announced that they will be turning down support for Tango on March 1, 2018, in favor of ARCore
The developmental status is listed as "discontinued".
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update