Help with cloud not updating

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
Ellorienne
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Help with cloud not updating

Post by Ellorienne »

I have 2 devices, both androids using Google Play Games to connect. I have saved both games to the cloud. However when I visit my second town, the save is an old version and not the recent save. I have wet stinky sims everywhere and an unhappy dog. Is it a glitch? Is there something I can do?
Deedee
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: Help with cloud not updating

Post by Deedee »

Are you saving your game on one device and then downloading it as a safe copy onto the second device (this is what I do) or are they two separate games?

The game save only does one save game per account... it wouldn't save them both like it knows they're separate devices. It should just be doing the most recent upload that you've sent, so possibly one game keeps missing out and going stale.

You can save multiple games by using different save accounts.
Ellorienne
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Re: Help with cloud not updating

Post by Ellorienne »

They were two separate games on two separate accounts on two separate devices. In the end I restarted the one that wasn't updating. I had built too many buildings too early anyhow, and decided a different strategy would be more fruitful (I found this forum). I think in the end it somehow had switched to yet another (inactive) account on the device and was saving to that one instead.I've had quite a few problems with google play accounts since my phone updated to the marshmallow system, so I'm supposing it was due to that. Fingers crossed that I don't run across the same problem again.