Can you get rid of the Grim Reaper?

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
blackbrit
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Can you get rid of the Grim Reaper?

Post by blackbrit »

Let me first mention that I know some of you here like the Grim Reaper. I know EA developers like him. They also have liked giving male athletes afros so they can go to "work", and teachers tin hats, also for work. But I digress...

I stopped playing about a year ago, maybe more, but am playing again. Here's my dilemma. I want to avoid the Grim Reaper hanging out while my Sims cook - which is my elder Sims' favorite hobby. :D

I'm sure someone has experience with this. So far, I just trap him downstairs and am very careful bringing Sims in and out of the cooking hobby area so he can't get in. They go upstairs, and I give them a head start. GR is still there, but less obnoxious - to me. ;)

To get rid of him, do I:
a. Have to kill all my elders?
b. Will he go away if I give elders immortality?

I look forward to your experiences with this. And those of you who like him - please just ignore me. :geek:
L 55, Easter Update
HFN, #2 Firehouse RD.
Haunted House #20 West Side. Pre-built HH @ #1 Firehouse RD.
"C" for 74 cats, "R" for 80 reindeer; See map view
GC: blackbrit.1
For GC: Mention Hay Day or SFP
MimLady
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: Can you get rid of the Grim Reaper?

Post by MimLady »

To some extent, the answer to your question depends on what you want to do in your game. If you have enough platinum orbs and wish to immortalise all your seniors with them, then the grim reaper will be gone. But if you have any seniors who are not immortal then the grim reaper will appear at a particular point in their senior cycle and stay until they die. Then he will disappear until the next time a non-immortal senior reaches that point .... And so on.
I am sure there were complaints in the past about how soon in the senior cycle the grim reaper appeared. I thought EA altered this so it was right near the end. My game is mostly with immortal sims but I quite often bring in extras to do quests and then let them live out their life cycle; I'm getting the impression with the latest update (patios and basements) that he seems to be appearing early again. Has anyone else had the same impression or am I just mis-remembering?
blackbrit
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by blackbrit »

The only information I can add to your observations is that none of my current senior sims are in the "red zone" in their life cycle. The Grim Reaper has been stalking them since at least as early as half-way through their life cycle.

And thank you for letting me know that if I choose to immortalize them, he will go away. I wasn't sure. I'd like to play with Sims at all phases of the life cycle, but I was not sure this was possible without also having the GR in my game.
L 55, Easter Update
HFN, #2 Firehouse RD.
JasonGFCO
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by JasonGFCO »

I'll share some of the information I've experienced with the Grim Reaper as well.
  1. I've noticed him appear on lots with Senior Sims whose life meter is below 1/2 and usually around 5/8 or 3/4.
    Over a long period of orb grinding I've noticed he started appearing closer to the 1/2 meter mark again after more recent updates.
    -----Currently on the Dream Homes Update.
    If a Senior Sim is immortalized with a Platinum Orb at any point he will not appear or will vanish if he is present.
    -----I even take all my Sims to within 4 seconds of the end of their current life phase before immortalizing them and he still vanishes.

As a fun bonus -- I do not believe the Grim Reaper has a swimsuit and it's possible he may be unable to swim.
Links to useful information
♪((└|o^▽^o|┐)) ~Sim enthusiast since 1989~ ((┌|o^▽^o|┘))♪
blackbrit
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by blackbrit »

JasonGFCO wrote:I'll share some of the information I've experienced with the Grim Reaper as well.
  1. I've noticed him appear on lots with Senior Sims whose life meter is below 1/2 and usually around 5/8 or 3/4.
    Over a long period of orb grinding I've noticed he started appearing closer to the 1/2 meter mark again after more recent updates.
    -----Currently on the Dream Homes Update.
    If a Senior Sim is immortalized with a Platinum Orb at any point he will not appear or will vanish if he is present.
    -----I even take all my Sims to within 4 seconds of the end of their current life phase before immortalizing them and he still vanishes.

As a fun bonus -- I do not believe the Grim Reaper has a swimsuit and it's possible he may be unable to swim.
Well, both good information here, and a good laugh. Thank you! I need one with regard to certain, ahem, aspects of our fun pastime. :D
L 55, Easter Update
HFN, #2 Firehouse RD.
indigoace
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by indigoace »

I believe the Grim Reaper is unable to swim, because I accidentally trapped him once. One of my houses is surrounded by a moat, & the Grim Reaper carried off my senior sim on the top floor. However, Grimmy couldn't leave until I went into build mode & gave him a passage to dry land....
IOSGOD
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by IOSGOD »

The answer is NO adn Yes once they are close to the after life he is just going to float around until you press that button, Unless you have some orbs, or lifePt. It is kind of creepy. But once he is there he will never leave he will float through houses doors and just be plain weird
GC- MoreAwsomeThanYouAre
Only add my GC friends my FB friends do not work