Need help with weekly task- read 'LETTING IT GO'

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
inbalj
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Need help with weekly task- read 'LETTING IT GO'

Post by inbalj »

For the weekly task i got the next task: read 'letting it go' from a castle bookcase
but in the castle bookcase that option dose not exist (try adult, teen, preteen).

Any idea how to do this task? I don't have a lot LP and i don't want to spend the one that i have on skipping this task.
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Re: Need help with weekly task- read 'LETTING IT GO'

Post by Perturbee »

It looks like they've forgotten to add it to the bookcase. I tried all age groups (except babies and toddlers) too, none get that option.
I also skipped (in my test game) through all the weekly tasks to see if I can get it and figure out which book it should be, but no luck there.
The task is indeed (from the game data):
Read 'Letting it Go' from a Castle Bookcase
One of your Sims is struggling to let go of the past. Rumor has it that once upon a time, a princess wrote an incredible book about this very subject. It went on to become an international best seller!
Go to the Northern Glade Castle and read 'Letting it Go' from a bookcase.

Maybe someone else has more luck in finding out which book it should be.
lemontwist
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Read "letting it go" from castle bookshelf

Post by lemontwist »

One of my weekly quest goals is to read "letting it go" from a bookshelf at the castle. Problem is, that's not one of the book options. I tried adult, teen and preteen sims (I currently don't have any seniors). What to do?
Delphine
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by Delphine »

I've also made a try with a toddler : they can't read any of the books.
FB : Catalina Delphine (look for the squirrel ;) )
GC : DelphOrka
Updated, everything built but the volcano
(Please, don't look at my mistakes in English, my French iPad always puts capital letters and accents everywhere)
ErinPW

Re: Read "letting it go" from castle bookshelf

Post by ErinPW »

lemontwist wrote:One of my weekly quest goals is to read "letting it go" from a bookshelf at the castle. Problem is, that's not one of the book options. I tried adult, teen and preteen sims (I currently don't have any seniors). What to do?
I have merged your topic into an existing one :)

I don't even have weekly goals until sunday. So I cannot help at all :(
Going to ask at the German forum.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
kls1st
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by kls1st »

Did this ever get figured out? I just got this task and can't find "Letting it Go".
Deedee
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Deedee »

It's not even MENTIONED on their problems page here.

And they're totally minimizing the villa/car problem too as if just moving the car fixes it somehow. These guys come off as amazingly glib!

I'm new, but when they have issues with this game, do you have to wait all the way to the next major update for the fix or do they do little "patch" type fixes along the way too? How often is this game updated?
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

Deedee wrote:I'm new, but when they have issues with this game, do you have to wait all the way to the next major update for the fix or do they do little "patch" type fixes along the way too? How often is this game updated?
Updates appear roughly at a six weeks interval although it looks like the next one might take longer. Fixes in between are extremely rare, I recall only one...
Deedee
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Deedee »

OMG every six weeks? OK I can see how the hamster on the wheel analogy got attached to this game now! I won't even have time to sit on a rare untimed quest (preteens) and accumulate some wealth because in six weeks I will be being pushed to move forward or lose out. GEEZ you really get forced to make some tough decisions in this game! I already just let the break dancing go as I wanted a quiet week or two and it just wasn't worth it to me for the home DJ booth.

It is pretty stressful to wonder if things you've worked so hard for and spent simoleons, LPs, SPs and real money on will be taken away again on a whim... maybe this game really is more of a scam than a game? I really do NOT know what I've gotten myself into do I...

y i k e s !!
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

This goal showed up in my game last night. I didn't want to skip, yet. When I opened the game this morning, it completed by itself.
Then I downloaded another save from yesterday morning, just to see what happens. The goal before was done, "Letting it go" didn't show up; the game skipped to the next one.

Looks like FM have pushed a little fix for now :)
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View