Fastest ways to make money?

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
Pastell
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Fastest ways to make money?

Post by Pastell »

I'm new to this game and I want to find out fast ways to make good money/simoleons. Fast meaning, an hour or less. (Without paying real money!)
It doesn't matter if it's early or late in the game, just tell me something and I can work towards it :?

Ways I already know:
-sending sims to work (takes forever though)
-simoleon sprout

Yes, this came is kind of consuming me... I should be caring more about more productive things like writing my fanfictions :roll:
DelDel
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Re: Fastest ways to make money?

Post by DelDel »

If you're going to be checking in every hour, I would plant watermelon. You get $256 for an hour long task. The best method is to have as many sims as you can spare planting at the same time. For times when you are sleeping/inactive choose something like beans which take 9 hours and give you $1260.

Also don't send your sims to their jobs when you are actively playing. Wait until night time or whenever it is you don't play as much. It can seem slow going but every bit adds up.

I found by far the best job for making simoleons is Actor. Once you reach level 5, you receive $1860 for only 5 hours of work.

And don't forget to check your mailbox every 24 hours...it's can be a nice chunk of simoleons each day!
nikigunn
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by nikigunn »

I used to have my Sims garden or earn LP when I was new. I sent them to work when I went to sleep. Watermelon is a good crop. You earn the most with the free peppers, and carrots and corn are cost effective as well. If you buy them at the supermarket most are slightly discounted and your town value goes up a tiny bit, which boosts the daily reward. Quick finishing hobbies can net simoleons as well as LP, such as ghost hunting, cooking, diving. I also looked at the rewards for the main quest and decided which prizes I didn't care if I had and stopped working when I got to those quests to build up simoleons.
HFN -- 2 Museum Blvd (4 story), 22 West Side (1 story)
HH -- 10 West Side
Delphine
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by Delphine »

I send 25 sims for five hours to work (as actors) and they reward me 2790 simoleons each. You absolutly need to watch them while they are leaving the lot until they have completely gone otherwise you Will be granted less for the job.
When they're not at work, mâke them garden. The shorter the time crop is, the most profitable it is (not always true but almost). If you leave the game for a few minutes, choose the corn. If you need an hour, do prefer the watermelons. As for the night, i'd rather garden onions than Green beens.

I Will send you a pM to help you optimise this strategy.
FB : Catalina Delphine (look for the squirrel ;) )
GC : DelphOrka
Updated, everything built but the volcano
(Please, don't look at my mistakes in English, my French iPad always puts capital letters and accents everywhere)
Lishws720
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Lishws720 »

I'm a big fan of the cooking hobby. I like to create two "cook houses" with ten sims each, all of them grinding out cheese and tomato on toast. Your sims rank up in the hobby fairly fast, and once they reach the top, I reset them by getting them to do another hobby for ten minutes (diving, fishing, or fashion design).

They get simoleons, XP, sometimes resources, and most important (to me) LP. The best part with two cook houses is this: by the time you get one house to pop the bubbles, clean up and start cooking again, the other house is ready to pop, clean, and cook. You can go back and forth between the two and quickly collect lots of goodies. I can post some of my house set-ups to give you an idea of how they work, if you like.
AliciaWS720 on Game Center: §418 mil town value, VIP 10, level 55. Started as a new game during the DIY update. Special thanks to all of you very creative people on this forum for inspiration in designing houses!

My game is fully updated on iOS.