Please Help! How do you relocate a baby (by itself)?

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
roxiejen
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Please Help! How do you relocate a baby (by itself)?

Post by roxiejen »

Okay guys I got a major crisis here. So one of my couples got divorced today, the guy moved out first to live alone in another house and then the ex-wife went to move in with her new fiance. The problem is that the newly-divorced have a baby boy. Now that both his parents have moved out, he is living alone in a two story designer home with no one to care for him. :( Is there a way I can move him with his mom? I hate to think that he has to be out on his own. Not to mention with him occupying the house I can't get other people to move in so the house is now basically deserted. I really didn't know this would happen when you divorce a married couple... If you guys can help me fix this you will have my undying gratitude!! :oops:
ErinPW

Re: Please Help! How do you relocate a baby (by itself)?

Post by ErinPW »

A baby can move with the family, or if it's an orphan, it can be adopted by another sim. With the adoption the baby moves to the new family. Currently there is no other way to relocate a baby.

Do you have a fresh cloudsave from the time before the mom moved out? Then you could reset the game and go ahaid from there. If the new friend of the mom moves in to her and the baby, they can move into another house and take the baby with them. But I'd only do this, if I wouldn't lose too much of progress.

Depending on what you want for those sims, there are different ways to go on without resetting the game.
Modern Ranch Update, 5.84.0
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
roxiejen
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by roxiejen »

ErinPW wrote:A baby can move with the family, or if it's an orphan, it can be adopted by another sim. With the adoption the baby moves to the new family. Currently there is no other way to relocate a baby.

Do you have a fresh cloudsave from the time before the mom moved out? Then you could reset the game and go ahaid from there. If the new friend of the mom moves in to her and the baby, they can move into another house and take the baby with them. But I'd only do this, if I wouldn't lose too much of progress.

Depending on what you want for those sims, there are different ways to go on without resetting the game.

Thank you so much ErinPW, I restored the game just now. Luckily I only lost about 6 hours of progress. So not a big deal. The problem was that the new fiance that the mom moved in with has a baby of his own... So if I let him move in with her, his baby would be living alone. So I figured for the time being I'd just not let the marry. :( Still, thanks for the reply! I didn't know the baby is not relocatable on its own.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

roxiejen wrote:[snip]
Thank you so much ErinPW, I restored the game just now. Luckily I only lost about 6 hours of progress. So not a big deal. The problem was that the new fiance that the mom moved in with has a baby of his own... So if I let him move in with her, his baby would be living alone. So I figured for the time being I'd just not let the marry. :( Still, thanks for the reply! I didn't know the baby is not relocatable on its own.
You're welcome :)

Do you know, babies can grow up to toddlers quickly without using LPs, if you want?
iOS 17.4.1

Lavenderwitch519
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Lavenderwitch519 »

ErinPW wrote:

Do you know, babies can grow up to toddlers quickly without using LPs, if you want?
I'd be interested in how to age up a toddler without lps
level 55
Holiday update
A pinch of cute & a handful of crazy! :mrgreen:
roxiejen
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by roxiejen »

ErinPW wrote:

Wow I wasn't aware of that, it's been a long while since I last let one of my sims have a baby. :) But then can you move a toddler with his/her parent?
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

roxiejen wrote:
ErinPW wrote:[snip]

Wow I wasn't aware of that, it's been a long while since I last let one of my sims have a baby. :) But then can you move a toddler with his/her parent?
Unfortunately not :( But you can whistle them over to other places, so you can have them at least all together in one house. If the children grew up to teens, they can be asked to move in by any adult or senior sim.
Lavenderwitch519 wrote:[snip]
I'd be interested in how to age up a toddler without lps
As soon as a baby has a personality, aging up to a toddler is free. You can assign a personality while creating the baby or later by tapping a wardrobe while the baby is the active sim. Then tap the baby and choose "have a birthday" You'll get a popup: "Do yo want to perform this action?" Tap "yes" if you want to.
From toddler to preteen it takes a bit longer. I choose the entertainer personality with a sleeping-lifedream and let the toddler hibernate, as that's "easy care". When he wakes up, his life dream is fulfilled and aging for free again :) Then I decide, which personality and lifedream is the right one for this sim.

This all only works, if you have completed the Lifedream & Legacy Quest.
iOS 17.4.1

roxiejen
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by roxiejen »

ErinPW wrote:
roxiejen wrote:
ErinPW wrote:[snip]

Unfortunately not :( But you can whistle them over to other places, so you can have them at least all together in one house. If the children grew up to teens, they can be asked to move in by any adult or senior sim.

I see. I'm not certain whether I want the babies to age up right away but thanks for the info! You've been such a great help! :D
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

roxiejen wrote: I see. I'm not certain whether I want the babies to age up right away but thanks for the info! You've been such a great help! :D
Fortunately we aren't forced to age them up quickly :)
I've got a baby in my town for over a year already :o
iOS 17.4.1

DropOfHappy
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by DropOfHappy »

did you try to move the crib to the house you wanted the baby at, then restart the game? Just an idea for next time