Question re playing multiple games on multiple devices

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Question re playing multiple games on multiple devices

Post by SKatF »

Sounds like some players have more than one game, presumably on more than one device. I hoping for advice from them. During a time limited event recently one of my devices wouldn't boot up. Call it game 1 on device 1. I considered loading last save of game 1 on device 2 belonging to a family member by logging in with my Facebook id but was afraid it would overwrite SFP game 2 already on device 2. Is there a way to preserve both game 1 and game 2 if you temporarily have to use one device?
JakeSim
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: Question re playing multiple games on multiple devices

Post by JakeSim »

Hey this is my first post! Ok,I know there's a way to play both games at a time in just one device,this is for Android I don't know about iOS. If you have an Android device running some of the recent updates you can add an additional user and download Sfp as if it were a different device, all this at the cost of more memory space. I hope this is helpfull for you if you're on Android. The other option would be to save one of the games to a different Facebook account and download it to another new device.
chamilet
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by chamilet »

I play one game on my iPad and one on my iPhone, but sometimes I only have one device available. I use Game Center, not Facebook to save my games so I just have several Game Center accounts and log on and off of those to switch between games (making sure to save to the cloud before resetting.)
GC = chamilet (Glee characters) Please mention Sims
GC = LeslieGurun76 (Whovian characters) Please mention Sims
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Thanks for replies. I will be nervous to try the first time. Maybe I will try to load SFP on an old device to save as back up in case I make a mistake. I only would want to do this if I have another device failure, not as a regular practice.
mzwpg
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by mzwpg »

Ok, SFP geniuses I have a question. Can i play the same game on multiple i pads and delete half of my town on one game so i can do the new update without my original game being affected?
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

mzwpg wrote: 18 Jun 2018, 18:38 Ok, SFP geniuses I have a question. Can i play the same game on multiple i pads and delete half of my town on one game so i can do the new update without my original game being affected?
I think only if you have the split game saved to two separate accounts.
penlopej
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by penlopej »

I have 3 games and multiple devices! I never throw old ones away and if I can purloin old devices from family members I do so. I have lost the game on more than a few occasions and that sense of loss is ridiculously unbearable so saving the game to another device means I never truly lose one of my towns. I only have one GC account but two FB accounts. I save my “main” game on one FB account but I live dangerously with the other two as they share the same FB account. It’s very fiddly and you need to stay alert when swapping towns which I have to do frequently as only two of my devices are actually “new” enough to be able to play the game.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

penlopej wrote: 02 Jul 2018, 12:28 I have 3 games and multiple devices! I never throw old ones away and if I can purloin old devices from family members I do so. I have lost the game on more than a few occasions and that sense of loss is ridiculously unbearable so saving the game to another device means I never truly lose one of my towns. I only have one GC account but two FB accounts. I save my “main” game on one FB account but I live dangerously with the other two as they share the same FB account. It’s very fiddly and you need to stay alert when swapping towns which I have to do frequently as only two of my devices are actually “new” enough to be able to play the game.
I didn't know you could link two separate games to one Facebook account
chamilet
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by chamilet »

SKatF wrote: 02 Jul 2018, 21:40
penlopej wrote: 02 Jul 2018, 12:28 I have 3 games and multiple devices! I never throw old ones away and if I can purloin old devices from family members I do so. I have lost the game on more than a few occasions and that sense of loss is ridiculously unbearable so saving the game to another device means I never truly lose one of my towns. I only have one GC account but two FB accounts. I save my “main” game on one FB account but I live dangerously with the other two as they share the same FB account. It’s very fiddly and you need to stay alert when swapping towns which I have to do frequently as only two of my devices are actually “new” enough to be able to play the game.
I didn't know you could link two separate games to one Facebook account
I can see how you could, but it would be dangerous. Basically, you wouldn't be relying on FB for backing up your game, you'd only use it to move your game if you needed to or backing up a specific game for a moment while you tried something out. You'd have to remember to back up the game you're currently playing first, make your change and then restore the game and make sure when you go to a new device that you don't restore from FB or you'll be overwriting with a different game.
GC = chamilet (Glee characters) Please mention Sims
GC = LeslieGurun76 (Whovian characters) Please mention Sims
penlopej
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by penlopej »

I only change games every three or four days, usually for the weekly tasks. I never do it for a short period and I transfer the current game to one of my ancient devices. Then I upload the second game and then download it to the original device. I don’t think I could do it at all if I didn’t have spare devices. It’s certainly requires my concentration.