Facebook connection (no neighbours)

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
Simmer1986
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Facebook connection (no neighbours)

Post by Simmer1986 »

Admin Edit: Solution is on the second page here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2723&p=32948#p32948

My game had an error in it yesterday so I played around with logging in and re connecting to Facebook, however now I've fixed the error all my party boat neighbours have gone and won't sync back... I've noticed when you connect to the app on Facebook under the info you provide like profile etc.. The friends list part is no longer showing and have no clue as to change it as have no option to edit even when I re connect the app again :-( is this why my friends aren't showing? Anyone know how I get fixed this?

Thanks
Microdot
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: Facebook connection

Post by Microdot »

Here's some help regarding login issues:
https://help.firemonkeys.com.au/hc/en-u ... gin-Issues
Game #1: Lvl. 55 Desert Oasis Gamecenter
HFN=Starter House, GH=Museum Boulevard
Game #2: Lvl. 55 Desert Oasis Facebook & Google+
HFN=Starter House, GH=Firehouse Road
Contact information in my profile - Mention forum please
Simmer1986
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Simmer1986 »

Thanks for the info, I can login okay just I think there is a problem with providing my friends list so no neighbours are showing
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

Lots of players have got the same problem.

Did you check the app visibility? If it's "only me", it might help to change it to "friends"
Though, I had to remove SFP from FB, and then give the permission again with logging in within the game (the three dots and then the keyhole)
My friends are back on my party boat :)
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
Simmer1986
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Simmer1986 »

Hi, appreciate the info :-)
Tried it again and still no joy, have included some screenshots of what I'm getting. My keyhole sign is just grey and can't click on it.
Attachments
Screenshot_2015-02-06-15-57-17.png
Screenshot_2015-02-06-15-55-45.png
Screenshot_2015-02-06-15-53-37.png
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

According to various sources on Facebook, this problem has been acknowledged by FM. They promised to fix it, which will probably be in the next update.

Removing and re-adding the app on FB through the app or website didn't change this behaviour at all in my tests, neither did changing the visibility. As far as I know there is a bug in the way the app connects to FB to retrieve the list of friends.

This isn't related to cloud saves, they work on FM's own servers, not FB.
Simmer1986
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Simmer1986 »

I'm glad it's not just me having this issue, set up a new fb to see if that changed anything but no so there is obv a problem with the system. Thanks so much for the information, hopefully it will be sorted soon :-)
SheilaB
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by SheilaB »

I am having an issue as well. In my older game that I have 3 facebook friends -- another sim town, my newer game that is logged into my husband's Facebook and Perturbee. This morning only Perturbee's town has disappeared from my list. I've logged out and logged back in, but her town is still missing :cry:
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

I should be back on everybody's lists. I removed SFP from FB (again) and added it through the holidays version.

The problem is that the Fashion/Mall version doesn't ask for access to the friend list, this does show up when granting FB access in other versions.
Missing permission
Missing permission
2015-02-06_SFP_App_Settings_Missing_Permission.jpg (7.84 KiB) Viewed 17773 times
SheilaB
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by SheilaB »

Perturbee wrote:I should be back on everybody's lists. I removed SFP from FB (again) and added it through the holidays version.

The problem is that the Fashion/Mall version doesn't ask for access to the friend list, this does show up when granting FB access in other versions.
2015-02-06_SFP_App_Settings_Missing_Permission.jpg
Yeah! You're back!