I just accidentally lost 55 LP by hammering the "trade resources" button without looking, ugh.

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
elephantwearingahat
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

I just accidentally lost 55 LP by hammering the "trade resources" button without looking, ugh.

Post by elephantwearingahat »

And my last save was 18 hours ago. I hate myself so much right now.
G+: CrimsonYellow

Lvl 52, Christmas '16 Update
HFN: Starter
Haunted: 1 East Oceanside

Built (but not completed): All monuments, Goddess, Arcade, Carnival, Camp, All workplaces
Completed: Romance Island, Snow Park, Restaurant, Mall, Beach
mockingbird288z

Re: I just accidentally lost 55 LP by hammering the "trade resources" button without looking, ugh.

Post by mockingbird288z »

This just happened to me, too. Except it was about 220 LPs. :shock:

On the Doctor and previous updates you would get a pop up saying you didn't have the required amount of resources for a trade and would you like to use LPs. This doesn't happen on the Halloween Update so everyone, please be careful!

Thankfully I had saved my game an hour before and was able to reset it to get my LPs back.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
alligatorade52
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: I just accidentally lost 55 LP by hammering the "trade resources" button without looking, ugh.

Post by alligatorade52 »

I did this last night, with about 200 LPs, and my save was almost a full day previous. I lost progress on the market place event, Halloween event (which I did last year but didn't finish because of collecting candies, ugh) and badges for 4 sims. I weighed the pros and cons of keeping or resetting and decided to reset and lose all that progress. I don't regret resetting, but I am definitely still kicking myself for that one.
Level 55; Penthouse Update
Uri888
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Uri888 »

Same thing happened to me. I lost at least 200 lp but decided not to reset since I didn't want to lose my progress. I'm still bummed about it and I'll definitely pay more attention next time I'm trading resources.
SimTillTheEnd
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by SimTillTheEnd »

Me too! Super bummed. Had to not look at my lp total for a few hours.
bloodredroses01
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bloodredroses01 »

:o :shock: :? Makes me very grateful that I only lost a few LPs. I only hit one extra time (I tend to sell resources in multiples of 5) because I turned out to be only short one. I was annoyed that I'd spent them when I didn't mean to and was wondering how it happened. Now I know why and it ticks me off majorly that they removed the pop-up. Way to go FM! Any way to try to make players spend real money! :evil: :twisted: :evil:
Morgan Rose
GameCenter: BloodRedRoses01 (not that it matters)
Party of the Decade update
a_strange_occurrence
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by a_strange_occurrence »

alligatorade52 wrote:I did this last night, with about 200 LPs, and my save was almost a full day previous. I lost progress on the market place event, Halloween event (which I did last year but didn't finish because of collecting candies, ugh) and badges for 4 sims. I weighed the pros and cons of keeping or resetting and decided to reset and lose all that progress. I don't regret resetting, but I am definitely still kicking myself for that one.
How do you reset your game? And I never knew you could save a game's progress manually. How do you save your game? I accidentally lost 25 SPs just now by pressing the Quartz Event Spin Plant Coin Flower Patch, the one that says "Social Points for Constructor Coins." I am so pissed off because SPs are harder to come by than LPs (more expensive too) and I never really cared for this particular spa event.
HordePrime
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by HordePrime »

a_strange_occurrence wrote:How do you reset your game? And I never knew you could save a game's progress manually. How do you save your game? I accidentally lost 25 SPs just now by pressing the Quartz Event Spin Plant Coin Flower Patch, the one that says "Social Points for Constructor Coins." I am so pissed off because SPs are harder to come by than LPs (more expensive too) and I never really cared for this particular spa event.
See here.
a_strange_occurrence
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by a_strange_occurrence »

HordePrime wrote:
a_strange_occurrence wrote:How do you reset your game? And I never knew you could save a game's progress manually. How do you save your game? I accidentally lost 25 SPs just now by pressing the Quartz Event Spin Plant Coin Flower Patch, the one that says "Social Points for Constructor Coins." I am so pissed off because SPs are harder to come by than LPs (more expensive too) and I never really cared for this particular spa event.
See here.
Thank you for the link. I went and read through it but it doesn't say if you actually get back any LPs or SPs spent since the last save?? And also, if you've already visited the party boat since spending your LPs does that mean you've saved over your previous data and can't retrieve the LPs?
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by copperwood »

If you tap on the cloud icon, it tells you on the bottom bar how long ago your last save was. If that time was before you spent the LP's or SP's, you'll have them back.