Ongoing Crashes And Resets

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
Debbilu_7
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Ongoing Crashes And Resets

Post by Debbilu_7 »

Before the latest update, I was getting a lot of random crashes that would reset all my sims actions and put the reindeer in inappropriate places. They seemed to stop with the update and I was, fortunately, able to collect all my flowers but, in the last few days, it has started again.
It is different now in that it happens every time I enter a specific houseboat. I've been working around it--took out stairs to at least keep the reindeer at ground level (I have one stuck in the sauna wall right now :roll: ) and only visiting it at the end of the day when everyone else is idle. The crash also removes the option to pick up babies (but random, not all babies...I had one who could be picked up by mom but not dad.)
About 10 days ago, I gave this lot some Christmas decorations and a puppy to replace their dog that relocated but it didn't start until awhile after that and nothing else has changed on that lot. It doesn't make any difference whether I go through the map or Simtracker.
This particular boat always has rain (Noah Zark is the owner ;) ) and I've wondered if coming from a snowy lot makes any difference but I'm grasping at straws here. I have somebody growing pumpkins at a neighbour's right now so I can't save and experiment for several hours....
Has anyone else ever had a location specific problem like this?
Updated town info in profile
Debbilu_7
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: Ongoing Crashes And Resets

Post by Debbilu_7 »

For the benefit of anyone else who might experience losing the option to pick up infants....when that crash occurred, many sims were at work. It stopped their shifts, not paying them but counting the shift as having worked that day so they couldn't return.
The sims that lost the "pick up infant/cry for sim" option had the police/hospital/studio jobs. They could only do the old options while the baby was in its bed (cuddle, entertain etc.) Sims with the old jobs could still access all the options. Once the professional sims completed another full shift, they got the full list of tasks back.
Debbilu_7
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Debbilu_7 »

The crashes continue...I was in the middle of resetting with the last one and now, after trying for an hour and a half, I can't load my game at all.
In desperation, I reinstalled my game on my old iPad. I wasn't logged into Facebook on my android game so I figured I would be getting a save at least a week old but, much to my happy surprise, it loaded my latest Google save. :D A bit confused about that but I'll take the win!!
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Debbilu_7 wrote:The crashes continue...I was in the middle of resetting with the last one and now, after trying for an hour and a half, I can't load my game at all.
In desperation, I reinstalled my game on my old iPad. I wasn't logged into Facebook on my android game so I figured I would be getting a save at least a week old but, much to my happy surprise, it loaded my latest Google save. :D A bit confused about that but I'll take the win!!
Phew! Glad you didn't lose progress. While playing on my android phone, my game has crashed and refused to load up several times since the last update. It gets to the screen with the list of sims that finished tasks and crashes.

My only fix was to uninstall SFP, reinstall and reload my game. Twice it has said my most recent save was 18 hours to more than a day old, although I'd recently saved. I was feeling bummed about losing progress, but when it loaded, both times it was the recent save. Irritating and time consuming but at least I didn't lose progress. I am saving VERY frequently.
Debbilu_7
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Debbilu_7 »

I've reinstalled a couple of times...I'm playing on my poor old iPad which is really slow but at least it's stable! I had the whole town under snow so I've switched everybody back to blue skies which made it run a bit quicker. Once everybody is finished their tasks for the day, I'm going to save through Facebook and try to download that onto my android. I'm fine on the iPad if it comes to that but I just put money in my google account and I hate to think if it stuck there lol!
TBD-36
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by TBD-36 »

My game has reset itself 5 times today, I save often but I wasn't able to this morning bc I was in the middle of a 12 hour neighbor task that I should have completed with LP in order to save at the point I started the Ice Sculpting hobby. Also I have been lax a couple of times and allowed my phone screen to time out while in the middle of assigning tasks (without saving) and lost a whole bunch of progress. I'm frustrated.
EricaSFP
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by EricaSFP »

This has been happening to me too. I often switch apps while playing and usually don't have problems with crashing but since this last update, I have had several crashes. My first crash came while doing the recent SimTown Market event to get the Unicorn Painting missing from my Android game. I had 2 more crashes today while doing the Sculpting Hobby event. I used a TON of LPs to finish this event today and saved immediately since I did not want this to happen again. I have informed FM about the constant crashing.
EricaSFP
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by EricaSFP »

Oh, and I used 2 Time Extensions for this event. The first one was lost when the game crashed this morning when I first began the event. I replaced it with the second extension which just ran out before the second crash a few minutes ago.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

EricaSFP wrote: 21 Jan 2017, 01:15 Oh, and I used 2 Time Extensions for this event. The first one was lost when the game crashed this morning when I first began the event. I replaced it with the second extension which just ran out before the second crash a few minutes ago.
So good advice would be to save right after using time extension. Good tip.
EricaSFP
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by EricaSFP »

I tried that and the game crashed lol