Lot Demolition

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Lot Demolition

Post by Butterfly »

I'm sure many us have spent a great deal of time on building houses. But, when new lot templates are available...some of us demolish the lot for the new template. I have.

I'm just curious as to all of the other reasons you guys demolish lots and how often??

What size homes do you build?

How many rooms?

Which items used most throughout your town?

I'm in demolition feeling mode...sort of [time consuming].
MidnightGamer
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: Lot Demolition

Post by MidnightGamer »

Haven't demolished anything yet - but if I did it would be to get rid of one of my horrible house, 20+ dark ring dishes all over the house, at this point I don't want to clean them.
BlueIndian
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by BlueIndian »

I usually build architect homes for rare stuffs orLP cars like luxury car, scifi, or hearse...then demolish it or modify it according to my sims..
Right now I have a house made by me which shows object cap reached...I'll demolish it if a new template comes...
MidnightGamer
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by MidnightGamer »

BlueIndian wrote: 17 Aug 2017, 04:31 I usually build architect homes for rare stuffs orLP cars like luxury car, scifi, or hearse...then demolish it or modify it according to my sims..
Right now I have a house made by me which shows object cap reached...I'll demolish it if a new template comes...
When you mean "object cap" - is there a cap to how many items in one house? I have 3 courtesy houses and the rest are barebones for sims basic living (basic unfurnished home with a singing salmon). Or are you perhaps talking about inventory cap?
BlueIndian
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by BlueIndian »

MidnightGamer wrote: 17 Aug 2017, 06:02
BlueIndian wrote: 17 Aug 2017, 04:31 I usually build architect homes for rare stuffs orLP cars like luxury car, scifi, or hearse...then demolish it or modify it according to my sims..
When you mean "object cap" - is there a cap to how many items in one house? I have 3 courtesy houses and the rest are barebones for sims basic living (basic unfurnished home with a singing salmon). Or are you perhaps talking about inventory cap?
Not inventory cap...
Due to object cap I'm unable to place any item which is not already placed in that house...happened to me first time 3 days back..it happens when you use different types of items in same house.
Atheletic Brownie
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Atheletic Brownie »

I did a major clean-up of my town a while ago so I can keep Architect homes I like (and because pool-cleaning was a hassle). I've moved in most of my similar Sims together; the professionals, the hobbyists, and my main Sim family (and preserved them with life orbs). Everyone else I've left to grow old and die, then demolished their homes. If there's something unique in an architect home, like the 1 square palm tree, but it's not a design I like, I'll build, take items I want and delete it.
The object cap is something else entirely. There is a limit to the number of unique items you can have on a given lot. Once you hit the object cap, you can place more copies of existing items, but you cannot introduce new items to the lot unless you remove all copies of one item from the lot. So you can have 500 'White Living Chairs' but you cannot have 500 different items, and if the game states that the object cap is reached, then you'll have to continue decorating with whatever you've already placed. (only relates to items you can place, furniture, stairs, fittings, windows and small objects. Wallpapers, flooring, balconies & patios are unaffected)

NB I've been playing for about 5 years so I don't enjoy building much anymore, not till they introduce something revolutionary. I'm also at level 55 and only play during events, so my priorities may be different from yours.
LovemySims
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by LovemySims »

I am always demolishing my Sim homes as sometimes I see them and think they are awful so I need to get rid of them and rebuild. I am currently in the middle of re building the houses in my town as I have gone off a lot of the houses I previously built and want to have some better houses up. I like the building, decorating aspect of the game, so I enjoy doing this. Sometimes I struggle to find the time from my real life to dedicate to decorating a house though.

I also will build an architect home if there are items in there I like but then I will delete all rooms and demolish the house then build my own.
I do wish they would let us build different shaped rooms etc and place furniture diagonally.
Goldfinch 3
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Goldfinch 3 »

A way to remove an object cap in a house is to carefully edit the house for 1 item you don't feel is necessary to be there. Also, change all toilets, sinks, doors and windows, etc. to the exact same type which drops the object cap off the house.
GC: Goldfinch 3
Level 55-Holiday Francais
HFN: 3 Star located at Starter House.
HH(s): 1 on Island as well as 2 on Mainland
MidnightGamer
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by MidnightGamer »

Atheletic Brownie wrote: 17 Aug 2017, 07:31 I did a major clean-up of my town a while ago so I can keep Architect homes I like (and because pool-cleaning was a hassle). I've moved in most of my similar Sims together; the professionals, the hobbyists, and my main Sim family (and preserved them with life orbs). Everyone else I've left to grow old and die, then demolished their homes. If there's something unique in an architect home, like the 1 square palm tree, but it's not a design I like, I'll build, take items I want and delete it.
The object cap is something else entirely. There is a limit to the number of unique items you can have on a given lot. Once you hit the object cap, you can place more copies of existing items, but you cannot introduce new items to the lot unless you remove all copies of one item from the lot. So you can have 500 'White Living Chairs' but you cannot have 500 different items, and if the game states that the object cap is reached, then you'll have to continue decorating with whatever you've already placed. (only relates to items you can place, furniture, stairs, fittings, windows and small objects. Wallpapers, flooring, balconies & patios are unaffected)

NB I've been playing for about 5 years so I don't enjoy building much anymore, not till they introduce something revolutionary. I'm also at level 55 and only play during events, so my priorities may be different from yours.
I'm just making sure this is just the 'inventory' slot and perhaps (?) the items on a lot. So the inventory cap is 500 TOTAL items, or is that just an example?
Simsaddict456
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Simsaddict456 »

MidnightGamer wrote: 16 Nov 2017, 23:42
I'm just making sure this is just the 'inventory' slot and perhaps (?) the items on a lot. So the inventory cap is 500 TOTAL items, or is that just an example?
Furniture inventory in the sims freeplay has no limit in the number of items it can store, however number of unique items on one separate lot for a house is limited at the object cap, (not sure how much it is). I hope this makes things clearer :)