How many Sims should I add to my town?

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
SimMom
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

How many Sims should I add to my town?

Post by SimMom »

I'm learning so much about strategy from this forum, I thought someone here might have some wisdom to share. I'm level 17 and I'm allowed 16 sims at this stage. However, when I visit other towns through the party boat, none of them seem to have maximum numbers of sims. I have visited all 19 of my neighbor towns; some of them have towns worth many millions of dollars - but 15 sims is the most I've seen in any town above level 25. Is there a benefit to NOT having the maximum allowable number of sims that hasn't occurred to me? Thanks for your advice!
Delphine
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Re: How many Sims should I add to my town?

Post by Delphine »

Wooow ! It is very rare to find towns where people don't have the maximum number of sims :)
I don't see any reason not to have full sims, except if you run out of money and can't buy enough houses to receive new sims :)
As long as they are free, add the sims you are allowed, they earn more money and LP for you ;)

I am level 55, therefore i have 34 sims. It is enough for me bécause it takes time to look after them, but it less would be less profitable to get money...
FB : Catalina Delphine (look for the squirrel ;) )
GC : DelphOrka
Updated, everything built but the volcano
(Please, don't look at my mistakes in English, my French iPad always puts capital letters and accents everywhere)
minisaga
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by minisaga »

None of my neighbours have more than about 15, either. At 27 sims, mine is the most populous town I see. I suppose people just have what they can comfortably manage.
HFN is by the fire station.
MimLady
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by MimLady »

I'm level 55 and have 26 sims which I have immortalised with platinum orbs. Basically they are all reincarnations of the ones I had before the life dreams/ death etc was introduced, and I made sure I had a couple or more of each age range so I could do any quest that came up.
I did work to have enough platinum orbs to save 6 more of my original sims but I changed my mind, so those ones just visit occasionally then go off on a "cruise". The reason I changed my mind was because I found I quite like to have some spare places so that I can introduce new sims to do quests. (So at the moment I have Jane Torvill and Christopher Dean doing the skating quest.)
DelDel
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by DelDel »

I too am on level 55 so I have the max 34 sims. However, from when I first started playing, I have always had the max amount of sims the game would allow at each level. I really don't know why you wouldn't. At the very least they are gaining XP & simoleons for you which in turn helps you level up, which in turn gives you LP's.

If you don't have enough money for a new house, just have 2 sims move in together as roommates. Then you will have an empty house to add a new sim for free!
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

Wow, I have 34, and would love to have about 45. I hate having all the empty houses.
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
tigertigercait
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by tigertigercait »

I almost never have my max number of Sims because I'm letting most of mine live out their lives and die and therefore my number of Sims depends on who's just been born and who's just died in which families. I'm usually down three or four from max at any time.
Neighbor info is on my profile here!