Elevator question

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
Lavenderwitch519
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Elevator question

Post by Lavenderwitch519 »

I put an elevator in my hotel and it can be seen and used from the 1st & 2nd floor but it doesn't go to nor can it be seen on the 3rd floor. The rooms I have them in are the exact same size on each floor. I even tried to buy another one to put on 3rd floor and it doesn't give me the option to purchase. What's up with this does anyone know? Do elevators only go between 1st & 2nd floors?
level 55
Holiday update
A pinch of cute & a handful of crazy! :mrgreen:
SIMazing
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Re: Elevator question

Post by SIMazing »

Elevators can only move between 2 floors, no matter which floor they are placed.
HFN 1: Starter House with haunted upstairs, 1 firepole: (22 West Side)
HFN 2 -Clue House with 4 firepoles: on island behind Tempest of Bliss (3 Bliss Drive)
Lavenderwitch519
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

SIMazing wrote:Elevators can only move between 2 floors, no matter which floor they are placed.
That's what I figured. Thanks. :cry:
level 55
Holiday update
chamilet
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by chamilet »

So basically, you'd have to put the elevator from the 2nd to the 3rd floor in a different spot.
GC = chamilet (Glee characters) Please mention Sims
GC = LeslieGurun76 (Whovian characters) Please mention Sims
Lavenderwitch519
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

chamilet wrote:So basically, you'd have to put the elevator from the 2nd to the 3rd floor in a different spot.
Thanks. Instead of having to delete rooms and change things around (not being able to do this messed with my design a little) I'm going to use escalators from the 2nd to 3rd floor & the same from 3rd to 4th then use an elevator again from 4th to 5th. Gotta plan ahead more than I was.
level 55
Holiday update
Wolf28
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Wolf28 »

I really wanted to find a way to get an elevator for my new 5 story house - missed the time limit on that quest- but if they can only go 2 floors I see no point. I would like to see elevators available any time, even for those who missed the time limit for the quest :/ but they should be able to go from bottom floor all the way to the top!
GC: Twofish2006
HFN: House above the Starter House (aka #11 West Side)
Magic House w Dragon, pool toy, and pool floaty chairs: 1st house on the island (aka #1 Terra Drive)
pinkpixel26
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by pinkpixel26 »

I would like to have elevators too (apart from the haunted one) but I missed the quest entirely. :|
Wolf28
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Wolf28 »

I haven't unlocked the haunted one yet but I don't really want it unless it can travel all floors. Those Sims sure do get a work out going up all those stairs ! Most of their needs can be met over just two consecutive floors but when I have 10 sims over it makes things slower.
GC: Twofish2006
HFN: House above the Starter House (aka #11 West Side)
Magic House w Dragon, pool toy, and pool floaty chairs: 1st house on the island (aka #1 Terra Drive)