miserable pets

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
scarletbegonias
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

miserable pets

Post by scarletbegonias »

does anyone have any tips for cheering pets up? my animals are all walking around miserable. feeding doesn't do anything to move the bar, neither does frisbee or cuddling/praising.

sometimes when im decorating i cant even move a chair because the cat all the way on the other side of the house wants to sit on it and it takes ages for them to mope across the house :evil:

the only thing that helps is the cat run, which is huge and costly and i cant always fit one in my house, and the dogs only get cheered up by the slide which is 25sp, but most of my regular lot houses don't even have pools! argh! so frustrating when they walk around with their ears back!!
FB: https://www.facebook.com/milo.sims.3
HFN: 4 West Oceanside
haunted house: 1 Divers Way
message me so I know where you found me! :)
ErinPW

Re: miserable pets

Post by ErinPW »

I don't understand, why cuddling and praising doesn't help. In my game it does.
Maybe it becomes better for your pets, if you send them to the barkshire park, let them use the cat run and the pool slide there.
Oh, and they also need to sleep. Maybe it helps, if you call them to the cat bed or dog house.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

If they are really low, you may have to pet or praise them several times before the bar will move. I agree about the pet furnishings. I only have the cat run at my crazy cat lady's house. It is a big help there. The dog slide doesn't fit most of my pools, and I am so bad at earning SPs that I can't justify the cost.
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
scarletbegonias
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

i have to cuddle my pets like 5 times or more for the bar to move even a sliver :? ...at the rate it moves id probably have to cuddle them 50 times to even get halfway.

sending them all to the pet park and home is rather time consuming, which is why i was looking for alternative ways to cheer them up. whenever i call a pet over to a toy or whatever they either ignore my command completely or spend little time at it. i guess ill make sure my cat beds are on the lowest level cus they never go to them on the second floor
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

The whole pet happiness thing is a change I do not like and something that I have not been able to adjust to. :( I honestly wouldn't mind it so much if, when unhappy, they just walked slower. I hate it when their ears go back. :cry:
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
xjuelx
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by xjuelx »

For me, this is one of the most irritating features they've added lately. I used to spend almost an hour once a week going around and inspiring all the pets, but have finally stopped. I hate seeing them skulk around all depressed, but I just don't have time to keep my sims inspired, and inspire all the pets too. It bothered me at first, but I've gotten used to it. They still seem to dig up just as much treasure as they do when they're fully inspired.
scarletbegonias
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

mockingbird288z wrote:The whole pet happiness thing is a change I do not like and something that I have not been able to adjust to. :( I honestly wouldn't mind it so much if, when unhappy, they just walked slower. I hate it when their ears go back. :cry:
i agree. the ears going back just makes me sad. :(
bloodcool
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by bloodcool »

Ever since I placed a Cat Run at my cats and dogs farm, all of my cats are always full or near-ull happiness as they will use Cat Run at their own will...

However, dogs doesn't use the slide automatically and I do not have a big pool to put several dog slides, so I would send 3 dogs(at a time) to pet park and make them use the slides... it takes around 3 slide plays to get a dog to 0 to full happiness